Hey Jon.....

Jon just mentioned Kittle being limited as a reason for our offensive woes this year. Excuse me while I puke....Kittle is NOT a TE....he has a FB build and should NEVER be counted on as a weapon. And BTW, watch Ferments TOTALLY ignore WR next year.....he will mistakenly believe all will be well with the return of Vandenberg.

IMO, Jon changed his tune hard after the podcast where he called for KF head. I think that someone from fort kinnick told Jon that if he wanted his reporters to speak to current players, recruits, access to press conferences, or have their coaches acknowledge his Jethros weekly call in show, that will never happen again.

I agree and have always thought this. In fact many of the reporters in Iowa are extremely careful with everything they say.

Makes it even more frustrating to be a hawk fan when the only news coming out of this program are Daisy's and lollipops.

Jon never used to be one of those guys. I always loved listening and reading what he has to say. It's certainly changed. How many times do I have to hear him say it's not going to be a burn it to the ground podcast.. That comment always has made me think someone approached him.. I don't even listen to podcast anymore haven't in long time!

Don't think it was a lack of preparedness. CJ scores on that goal line stretch and it's a completely different game.
No way. That would've gotten the spread to 20. Explain how the Hawks would've scored 21 more points with the burnt turd on the field today.

His podcasts sound like he is on Prozak now....he has done a 180 which he blames on "growing up" or "not liking" the 2014 Jon. No, I GUARANTEE is was someone else "not liking" the 2014 Jon which is the reason for the above the fray new Jon. Put me down as NOT FOOLED.

Can someone explained to me what happened to Jon? I frequented this forum during 2009-2010 and Jon was "the man" running this site and was constantly posting/interacting. I took a break from 2010-2015 and came back and Jon is like nowhere to be found. I see some content from him occasionally but it's different. Explain?

No way. That would've gotten the spread to 20. Explain how the Hawks would've scored 21 more points with the burnt turd on the field today.

They would have been able to run the ball more. CJ probably doesn't throw 3 picks, including a pick 6. It would have changed what Florida did offensively. Lot of things would have been different.

Can someone explained to me what happened to Jon? I frequented this forum during 2009-2010 and Jon was "the man" running this site and was constantly posting/interacting. I took a break from 2010-2015 and came back and Jon is like nowhere to be found. I see some content from him occasionally but it's different. Explain?
Too high on propane.

Jon seems like a real nice dude, and 3 years ago I'd have probably banned already for being too critical. But damn, I miss the old Jon who told it like it was without fear of repercussion...which he tries to disguise as having some kind of personal awakening/change in maturity.

I'm a 14 teen year old girl and mad as hell, I been watching this garbage for 5 post seasons. I'm gonna knock back 7 or 8 beers smoke a fatty, prolly blow off school the rest of this week. Being an adolescent hawk is very confusing right now. OMG!

Jon seems like a real nice dude, and 3 years ago I'd have probably banned already for being too critical. But damn, I miss the old Jon who told it like it was without fear of repercussion...which he tries to disguise as having some kind of personal awakening/change in maturity.
He's come right out and said on twitter numerous times he doesn't get worked up about Iowa football anymore.

I'm a 14 teen year old girl and mad as hell, I been watching this garbage for 5 post seasons. I'm gonna knock back 7 or 8 beers smoke a fatty, prolly blow off school the rest of this week. Being an adolescent hawk is very confusing right now. OMG!
Can you call me in four years?

--------I'm a 14 teen year old girl and mad as hell, I been watching this garbage for 5 post seasons. I'm gonna knock back 7 or 8 beers smoke a fatty, prolly blow off school the rest of this week. Being an adolescent hawk is very confusing right now. OMG!

^^^^^^^^^^
Funny

IMO, Jon changed his tune hard after the podcast where he called for KF head. I think that someone from fort kinnick told Jon that if he wanted his reporters to speak to current players, recruits, access to press conferences, or have their coaches acknowledge his Jethros weekly call in show, that will never happen again.

Two things...I didn't change my tune after that podcast. I began to change how I criticized, at the end of the summer of 2015...all through the winter (you may recall me calling Kirk gutless after not letting CJB and Rudock speak to media after Gator Bowl, which was a dumb term, but certainly not a change of tune after the Nebraska game) or any of the subsequent podcasts, including all through the summer, that were almost mocking in tone and all are still right there for you to listen to. I have said this before, in a podcast...but will type if here.

I watched Zach Johnson win the British Open..and I witnessed his genuine grace, humility and class...and was convicted of how petulant I had been acting over a game, and me not liking the outcome, and being childish in my criticisms of someone I do respect (in Kirk)...and that I didn't want to act like that any more.

So I haven't.

No calls from Ft Kinnick...my credentials had already been yanked well before the Nebraska game. The only reason ours were reinstated was because the coaching staff fought for non-traditional media access that following fall..not our site specifically, but it umbrella'd under us.

So you'd be wrong about that.

You'd also be wrong about the weekly Jethro's thing..that happened entirely because of Kirk also having an epiphany on how he acted that off season, and hiring a PR firm to help in that area...and the fall of 2015 was when Iowa began reaching out far more to media avails, and that included the Hawkeye Nation show.

I don't own the website. I haven't for nearly 4 years and I haven't been the primary owner for over 7 years....so you just aren't up to speed on a number of things that you talked about in this reply...but thanks for checking in.

They would have been able to run the ball more. CJ probably doesn't throw 3 picks, including a pick 6. It would have changed what Florida did offensively. Lot of things would have been different.
Did you watch the game? All we did was run the ball.

We didn't make it difficult to figure out, Florida obviously knew the Hawkeyes had zero receiving threats before the game started and Beathard looked like he'd just barely crawled away from a really bad car accident. Pretty obvious we were running the ball which was why they had 37 guys in the box. Running the ball more up the guy was absolutely not the answer. I don't claim to have that answer, but it wasn't running more.

I'm not a 14 year old girl, so I do not use Twitter....however, I'm being told that you are asking Hawk fans why they are so upset now when they were not 35 days ago. Please put me down for one of those that thought 8-4 was inexcusable given our schedule and what we had returning. Even so, today's lack of preparedness ONCE again for a Bowl Championship (Barta's tag.....not mine) is what should have Ferments run out on a rail.

Not on twitter...talked about it in the podcast.if you want to listen and discuss it, I'll be glad to entertain a discussion.

One thing I never understood was why do people think these reporters opinions are important? Jon and these guys have no more knowledge or insight than the rest of us. if people ask questions about some sort of inside knowledge they might have (like Robb and recruiting) I get that. But Jon's been out of the loop for awhile. So basically his opinion is just that, an opinion. And basically as irrelevant (in Kirk's mind) as the rest of ours.

Latest posts