Hawks Have stolen Clones Thunder

We really need to get ForeverIowan unbanned, I bet he is freaking going nuts. I'd also bet CyTwins is besides himself. I told him that Peter Jok was gonna be a good player, and that we were getting a top 50 type player. He mocked me and mocked Jok calling him a Mid Major player all the time, but as per usual that d!pshit was wrong.

Also I told you two years ago Freddie was screwing you guys recruiting wise, you disagreed, but you gotta admit that Fred really dropped the ball recruiting wise.

ha...I had almost forgotten about foreveriowan. wasn't he the guy that was a huge UNI fan and said Fran made the biggest mistake of his career for not offering wyatt lohaus?

I get so irritated by clown fans annointing ISU as a basketball school. They are NOT a basketball school. Duke, Indiana, UNC, UCLA, Kansas and Kentucky are basketball schools. Iowa state is a school with a basketball team. Historically Iowa has just as much and actually more basketball tradition then ISU.

Dispense with the Hilton Magic and Larry eustachy Magic. Nauseating.

I think they just say they're a basketball school because they actually are ranked most of the time (recently) and have semi-success in basketball...minus the actual tournament itself. That, plus their football team is always just awful, and it becomes easy to say "hey we're a basketball school!!!"

Plus the whole little brother complex. They finally sniff some success over their big brother and they have to flaunt it and celebrate it and call their flooded dump of a stadium "magical"

We really need to get ForeverIowan unbanned, I bet he is freaking going nuts. I'd also bet CyTwins is besides himself. I told him that Peter Jok was gonna be a good player, and that we were getting a top 50 type player. He mocked me and mocked Jok calling him a Mid Major player all the time, but as per usual that d!pshit was wrong.

Also I told you two years ago Freddie was screwing you guys recruiting wise, you disagreed, but you gotta admit that Fred really dropped the ball recruiting wise.

i completely agreed that he wasn't recruiting for the long term. Fred hated recruiting. However I still can't arguevwith the results.

ha...I had almost forgotten about foreveriowan. wasn't he the guy that was a huge UNI fan and said Fran made the biggest mistake of his career for not offering wyatt lohaus?

No, that was a different guy. ForeverIowan is famous for saying that ISU was going to overtake Iowa in football. That a new ERA of ISU football was beginning and that the new FLOOR for ISU football was 6 wins......Welp they won 3, 2, and 3 games since that proclamation.

ForeverIowan also claimed ISU recruiting was 100x better than Iowa's, that the Big 12 was going to send more teams deeper into the NCAA tournament last year. Basically anything that doucher said, the opposite happened.

i completely agreed that he wasn't recruiting for the long term. Fred hated recruiting. However I still can't arguevwith the results.

And I never said anything different about the results. I said that the strategy should have flipped at some point nearly all HS recruits, with an occasional JUCO or transfer if needed. Instead of HS depth he added players such as BDJ (Cancer), Bluford (moved on), Edozie (barely a spot player), Cooke (attitude and spot player), McKay (possible cancer).

Imagine how much better ISU would be if instead of wasting all of those scholarship he locked up 5 HS Fr. at that time. They would be coming into their own.

Or they would have sucked and transferred out. No way to know. It's not like he hit it out of the park with high school recruiting.

What results 2 big twelve tournament titles? The sweet sixteen was nice. Other than those, what results?

It was reported when Hoiberg was hired at ISU that his long term goal was to be an NBA head coach. I'm not so sure he was interested in building the best long term plan at ISU as he might have been for producing shorter term results that would garner attention from the NBA. He carried the experience and badge of a talent evaluator in his previous position in the NBA prior to the ISU hire. That carries with it a good pitch to carry into the home of a recruit that has his eye on an NBA opportunity (the famous Rolodex). Prom has the benefit of a program with some momentum but he's likely going to have to go about things differently than Hoiberg did.

Who would have predicted that at this point in the season, Iowa would be #1 in the Big 10 and Iowa State would be once again essentially out of contention for the Big 12 season championship? I don't remember even the most optimistic fans predicting this situation.

Who would have predicted that at this point in the season, Iowa would be #1 in the Big 10 and Iowa State would be once again essentially out of contention for the Big 12 season championship? I don't remember even the most optimistic fans predicting this situation.
They aren't out of it yet, they could still put it all together. It does not seem likely but with 2 wins this week, they will be back to calling themselves a final four team again.

i'm pretty sure I know someone else who made the same call on floyd of mayberry's recruiting too........i recall getting a rash of 'shat' about it - but it would appear that the chickens are coming home to roost.....apples and oranges - but this is why i love that KF doesn't go JUCO - build programs recruiting 4/5 year players - not one/done and/or problem children/island of the misfit toys....

Clone fans talking about all the results they've gotten these past few years. Their teams really haven't done as much as the fans think they have.
Don't get me wrong, they've had some good teams. You just to need to see things how they are.

Clone fans talking about all the results they've gotten these past few years. Their teams really haven't done as much as the fans think they have.
Don't get me wrong, they've had some good teams. You just to need to see things how they are.
I agree, they have done some good things, but the way they talk you would think they were consistently an elite 8 team and above. We all know that's far from being true.

I get so irritated by clown fans annointing ISU as a basketball school. They are NOT a basketball school. Duke, Indiana, UNC, UCLA, Kansas and Kentucky are basketball schools. Iowa state is a school with a basketball team. Historically Iowa has just as much and actually more basketball tradition then ISU.

Dispense with the Hilton Magic and Larry eustachy Magic. Nauseating.

I thought ISU was a baseball school!

Latest posts