Hey, 8-4 is a good consol...

I simply posted Hayden Fry had a couple 8-4 Rose Bowl teams, and you responded like this. Talk about projecting!
Exactly! You and the other members of the FFC came out to show us how great KF is by trying to equate his underwhelming performance these last two years to HFs Rose Bowl years. We get it, but it looks like the folks on this thread have spoken...they don't buy it anymore.

Exactly! You and the other members of the FFC came out to show us how great KF is by trying to equate his underwhelming performance these last two years to HFs Rose Bowl years. We get it, but it looks like the folks on this thread have spoken...they don't buy it anymore.

So you admit that you are totallly projecting all of this by reading that Hayden Fry had two 8-4 Rose Bowl teams. I already knew you were projecting, but it is nice you are admitting it.

Let's say you're the AD at Iowa.
You have a huge salary and live like a king when compared to the proletariat in Iowa.
In the interest of job security would you pay a loser 50,000 a year to police message boards and post like he has a PhD in Stalinist propaganda in order to fool the masses into believing that things are better than they really are?
You might.
Now the same question but this time you make 5 million instead of 400K?

8-4 = 66.66%. On most grading scales, that = D+. Is that "good" to you? Many the 8's were simply True or False "tests."

So 10-2 Is a B- ?

The last 2 weeks were shitshows and unacceptable on a lot of levels. But 8-4 would have been solid this year.

giphy.gif

So 10-2 Is a B- ?

The last 2 weeks were shitshows and unacceptable on a lot of levels. But 8-4 would have been solid this year.

It would have been a decent season, that's all out the window. There was nothing wrong with being optimistic winning your last 2 against teams you're favored against. The team failed. As a fan it's disappointing, but it doesn't change a damn thing for me in my support for the team. I am going to Lincoln Friday. Nebraska can score, win one last one for Riley... not confident, but I will still cheer.

I used to get pissed. I think apathy has set in.

Totally agree. I stopped the "pain" of season tickets in 2013 after 35 years. Just couldn't take it any more. Gladly Stub-Hub 1 or 2 games I actually want to see and spare myself the pain & suffering in the process. This year I stub-hubb NWU and watched them sh*# the bed (again) and then was blown away when they railed OSU. Hard to believe it was the same team!

The first 12 years Ferentz era was fun. The last 7 years have been pain & misery. No doubts about it. In my mind, 2010 Wisconsin Bielema football fake punt was the day the music dies in Kinnick stadium. Pretty much all down hill since then. (the Greg Davis Era, ugh!)

The last Bowl game I traveled to was essentially over at the end of the first quarter. (Rose Bowl although that could be the last 5 for sure) Guess they didn't "clean up" a few things and execute fundamentals. (or get off the damn bus)

I told the I-Club fundraiser caller when the put a better product on the field, I'll reup and donate. That would require better recruitment and there in lies the problem. Too many Mac type recruits/Johnny Hayseed walk ons to compete. Add a dash or two of injuries, recruits leaving program, poor coaching & game day coaching errors and the "hot garbage on" produces a very mediocre product and not in the least enjoyable to watch.
I simply flip to another game on the tube or go outside and do some yard work. I have way less invested in this mess and consequently have enjoy a ton of football on tube I missed for years.

Some may view this attitude as a problem. I tend to view it as part of a solution. Nothing will change with the Gare-Bear/Ferentz love fest until the revenue stream is effected. They can try all of the smoke mirrors/ticket price increases/concession increases they want. Fewer butts in the chairs is the fans only recourse.

Totally agree. I stopped the "pain" of season tickets in 2013 after 35 years. Just couldn't take it any more. Gladly Stub-Hub 1 or 2 games I actually want to see and spare myself the pain & suffering in the process. This year I stub-hubb NWU and watched them sh*# the bed (again) and then was blown away when they railed OSU. Hard to believe it was the same team!

The first 12 years Ferentz era was fun. The last 7 years have been pain & misery. No doubts about it. In my mind, 2010 Wisconsin Bielema football fake punt was the day the music dies in Kinnick stadium. Pretty much all down hill since then. (the Greg Davis Era, ugh!)

