Here's how Gator fans feel about facing Iowa, most are not happy.

giphy.gif

I copied and pasted their comments below from the Gator Swap Gas forum. Their about as arrogant as OSU fans.

"WE played them in Zook's second year and again in Meyer's first year. They upset a good Michigan team and destroyed Nebraska at home. I hope our defense comes to play, they are Alabama without the 5 star talent. Because a loss there, there will be noise if he starts 1-2 next year."

"Boring opponent. Open up the offense for recruiting."

"Either one of those opponents would give us about the same type game as LSU did. Pretty good defenses, nothing real flashy on offense. Gators beat either one of them 24-13." ( the other opponent this Gator fan spoke of is Nebraska)

"Oh God. Not this crap again. I hate Iowa. Their brand of football bores me more than a Ron Zook press conference."

"Iowa, Anyone else but Iowa."

"Confirmed by Brett McMurphy on Twitter. Sucks. Iowa really is an uninteresting opponent. Kinda wanted Nebraska."

"Iowa....zzzzzzzzz"

"Outback Steak House Presents: The Snooze Bowl. Final score: 2-2 (tie)"

"Iowa's offense is terrible. We've pretty much been able to beat every terrible offense we've played this year rather handily. The key will be how much effort will some of the guys looking ahead to the draft will give because you know Iowa is gonna play hard."

"They're a gritty team. Not sure we can out-coach them, but we should out-talent them."

"Iowans QB Blows! Anything more than 5 yards downfield is an incomplete pass" We can out coach and out talent them but if we can't throw the ball, it's hard to win."

"My honest opinion about this game is that we will destroy them and I am trying to remove the OB glasses on that prediction. It's a hard prediction to make after the last two games but I think we will destroy Iowa. Might be a good betting opportunity because whatever the line is, I think we will be counted less than we are.

UF - 24
Iowa - 10"

Happy for the Hawks going to the Outback.

Not happy with the match up with Florida. My family has been to both Outback Bowls involving Iowa and Florida.
Wish it were with another opponent. Hard to get excited about the same old. We would have went to San Diego. Probably not going to Florida.

Keep in mind FL was within 18 hours of a terrible loss. Why would anyone be enthused about playing another outbackbowl?

I think there is something about "the club". "The Club" are those teams who have won a National Championship. Once you get there you are in.

Can do that to California to, for all I care.

Brilliant minds think alike!

'Druther build that "wall" along the western AZ & NV borders and southern Oregon border (Oregon is still salvageable). Would be shorter, therefore, more affordable and much more effective at improving the USA than anything along the Rio Grande. I bet we could still convince Mexico to pay for it, too.;)

Perused a few Gator boards. Didn't see a lot of interest either way in this bowl game. I too was like, "Florida? Again?"
Yawn..............

Hard to argue with much of what they said. Boring? Well, the Hawks aren't much for glitter, are they? Alabama without the 5 star talent? I'll take it as a compliment. Someone prefers Nebraska as an opponent? Who wouldn't like to face Turnover Tommy? They actually seemed to know Iowa very well and show a decent amount of (begrudging) respect!

I copied and pasted their comments below from the Gator Swap Gas forum. Their about as arrogant as OSU fans.

"WE played them in Zook's second year and again in Meyer's first year. They upset a good Michigan team and destroyed Nebraska at home. I hope our defense comes to play, they are Alabama without the 5 star talent. Because a loss there, there will be noise if he starts 1-2 next year."

"Boring opponent. Open up the offense for recruiting."

"Either one of those opponents would give us about the same type game as LSU did. Pretty good defenses, nothing real flashy on offense. Gators beat either one of them 24-13." ( the other opponent this Gator fan spoke of is Nebraska)

"Oh God. Not this crap again. I hate Iowa. Their brand of football bores me more than a Ron Zook press conference."

"Iowa, Anyone else but Iowa."

"Confirmed by Brett McMurphy on Twitter. Sucks. Iowa really is an uninteresting opponent. Kinda wanted Nebraska."

"Iowa....zzzzzzzzz"

"Outback Steak House Presents: The Snooze Bowl. Final score: 2-2 (tie)"

"Iowa's offense is terrible. We've pretty much been able to beat every terrible offense we've played this year rather handily. The key will be how much effort will some of the guys looking ahead to the draft will give because you know Iowa is gonna play hard."

"They're a gritty team. Not sure we can out-coach them, but we should out-talent them."

"Iowans QB Blows! Anything more than 5 yards downfield is an incomplete pass" We can out coach and out talent them but if we can't throw the ball, it's hard to win."

"My honest opinion about this game is that we will destroy them and I am trying to remove the OB glasses on that prediction. It's a hard prediction to make after the last two games but I think we will destroy Iowa. Might be a good betting opportunity because whatever the line is, I think we will be counted less than we are.

UF - 24
Iowa - 10"

They start an ex-Purdue QB. And in last year's snow bowl at Kinnick he kinda sucked.

Just like nebby, Florida isn't the team they used to be. The fans can't accept it just like the entire SEC fanbase can't accept that the Big 10 is the big dog in college football. As for the big 12. The Big 10's 4th best team is ranked one spot lower than the big 12's kingpin.

I wouldn't be happy about playing Iowa either.

It's like playing Iowa State.

Very little upside. If you beat Iowa, then the only thing you gain is another win against a team that is nationally perceived as boring and mediocre.

Big downside. If you lose, which is a very good possibility because Iowa puts up a fight, then you're a laughingstock because of that same perception.

I don't care what another people thinks. So what If they're playing the Hawks or not. I'm gonna enjoy my little shack in beach somewhere in Florida with my dish point to Outpond and go skinny dipping When the Hawks win by one over Gators in last 50 secs.
b46dbe01475c2ae4426a9087f2f47e2e.jpg

I wouldn't be happy about playing Iowa either.

It's like playing Iowa State.

Very little upside. If you beat Iowa, then the only thing you gain is another win against a team that is nationally perceived as boring and mediocre.

Big downside. If you lose, which is a very good possibility because Iowa puts up a fight, then you're a laughingstock because of that same perception.

You don't really think this way, do you?

Latest posts