Help with Tailgating Itinerary

Whilst I appreciate OK4P asking for help on the schedule for the weekend, he is not at liberty to decide anything. It is true that I'm planning on taking the 1987 Class C Ford Recreational Vehicle (the "Rig") to the ballgame, OK4P will not be riding shotgun. Instead, he will be positioned to sit on the cooler in between the driver's and shotgun seats in charge of refreshment management. And while he cannot bill $500 per hour for said responsibilities, he will likely be more valuable doing that than photocopying for the partners at Biglaw Firm.

pwned.jpg

Last edited:
Whilst I apprecaite OK4P asking for help on the schedule for the weekend, he is not at liberty to decide anything. It is true that I'm planning on taking the 1987 Class C Ford Recreational Vehicle (the "Rig") to the ballgame, OK4P will not be riding shotgun. Instead, he will be positioned to sit on the cooler in between the driver's and shotgun seats in charge of refreshment management. And while he cannot bill $500 per hour for said responsibilities, he will likely be more valuable doing that than photocopying for the partners at Biglaw Firm.

Whoa, pretty big talk from such a little man. Irregardless, I want to sit on the cooler because I would safer if I were thrown through the windshield and clear of the motorhome than I would be if I were seatbelted in.

Oh yeah, HappyChef, you're going to like this - I am compiling a mix tape of all of my favorite trucking songs. So far it has Convoy and East Bound and Down. We will just listen to that tape the whole way over. I can't wait to see the look on your face the 40th time we hear "Breaker one nine, this here's Rubber Duck."

Whoa, pretty big talk from such a little man. Irregardless, I want to sit on the cooler because I would safer if I were thrown through the windshield and clear of the motorhome than I would be if I were seatbelted in.

Oh yeah, HappyChef, you're going to like this - I am compiling a mix tape of all of my favorite trucking songs. So far it has Convoy and East Bound and Down. We will just listen to that tape the whole way over. I can't wait to see the look on your face the 40th time we hear "Breaker one nine, this here's Rubber Duck."

Which begs the question: does The Rig have an operational CB radio in it?
Think of the fun you could have with "smokey".
Just watch out for SeaBass and his crew, if you stop at a diner along the way. He might put a booger in HappyChef's grits.

Whilst I apprecaite OK4P asking for help on the schedule for the weekend, he is not at liberty to decide anything. It is true that I'm planning on taking the 1987 Class C Ford Recreational Vehicle (the "Rig") to the ballgame, OK4P will not be riding shotgun. Instead, he will be positioned to sit on the cooler in between the driver's and shotgun seats in charge of refreshment management. And while he cannot bill $500 per hour for said responsibilities, he will likely be more valuable doing that than photocopying for the partners at Biglaw Firm.
I've re-read this about 10 times and I laugh everytime. What a great post. Perfect.

Whoa...he may tell you to hit the road when you land and get to Iowa City on your own...something about not biting the hand that feeds you?

You're going to actually make a cassette tape for this? You must have one of those fancy-dancy CD-to-tape recorders? Do they even make them anymore? I threw my cassette tape player away sometime right after the Berlin Wall collapsed.

Now I know why you are flying into Omaha. Your going to be looking for the sign that says Eat Gas Now and stop by Pisca and see Mavis. Let me know if she is still built like a burlap bag full o'bobcats(like the song says).

Okeefe, did you survive? I heard a guy blew a .394 on a public intox. charge in Iowa City Saturday.

Okeefe, did you survive? I heard a guy blew a .394 on a public intox. charge in Iowa City Saturday.

I survived and kept it between the lines all day, though I was a little touch and go around 6:50 when I took a huge pull off a bottle of RumpleMinze to top off my buzz. Wow, I forgot how bad that stuff tastes.

The RV wouldn't start on Sunday morning, but thank goodness, the gentleman from Big 10 towing found a short in the headlight and then she started right up.

Latest posts