Hey Jon.....

I think you just illustrated exactly why we vent, because there is nothing else we can do. The internet can effect extreme change in today's world.

This. Message boards and Internet communities literally exist to discuss things in the hypothetical. Sometimes change in the "real world" is a tangible byproduct of Internet activity, but not often. What kind of a world would it be if effectuating change was a prerequisite to hypothetical discussion and criticism?

This. Message boards and Internet communities literally exist to discuss things in the hypothetical. Sometimes change in the "real world" is a tangible byproduct of Internet activity, but not often. What kind of a world would it be if effectuating change was a prerequisite to hypothetical discussion and criticism?
Hey now..that's way too philosophical for this board

I've been wrong before and I'm damn sure I will be wrong again. I apologize for false accusations.

I believe most of us are frustrated because we have seen this narrative for a long time. We can see other teams improving, trying new things (some good, some bad) in an effort to get better. But we are stagnant.

2 years ago we finally got to a point where a change was possible. Kirk was on the hottest seat and his buyout was manageable. Last year was a response. Idk if Kirk felt the heat and changed, a super weak/easy schedule, the stars aligning or a combo. But it happened and it was great. Barta jumps the gun and puts us right back to where we were.

Not only these things, but an overal decline of gameday experience. The product is questionable, and the university takes any opportunity to make a quick buck off us. "You want your same season tickets that you have had for years? Now you have to pay for the ticket and make a donation that we decide." "Hey Hawk fans, come check out our new North end zone. Don't worry that 70% of that giant screen is pure advertisement" "but look at these new tv screens on the south side, we can get more ads running here" A disgruntled fan base is bound to be expected.

What frustrates me about your articles/poscast etc isn't what you say. You have your opinion and that totally cool. It's that you were the voice of us. You had the stage to voice what we were all frustrated about. And for a little while you put the fans first.

Kakert, Chad Les, Morehouse etc seem to be afraid to make these points to Staff. And I'm not being critical, I like their stuff too. But they don't voice our frustration. So now we just look like Internet forum crazies.
You are internet forum crazies....it's good to see you take accountability for it.

I'll just put you down as being wrong. But here is the deal...I don't blame you for your take...because human nature is to assume the opinions we have, or the rational we have (we meaning ourselves) is RIGHT...so that what we think is the truth, and there can't possibly be another motive or reality. So I get the wrong conclusions being reached on this topic...and I have explained it clearly, so there is no misunderstanding going forward. Believe it or not, most people do grow up...or rather, one can reflect back on ones actions and be displeased by them. As I have said repeatedly, I would not change the foundation of my past critiques, but I would change the delivery method and choice of some words.
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Harlan Ellison

I personally enjoy his analysis..along with people like Hawkeye Gamefilm..Jon has the guts to be his true self..unlike everybody else hiding behind a facade
Hawkeye gamefilm is a blow hard. If he was the 'real deal' he would be working for someone under his real name....

I'm not a 14 year old girl, so I do not use Twitter....however, I'm being told that you are asking Hawk fans why they are so upset now when they were not 35 days ago. Please put me down for one of those that thought 8-4 was inexcusable given our schedule and what we had returning. Even so, today's lack of preparedness ONCE again for a Bowl Championship (Barta's tag.....not mine) is what should have Ferments run out on a rail.

The really maddening part of all of this is that teams load up front trying to stop our run because they know our passing game sucks so bad our receivers cant get open. It just seems unbelievable to me that there is not a scheme we can run where average receivers can get open at least once in a while. It's terrible! And as far as Iowa having the best O Line in the country, please. I saw one play where two Iowa linemen were on one Florida D lineman and he bulled through both of them right into Beathard! C'mon. If I was the Florida D and Iowa was touted as the best O Line in the country I would have been licking my chops too. Ridiculous.

I knew we were toast when they called that run up the gut on 4th and 2 at the goal and they stuffed that sucker so quick it was not even funny. Toast!

I don't even know what to think about next season. WR is not going to change much. Beathard was a good QB and just assuming Stanley will be, what does that get us? We have a tougher schedule next year. We looking at 6-6 or 7-5 best case, and that is assuming Wadley comes back.

That's great...vent...but perhaps stop short of throwing folks under the bus who don't choose to roll around in the dirt with you?

I don't think you can make a great case for keeping him around. I wanted to see him gone two years ago and said as much every week. But you get to the point where you know what you say or think on a topic like this has zero bearing when the head coach has a lifetime contract...and is basically untouchable. I criticized the recent extension pursuant to the buyout years and structure again, but beyond that, what can you do? Well, I guess you can scream and flame and be negative all the time...but it doesn't matter at all. So I am not gonna carry a pitchfork around with me and look the fool when in the grand scheme of things, it does not matter given the near immunity Iowa has given Kirk via his contracts. It's done.

If I had a vote, I would vote for a new coordinator in a second. But I don't, so I am not gonna fire up a moveon.org petition.
Bullshit! You get change by making noise. You get change by fans showing that this is not what we want. You dont make change by bending over and taking it because "what can you do?".

That mindset has made us the laughing stock of college football come bowl season the last 6 years.

One catch by a receiver today I think I read. That has to be a record. I would think wishbone Nebraska never just had one to a receiver at any time in history.

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Harlan Ellison

round heyah, you no longer entitled to nuthin.
Bullshit! You get change by making noise. You get change by fans showing that this is not what we want. You dont make change by bending over and taking it because "what can you do?".

That mindset has made us the laughing stock of college football come bowl season the last 6 years.

Bring some specifics. Keep in mind the head coach is untouchable, due to the contract extension and buyout parameters. So let's hear them

Why do you think companies spend millions on social media?

One catch by a receiver today I think I read. That has to be a record. I would think wishbone Nebraska never just had one to a receiver at any time in history.
28 receptions all year by receivers who signed LOI's on signing day....Smith with 23, Scheel with 5. MVB was a grayshirt originally. McCarron a walk on. This is the biggest recruiting weakness, over and over

Latest posts