Here is how Kinnick will look Saturday from above

I'm not sure why people don't think this can be pulled off. 99% of the people will be in their seat for the National Anthem to hold up their card followed by flipping it over when that is done.

He's not saying the process is too complicated, Einstein...it's the overly busy pattern.

And I got news for you...it's not just the "old farts" that often have trouble executing a simple plan. And that's putting it kindly. (didn't see many 45 yr olds rush the field early and cost us 15 yards against Penn St 3 years ago. And try sustaining a cheer like "Let's Go Hawks" these days...it goes into "faster faster...blow-it-up mode" within seconds in the student section) If there's a group incapable of following directions in Kinnick, it sure as hell won't be us "crusty old" alums.

That being said...I do think it's a little busy and could look like a cluster f***...even if everyone executes on command. But who knows...it could be spectacular!

If only Ferentz were willing to try such high-risk plays once-in-a-while.

Well....uummm....about that....rush the field thing? Well I was 45 Years old three years go and I don't know how to tell you this....but ummmm I RUSHED THE FIELD THREE YEARS AGO. IT WAS AWESOME. There was only one second on the clock for Petes sake!!! (and just a little shout out to dwane twill since he thinks I'm a DB- hey Dwayne!):D

GO HAWKS!!!

Well....uummm....about that....rush the field thing? Well I was 45 Years old three years go and I don't know how to tell you this....but ummmm I RUSHED THE FIELD THREE YEARS AGO. IT WAS AWESOME. There was only one second on the clock for Petes sake!!! (and just a little shout out to dwane twill since he thinks I'm a DB- hey Dwayne!):D

GO HAWKS!!!

You're a defensive back, Freaky???:eek:

nc.gif

Maybe I missed something along the way, but what in the hell is the point of this?

Do we really need to add these "activities" to a great event? Historic Kinnick Stadium, traditional Big Ten football teams that have developed an intense rivalry, 70,000 screaming Hawkeye fans, crisp autumn evening...

I mean why stop there? When Michigan rolls into town, we should try generating an additional $40,000 in revenue by selling the rights to our little patty cake card game to the highest bidder. Think of how cool a big Pump N Munch logo would look from the sky?

Certainly worth a try, the Mother of all stadium gimmicks......

If it works, NW will be devastated by the Excellence of the Hawkeye Faithful.....

:)

People need to remember that this is also a black and Gold Spirit Game as well. There is going to be a lot going on in the stands Saturday night. Is it too much?

What else is going on in the stands for the black and gold spirit game?? Door prizes? black jack tables??

I'm beginning to understand how we end up with some of the elected officials, pop music icons and celebritards we do... so many people without a clue. Jesus.

It's not about whether people can hold up the damn card...of course they can!!!! It's the complexity of the pattern and whether it will look worth a damn in a stadium card display!!! They're two completely different questions. Are some of you guys completely dense? (rhetorical question)

Look at all those other examples. The patterns are much more simple...therefore the visual effect works. (even so, note how some of them look a little rough...even when executed perfectly). It doesn't have anything to do with whether the cards are held up at the right time. It's whether a pattern with so many thin lines, small stars, and subtle edges will be sharp enough in that medium. THAT...is what people are wondering about. NOT if people can hold up a damn card on the count of 3.

Whether you agree or disagree...Why is that so hard to grasp that THAT is the question people are asking?

We should get pics of the effed-up card interpretation of the fugly design and make uniforms next year that look like that. It'll be SICK! Recruits will love 'em!

I'm beginning to understand how we end up with some of the elected officials, pop music icons and celebritards we do... so many people without a clue. Jesus.

It's not about whether people can hold up the damn card...of course they can!!!! It's the complexity of the pattern and whether it will look worth a damn in a stadium card display!!! They're two completely different questions. Are some of you guys completely dense? (rhetorical question)

Look at all those other examples. The patterns are much more simple...therefore the visual effect works. (even so, note how some of them look a little rough...even when executed perfectly). It doesn't have anything to do with whether the cards are held up at the right time. It's whether a pattern with so many thin lines, small stars, and subtle edges will be sharp enough in that medium. THAT...is what people are wondering about. NOT if people can hold up a damn card on the count of 3.

Whether you agree or disagree...Why is that so hard to grasp that THAT is the question people are asking?

It's not like 10 people are going to be holding up a card. With 70,000 cards in the air I think we will be just fine ...

People are straggling in from their tailgates 30 minutes before a game....I get to my seats about 10 mins before kickoff.

Good luck with this one.

Latest posts