Help with Tailgating Itinerary

okeefe4prez

Please identify material weaknesses and areas where we need improvement

Friday:

4:20 - fly to Omaha
5:45 - HappyChef to pick me up at airport
Go to pick up HappyChef's 1979 RV
Drive toward IC
Maybe at 1, arrive at the lot way out by the intramural fields, but if we get too sloppy on drive over, pull off at Wal-Mart in Newton and sleep til just before 5

Saturday:

6:30ish - crack first beer
6:45ish - begin breakfast with bacon, snausage, eggs, hash and cakes
9:30 - pretty buzzed - grab about an hour of shut eye
10:45 - wake up to watch early games at RV - begin preparation of bratwurst and Italian snausages
noonish - buddy with car scheduled to arrive in IC - bratwurst to be consumed
1ish - round of Jagerbombs to fuel a rally - get ride over to stadium area to hit tailgate with other buddies - At some point wander over toward SDK46's and Hawkeye101's tailgate for awhile
6ish - hit buddy's tailgate in KC lot to mooch a little more food (but not too much to spoil appetite for t-loin in stadium)
6:46 - Crush Red Bull followed by "in the zone brew"
6:52 - stumble into stadium
6:52 to end of game - take all actions necessary to not get kicked out of stadium or punched in the face by an Iowa fan if we lose and an ill-advised "Stanzi For Heisman" chant doesn't win any new friends
End of game - go back to RV and finish bottle of Scotch

Sunday 10 AM - ride megabus back to Chicago

1. why the heck would you back track all the way to Omaha?
2. Wake up at 8:00 and skip the nap

20090415_passed-out-drunk.jpg

Guys, you act like it's safe for HappyChef to open his own beers whilst he is driving the RV. I got news for ya, it ain't, that's why I am flying to Omahall.

As for the nap, it is necessary because I'm not some kind of alcoholic who can drink for 11 hours straight - I need a little break in there.

Guys, you act like it's safe for HappyChef to open his own beers whilst he is driving the RV. I got news for ya, it ain't, that's why I am flying to Omahall.

As for the nap, it is necessary because I'm not some kind of alcoholic who can drink for 11 hours straight - I need a little break in there.

11 hours? That's not even half a day. Come on. Man up.

Please identify material weaknesses and areas where we need improvement

Friday:

4:20 - fly to Omaha
5:45 - HappyChef to pick me up at airport
Go to pick up HappyChef's 1979 RV
Drive toward IC
Maybe at 1, arrive at the lot way out by the intramural fields, but if we get too sloppy on drive over, pull off at Wal-Mart in Newton and sleep til just before 5

Saturday:

6:30ish - crack first beer
6:45ish - begin breakfast with bacon, snausage, eggs, hash and cakes
9:30 - pretty buzzed - grab about an hour of shut eye
10:45 - wake up to watch early games at RV - begin preparation of bratwurst and Italian snausages
noonish - buddy with car scheduled to arrive in IC - bratwurst to be consumed
1ish - round of Jagerbombs to fuel a rally - get ride over to stadium area to hit tailgate with other buddies - At some point wander over toward SDK46's and Hawkeye101's tailgate for awhile
6ish - hit buddy's tailgate in KC lot to mooch a little more food (but not too much to spoil appetite for t-loin in stadium)
6:46 - Crush Red Bull followed by "in the zone brew"
6:52 - stumble into stadium
6:52 to end of game - take all actions necessary to not get kicked out of stadium or punched in the face by an Iowa fan if we lose and an ill-advised "Stanzi For Heisman" chant doesn't win any new friends
End of game - go back to RV and finish bottle of Scotch

Sunday 10 AM - ride megabus back to Chicago

Good stuff here. What kind of scotch is my only question?

Looks pretty good, I like to mix in a PM nap around 3pm followed immediately with a round of Irish car bombs. I'd also try and include some chilli, though that could be disasterous for the bus trip home.

I would actually schedule in time to take a dump based on the amounts/types of food and drink being consumed. Plus you never know who's gonna show up with what in IC so you might need MULTIPLE dump breaks. I don't want you to have to push any of your importants items back because you're sitting on the can crapping your brains out.

drinking and driving seems like a good plan on your list.

Yeah normally I'm against drinking while driving because it's unsafe. However they are going to be in a motor home and it's almost impossible to get hurt in a crash when you are in a motor home so I'm OK with it.

That whole long post & you didn't get one "Proles" in? I am dissapointed!

Looks like fun. Nothing better than battling the wind with a motorhome buzzed.

There will be no chili consumed. I had a trial run with some chili last weekend and Ma made me sleep on the davenport due to noxious odors that I was producing. Second, if the driver gets too drunk, we will pull over so it's not like he's going to be drinking and driving for several hours unless he's cool to drive. Third, dump breaks will be figured in, but I am not allowed to take a dump in the motor home. Back when I crashed at HappyChef's place a few days a week during school, he always made me take a dump at the law school and never at his place. It's just one of his rules, so I'll have to go to a porta potty, but once I get in one of those, it ain't like I'm planning on cuddling up with a good book and hanging out for an hour or anything - I'll wait until a turtlehead is a millimeter from kissing my underwear and then head in and be done within a couple of minutes. You've gotta plan accordingly when circumstances warrant.

Ma made me sleep on the davenport

Whoa crazy wierd flashback. I think you have to be > 70 yrs old to use the term davenport

eliminate the chanting- this isn't girls high school softball. also, if you can't go 11 hours of drinking without a nap, then i see what you are chanting.

all and all- good plan though, i must say i'm jealous i won't be able to hit the game!

Latest posts