The last Bowl game I traveled to was essentially over at the end of the first quarter. (Rose Bowl although that could be the last 5 for sure) Guess they didn't "clean up" a few things and execute fundamentals. (or get off the damn bus)

I told the I-Club fundraiser caller when the put a better product on the field, I'll reup and donate. That would require better recruitment and there in lies the problem. Too many Mac type recruits/Johnny Hayseed walk ons to compete. Add a dash or two of injuries, recruits leaving program, poor coaching & game day coaching errors and the "hot garbage on" produces a very mediocre product and not in the least enjoyable to watch.
I simply flip to another game on the tube or go outside and do some yard work. I have way less invested in this mess and consequently have enjoy a ton of football on tube I missed for years.

Some may view this attitude as a problem. I tend to view it as part of a solution. Nothing will change with the Gare-Bear/Ferentz love fest until the revenue stream is effected. They can try all of the smoke mirrors/ticket price increases/concession increases they want. Fewer butts in the chairs is the fans only recourse.

I died a little that day...

Well you can't let the team dictate what you do by their pre-snap defensive formation.

You don't know before the snap who is going to drop into coverage (immediately or upon certain reads).

You don't know if you can beat them and get a big run. (out execute)

Some of Iowa's most dramatic running plays have been where the box has been loaded

But I agree with the sentiment.

Consider this " is more conservative to throw a 15 yard pass or run into a defense who is hell bent on stuffing the run?

I've said this in other threads but the fake punt against Wisconsin in 2010 is overblown a bit in my opinion. Yes it was very easy for everyone in the stadium (except the Iowa coaches) to identify before it even happened and it was a gut punch but it wasn't the deciding factor in the game.

The lasting memory I have of that game is Wisconsin's last 2 scoring drives. 80+ yards, on the ground, just running right over Iowa. Monte Ball ran over and/or carried 3 Iowa players on the deciding TD. Nobody did that to Iowa. Maybe one drive here or there but nobody physically beat Iowa up like that. That is the reason the "music died" that day or whatever cliche you want to use.

That game was the line of demarcation for Iowa football. There's Iowa before that game: A physical program that beat up other teams even in defeat. And there's the program since that game: One that tries to be physical but often isn't. A program that doesn't really have an identity. Wisconsin took it that day and has had it every since.

I've said this in other threads but the fake punt against Wisconsin in 2010 is overblown a bit in my opinion. Yes it was very easy for everyone in the stadium (except the Iowa coaches) to identify before it even happened and it was a gut punch but it wasn't the deciding factor in the game.

The lasting memory I have of that game is Wisconsin's last 2 scoring drives. 80+ yards, on the ground, just running right over Iowa. Monte Ball ran over and/or carried 3 Iowa players on the deciding TD. Nobody did that to Iowa. Maybe one drive here or there but nobody physically beat Iowa up like that. That is the reason the "music died" that day or whatever cliche you want to use.

That game was the line of demarcation for Iowa football. There's Iowa before that game: A physical program that beat up other teams even in defeat. And there's the program since that game: One that tries to be physical but often isn't. A program that doesn't really have an identity. Wisconsin took it that day and has had it every since.

I agree with most of that. Into the weeds we go, it was the day the music died as former Iowa walk on/ position coach Bret Bielema ran circles around KF & staff that day and it was DAMN embarrassing. There were easily 100 fans in my section yelling fake punt and we watched Billema and his punter yucking it up on the sidelines afterwards. KF just chomped on the gum a little harder.

I distinctly remember walking out of Kinnick that evening...it was totally silent like we were leaving a funeral. We had just witnessed a royal ass-kicking the program has yet to shake. Add inrhabdomyolysis event, more recruiting class disasters, less scholly players and more walk ons, GD hire and KF stubbornness has lead us to this place. 2015 was the outlier due to easy schedule where yes, we got drubbed big-time in the Rose Bowl. Gear-bear felt the need to extend the contract.....WTF???

Nothing changed unless the revenue stream is disturbed. 9 more years of supporting this shit.........no thanks.

The Wisky debacle was the trifecta
1) Predictable predictability costs KF the game and the season
2) Biels officially promoted from student to teacher
3) Melvin flips to Wisky within 24 hours of the game and what could've been Iowa's chance to strengthen it's future by weakening the Badgers becomes exactly the opposite.
In fact that game convinced BB he really was the next Nick Saban. Nope Biels, that day you didn't beat a Hall-of-Famer, you beat a pretender. And because you couldn't see that, you turned into one.