Here's the advice to Fran!

atomicblue224

Buy one of those "Rubbermaid trash can", and put it right behind on the bench. Everytime you get pizzed off . Grab your anger and ball it up and shoot into that garbage can. Leave it there! Close the lid! Just
stay cool. Go Hawks. :mad:

Buy one of those "Rubbermaid trash can", and put it right behind on the bench. Everytime you get pizzed off . Grab your anger and ball it up and shoot into that garbage can. Leave it there! Close the lid! Just

The technical really had little impact on the game. Your 7'1" center couldn't even power up a three-footer. Actually, it may have not been goal-tending. The ball was below the rim.

it'd help if the team played something that resembled defense in the 2nd half instead of giving up 48 points

Hire a Public Relations consultant to learn how to relate to the public. You damage your own image, plus the image of the University when you give smug smart #$@ remarks in press conferences. Tiger had to do it, many others have had to do it. Learn how to use the public to your favor, they are not your enemies. Seriously.

The technical really had little impact on the game. Your 7'1" center couldn't even power up a three-footer. Actually, it may have not been goal-tending. The ball was below the rim.

I forgot which one of the TV guys kept saying that Woody needed to take the ball strong to the rim. Obviously he wasn't watched many Iowa games.

I forgot which one of the TV guys kept saying that Woody needed to take the ball strong to the rim. Obviously he wasn't watched many Iowa games.

Woody should have been going to the line to complete a three point play. Reggie Evans, Brunner, etc. would have powered the sucker up & drawn a foul.

2 comments. It was goal tending when the PSU guy touched the ball after Woody put it on the glass, so didn't matter where it was when trapped against the rim. On the T, PSU scored 7 straight in under 1 minute of game clock after they already had eaten through our lead. I get that we shot terrible, and Woodbury was missing cupcakes, but thinking the T had little impact on the game? Really??? That's like saying some of Clemmons lazy passes that turned into turnovers had little impact on the game. Face it. Fran blew his cool, and it cost us. The margin for error at this level is slim enough that that kind of crap (technical) can cost a game.

Woody should have been going to the line to complete a three point play. Reggie Evans, Brunner, etc. would have powered the sucker up & drawn a foul.

Maybe if he'd of gone up strong. Either way he stunk just as much as the rest of the team did.

2 comments. It was goal tending when the PSU guy touched the ball after Woody put it on the glass, so didn't matter where it was when trapped against the rim. On the T, PSU scored 7 straight in under 1 minute of game clock after they already had eaten through our lead. I get that we shot terrible, and Woodbury was missing cupcakes, but thinking the T had little impact on the game? Really??? That's like saying some of Clemmons lazy passes that turned into turnovers had little impact on the game. Face it. Fran blew his cool, and it cost us. The margin for error at this level is slim enough that that kind of crap (technical) can cost a game.

When all the players on the team not named Utoff or White shoot five for thirty you can't blame the coach. Utoff & White each had five buckets. EVERYBODY ELSE HAD FIVE BUCKETS IN THIRTY ATTEMPTS!

When your team couldn't put the ball in the ocean from a cruise ship I don't think that's the fault of the staff. The staff should have the players prepared to play but there is simply no way they can be held accountable for that hideous of a shooting performance by al but two of their players. What are they supposed to do pull guys out of the crowd that look like they might be able to shoot. Game plans are irrelevant if the players can't execute and I'm pretty sure hitting jumpers and layups was part of the plan.

Here's my advice for Fran. Do whatever you're going to do. You know a lot more about coaching than I do. I'm sure if you had the opportunity to look at things after the fact I'm sure you'd change some things. When you get a coach, player, fan you get the good and bad.

When all the players on the team not named Utoff or White shoot five for thirty you can't blame the coach. Utoff & White each had five buckets. EVERYBODY ELSE HAD FIVE BUCKETS IN THIRTY ATTEMPTS!
So I have to ask the obvious then. As the coach, watching your team shoot this poorly, why lose your cool and give the opposing team EVEN MORE OPPORTUNITY TO BEAT YOU???? Seriously. The fit throwing and profanity is just flat out childish. Its not some kind of secret that refs suck, and you go into every single game knowing they are gonna make poor calls/miss calls. Deal with it. Grow a pair, and get back to playin the game. In this instance, Newbill gained some momentum and they put up enough points that it put it out of reach for us. Is that saying that Fran cost the game? Absolutely not. But it sure is a stupid thing to do.

So I have to ask the obvious then. As the coach, watching your team shoot this poorly, why lose your cool and give the opposing team EVEN MORE OPPORTUNITY TO BEAT YOU???? Seriously. The fit throwing and profanity is just flat out childish. Its not some kind of secret that refs suck, and you go into every single game knowing they are gonna make poor calls/miss calls. Deal with it. Grow a pair, and get back to playin the game. In this instance, Newbill gained some momentum and they put up enough points that it put it out of reach for us. Is that saying that Fran cost the game? Absolutely not. But it sure is a stupid thing to do.

You are so frustrated with your team's performance you just go ballistic. You will do anything to get them motivated. If you played the game at a very high school level or in college, you will understand. With the attitude & body language of the team, Fran was upset as hell. it is pretty obvious that you have never played the game.

You are so frustrated with your team's performance you just go ballistic. You will do anything to get them motivated. If you played the game at a very high school level or in college, you will understand. With the attitude & body language of the team, Fran was upset as hell. it is pretty obvious that you have never played the game.

It is obvious you have never seen how Fran's lack of control hurts the team more than it helps. And there are other ways to communicate urgency without having to have a crybaby fit. Need a couple of good examples of rage-less coaching? Start with Jacobson and Hoiburg. You never see them turn into hysterical lunatics when things are working against them, and their teams still manage to win from time to time.

Sure the X and O's and execution isn't on the staff but the fact that every player crumbles, plays with no physicality, and is mentally weak is on the staff. I've never seen a team so disinterested in winning and not wanting to fight back when they get hit. That's in the coaches.

Here's my advice for Fran. Do whatever you're going to do. You know a lot more about coaching than I do. I'm sure if you had the opportunity to look at things after the fact I'm sure you'd change some things. When you get a coach, player, fan you get the good and bad.
When does the coaching staff own poor shooting?

Hire a Public Relations consultant to learn how to relate to the public. You damage your own image, plus the image of the University when you give smug smart #$@ remarks in press conferences. Tiger had to do it, many others have had to do it. Learn how to use the public to your favor, they are not your enemies. Seriously.

Thank You

It is obvious you have never seen how Fran's lack of control hurts the team more than it helps. And there are other ways to communicate urgency without having to have a crybaby fit. Need a couple of good examples of rage-less coaching? Start with Jacobson and Hoiburg. You never see them turn into hysterical lunatics when things are working against them, and their teams still manage to win from time to time.

And Fred's team had last 4 comeback wins after being down 10+ points. No dramatics just coaching.

We tried that Buddy and it didn't work.
Buddy_zpso9jzdo44.jpg

Latest posts