He’s (Basabe) a better player than Fuller

Agreed. Just hope Mel snaps the four year streak where Iowa's best player transfers out of the program ;)

Tyler Smith
Tony Freeman
Jake Kelly
Fuller

Throw a little Jeff Peterson in on the side.

Agreed. Just hope Mel snaps the four year streak where Iowa's best player transfers out of the program ;)

Tyler Smith
Tony Freeman
Jake Kelly
Fuller

Throw a little Jeff Peterson in on the side.

Was Fuller a big loss? Yes. Was he the best player on the team last year? No.

One thing I will say, Iowa could absolutely use Fuller on this team. Would the team have 5 more wins? No. But he'd definitely help out and I wish he would have stuck it out.

But that's done and over. If it means Iowa got Basabe because Fuller left, then it's a good trade (although I think it was a Larson-Basabe trade).

Was Fuller a big loss? Yes. Was he the best player on the team last year? No.

I will have to disagree.

He averaged 12ppg and almost 8 boards in Big Ten play last season. He was clearly Iowa's best player.

Keep in mind that Fuller hardly played until the Big Ten started. Just another reason that Lickliter was totally clueless.

Fuller played 185 minutes in non-conference games that is an average of 14 minutes. When Big Ten started he played 546 minutes-30 minutes a game.

Last edited:
There is no doubt he was Iowa's best player last year.

I will have to disagree.

He averaged 12ppg and almost 8 boards in Big Ten play last season. He was clearly Iowa's best player.

Keep in mind that Fuller hardly played until the Big Ten started. Just another reason that Lickliter was totally clueless.

He may have had the best stats but I dont think he was the best player on the team.

If you compare Fuller's minutes with the rest of the team and look at his stats and his contribution it isn't even up for debate who Iowa's best player was.

It's not who's better, it's that they are both not at Iowa. Why bother with who is better when you want them both. I'm not sure why Fran bothered to say that.

It's not who's better, it's that they are both not at Iowa. Why bother with who is better when you want them both. I'm not sure why Fran bothered to say that.

Why would Jamie Pollard comes out crying about players transferring out of ISU? Because it probably bother the sh!t out of him, and he wanted to vent his frustration, as it was a key reason why the program didn't move forward from year to year. Little did he know at the time, that he was bringing in a coach that would make his words look even more petty and small, as he signes transfer, and players dismissed from their teams......

My point is, these guys are human, and we all say things that maybe we shouldn't........Im sure Fran was trying to point out that he will replace players (like Fuller) who didn't want to be on the team, with more talented player who do want to be on the team.

Last edited:

Latest posts