He’s (Basabe) a better player than Fuller

It doesn't matter who's better, nor is it newsworthy. The kid isn't here and he would have made this team better. I would like to know what lead to Fran's comment, but that probably doesn't matter either.

Fuller was a nice 3/4 combo for us. He could hit the 3 and also did a nice job of putting the ball on the floor and taking it to the basket. These are skills that Basabe hasn't exhibited yet. In other words they are different players with different skills.

With results like that, you might give the edge to Basabe for being smart enough to realize where his strengths are.

Also have to remember what offense Fuller was playing in. I would bet in an offense like what we run now, he wouldn't have shot anywhere close to as many 3's.

Guys he only shot 30 last year, it's not like he was Antoine Walker for the celtics throwing up 6 a game.

While I hated to see Fuller leave and all of the others noted by Jon. I would take Basabe in a second over fuller and any of the guys listed.

I might be alone on this but Basabe reminds me of Glenn Robinson...

My recollection of Robinson was that he was a gamer that could score from anywhere inside and with a little bit of an unorthodoxy looking shot. He was a great rebounder and could block shots like no bodies business.

My recollection of Robinson was that he was a gamer that could score from anywhere inside and with a little bit of an unorthodoxy looking shot. He was a great rebounder and could block shots like no bodies business.

He shot 40% from behind the arc as a sophmore (he wasn't elegible as a freshman) and 38% as a sophmore with 79 makes and 208 attempts. Yes he had some moves with his back to the basket but we was a legitimate threat from 21 feet as well, something that just isn't the case with Basabe.

I'm not trying to be rude, or say that Glenn's back to the basket game isn't similar, but Glenn had skills that Basabe just doesn't (and probably wont ever) have.

Guys he only shot 30 last year, it's not like he was Antoine Walker for the celtics throwing up 6 a game.

And I recall Aaron having a smooth left handed stroke. I could be wrong but I bet he ends up shooting a high percentage beyond the arc in his junior and senior year.

I never had the feeling when he was shooting the threes that I wanted him to stop shooting them.

Latest posts