Here is how Kinnick will look Saturday from above

Not surprised by the negativity from some on here, whenever something new is announced are those skeptics. I remember the Black and Gold out, that will never work blah, blah and blah. FYI that night was unreal and expect Saturday to be the same at Kinnick. Iowa fans typically don't disappoint.

So my take is Iowa Fans will rise up again and put on another heck of a show..

The fans will do fine. The pattern is way too busy. If you've seen card shows before...you know that even well-executed patterns look a little rough around the edges. There's a lot of fine detail in this that likely won't translate well to a football stadium card stunt. Take the above photos and draw in the aisles and walkways and it already looks pretty rough.

We'll see.

Last edited:
Speaking as one of the over the hill one foot in the grave old farts, I think the flaw here is that everyone will be in their seats at least 15 minutes before kickoff. Is that being adequately publicized? Does everyone know about it? If everyone is there, it will work. If everyone is not there, it will look like one big cluster f____________

If it was an 11 start time then yes, I would agree. I just don't think that is typically the case for a night game at Kinnick.

hahaha. Seriously Dexter your way over thinking this. let me ask you are you an engineer??

Doesn't take an engineer to realize those lines aren't going to line up. I think it will be cool, just think they should have gone with a more simple design.

Last edited:
Couple this with the fact that everyone is supposed to wear black or gold depending on their section and everything will run together. There's to many lines. But I also don't think the minds behind this expect it to look exactly like the pitcures either. We shall see. I'll do my best!

Night game ... presumably virtually all fans will have been in IC since anywhere from the night before to that afternoon. No reason why 98 percent of the people can't be in their seats 15 minutes before the start of the game and participate, especially with it being publicized. HawkeyeNation can do this.

url

Failure is not an option.

I'm sorry but this has fail written all over it.

Google 'card stunt' and look at the images that come up and then think about what they are planning to attempt.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but this has fail written all over it.

Google 'card stunt' and look at the images that come up and then think about what they are planning to attempt.

Same thing was said last year for the spirit game. People didnt even get shirts for that and we pulled it off.

Lots of crow will be consumed in this thread when we pull it off and it looks amazing.

A lot of you are being overly critical and I'm curious how many of you have actually been to Kinnick in recent years.

I think it looks awesome and I'm confident the fans at Kinnick will pull it off.

Also..... for the record, I would guess that the stadium is typically at 70% capacity about 1/2 hour before kick off for Big Ten games. Asking people to be there an extra 15 minutes sooner isn't that much of a stretch.

People need to remember that this is also a black and Gold Spirit Game as well. There is going to be a lot going on in the stands Saturday night. Is it too much?

Wow the old farts are out in force in this thread. How hard do you think this will be people? You get a card and hold it up! If you cant do that then I feel sorry for you.
Yep, I'm sure they have small directions on them too. Looks pretty freakin cool to me.

ITT: Herp derp cards aint no complicated, how u dat dumb?

It's complicated in the sense that someone has to set up those dumb things throughout the whole stadium in the right spot. There WILL be people who don't know what they're for, and students will end up moving to different seats and bring their cards with. The cards could be blown away by wind, the "O" part of the crowd will be late like always, it's going to cost money, etc.

My point is that there is quite a bit of cost and effort being put into something that won't provide much of a return and has the potential of being screwed up.

That being said, if this is going to happen, I'm interested in seeing how it turns out. I'm also interested in finding out if I'll be there, my friend ducked out on me. Wait, what was I saying...?

I know the whole striping thing was able to be pulled off...and I don't think the issue will be with people holding up cards...this design is just too intricate and like someone said draw in aisles and stuff and...yuck. But kudos if they pull it off....I just wouldn't hold your breath....that design is crazy.

Card Stunts | Flip and Stadium Card Stunts | Sports Promotion | Halftime Show Entertainment

got this link from another site.... if a bunch of NASCAR drunks can do it i'm positive a bunch of hawkeye drunks can do it. stop being Debbie Downers and get psyched!

Shows just how many people there really are in a stadium setting... when hundreds could be out of "pattern" or correct seat, and the projection pattern still works out as proposed. I agree the pattern chosen has a bit much detail, but I'm guessing it still works and looks pretty cool!

Then again, BTN may not even air it for more than a brief second or two if it's so far in front of the KO. Besides, we have to do something to get airtime on the highlight shows to show that we still "exist" as a team, since it appears we won't make it on based on our on field performances and playmaking.

Latest posts