Hawks Have stolen Clones Thunder

Who else could be a 1- or 2-seed that isn't named Kansas. I don't want Kansas fans in DM.

Who else could be a 1- or 2-seed that isn't named Kansas. I don't want Kansas fans in DM.

Oklahoma, Michigan State, or Wichita State (if they go on a run for the rest of the season which is quite possible) could be in Des Moines as a #1 or #2 seed.

Oklahoma, Michigan State, or Wichita State (if they go on a run for the rest of the season which is quite possible) could be in Des Moines as a #1 or #2 seed.

I disagree on Wichita State. IMO they could run the table including winning their conference tournament and not even get considered for a 2 seed. When you're a mid major and your toughest remaining games are Illinois St (RPI 121) and UNI (RPI 123), factor in they are 1-3 against RPI top 50 I don't see it happening.

Oklahoma & MSU are viable options for Des Moines, I think you could also include Notre Dame & Purdue with an outside shot.

If both kansas and iowa end up in des moines...it will be one crazy location. I went to the Bahamas with iowa a couple years ago and the Kansas fans travel like crazy.

They should, they don't spend any money to follow their pathetic football team. all their eggs are in the the BB basket. How about Dayton? That was a home game for them when we played em in that tourney.

If it wasn't for Hilton magic..ISU would be an avg to poor team. What they do have is an awsome venue for playing basketball and I am very envious of that. Carver can't hold a candle to Hilton when it comes to hostile atmosphere. It really pisses me off that our athletic dept will not do anything to address this. #1 would be to put the student section right behind the benches. I hate the view of Carver with people sitting on their ***** waiting for something to cheer about instead of being the instegators that get the team up to do something. Watching MSU at Breslin is what I would like to see at Carver.

Most folks on the "enlightened" East Coast can't differentiate between Iowa and Iowa State

Or Ohio or Idaho.....No we do not grow potatoes.....Apparently, I have an midwestern accent so when I say I am from Iowa people think I say Ohio.

If it wasn't for Hilton magic..ISU would be an avg to poor team. What they do have is an awsome venue for playing basketball and I am very envious of that. Carver can't hold a candle to Hilton when it comes to hostile atmosphere. It really pisses me off that our athletic dept will not do anything to address this. #1 would be to put the student section right behind the benches. I hate the view of Carver with people sitting on their ***** waiting for something to cheer about instead of being the instegators that get the team up to do something. Watching MSU at Breslin is what I would like to see at Carver.

BILLBUCKNER you are absolutely correct! I went to the Lady Hawks Sunday and I stood up and was cheering and people turned around and gave me the dumbest looks. I looked back at them and told them how in the world can you come to a game and just sit there and not clap or cheer! I said your all a bunch of deadbeats! They sit there with their bucket of popcorn and never utter a sound! I think they think they are at the movies or something! How can people do that???? As great as the Hawks are this year Carver should be rocking from tipoff to the final buzzer!!!!! I honestly think people think it's embarrassing to cheer. Come on Hawk fans and treat this men's basketball team with respect and get up off your a$$ and scream and holler........even clap if you can't yell!!!! IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE!!!!!

You envious of that? When they got it rollin it is good, but let's get all amped to win the conference tourney.....I dunno, I guess I want a little bit more.

If it wasn't for Hilton magic..ISU would be an avg to poor team. What they do have is an awsome venue for playing basketball and I am very envious of that. Carver can't hold a candle to Hilton when it comes to hostile atmosphere.

With their magic, they've lost 2 games. With our "whateveryacallit" we've lost 0 games.

We really need to get ForeverIowan unbanned, I bet he is freaking going nuts. I'd also bet CyTwins is besides himself. I told him that Peter Jok was gonna be a good player, and that we were getting a top 50 type player. He mocked me and mocked Jok calling him a Mid Major player all the time, but as per usual that d!pshit was wrong.

Also I told you two years ago Freddie was screwing you guys recruiting wise, you disagreed, but you gotta admit that Fred really dropped the ball recruiting wise.

This. ForeverIowan, ISUer, UNI4Cy whoever that cat was unban him. I want him to try and run smack and dig himself into one gigantic turd hole.

The problem with the student section idea is that for whatever reason the students have poor attendance at carver so it would look pretty sad on tv to see huge chunks of empty seats right behind the benches because the students didn't want to show up. Whenever they show the current student section on tv you can see huge sections of empty seats behind them.

I think today's crop of UI students would rather drink chai tea lattes and curl their mustaches than watch a top 5 basketball team play.

The problem with the student section idea is that for whatever reason the students have poor attendance at carver so it would look pretty sad on tv to see huge chunks of empty seats right behind the benches because the students didn't want to show up. Whenever they show the current student section on tv you can see huge sections of empty seats behind them.

I think today's crop of UI students would rather drink chai tea lattes and curl their mustaches than watch a top 5 basketball team play.

It makes me cringe to think what the next generation of fans will be like. Are these students going to turn into rabid fans after graduation? I doubt it.

Oklahoma will be in Oklahoma City and won't be in Des Moines. Same with probably Wichita State if they would be a 1 or 2. If MSU gets to a 1 or 2 they could possibly end up in Des Moines with Kansas as a 1 or 2 while Iowa goes to St. Louis as a 1 or 2 but I don't see that happening.

Oklahoma will be in Oklahoma City and won't be in Des Moines. Same with probably Wichita State if they would be a 1 or 2. If MSU gets to a 1 or 2 they could possibly end up in Des Moines with Kansas as a 1 or 2 while Iowa goes to St. Louis as a 1 or 2 but I don't see that happening.

Makes sense. Does anyone see the Cyclones making a run and getting a #3 or #2 seed in St. Louis? It could shape up like the Kansas/Wichita State tourney game last year. And it would make for good TV!

Makes sense. Does anyone see the Cyclones making a run and getting a #3 or #2 seed in St. Louis? It could shape up like the Kansas/Wichita State tourney game last year. And it would make for good TV!

I don't see them going on a run. They haven't beaten a team with a pulse on the road yet, so I think that will continue. So that is 3 losses (@Baylor, @Kansas, @WVU). They have 4 for sure wins in Tech, K-State, TCU, and Oklahoma St. The should be able to beat Texas at home. That would put them at 11-7 in conference and 22-9 overall. That would be good for a #3 or #4 seed.

I don't see them going on a run. They haven't beaten a team with a pulse on the road yet, so I think that will continue. So that is 3 losses (@Baylor, @Kansas, @WVU). They have 4 for sure wins in Tech, K-State, TCU, and Oklahoma St. The should be able to beat Texas at home. That would put them at 11-7 in conference and 22-9 overall. That would be good for a #3 or #4 seed.

And I forgot that seeds 1 to 4 wouldn't meet in the 1st or 2nd rounds anyway. Kansas was a 1 or 2 and Wichita State was a 7 (I think) when they met in Omaha. Of course, a major implosion might result in a 7 seed!

And I forgot that seeds 1 to 4 wouldn't meet in the 1st or 2nd rounds anyway. Kansas was a 1 or 2 and Wichita State was a 7 (I think) when they met in Omaha. Of course, a major implosion might result in a 7 seed!

True, I think I spelled out the CEILING for ISU really. Even looking back over the last couple years they struggle to beat good teams on the road (so does everyone really), but ISU rarely beats anyone on the road. If they slip up and lose at home to Texas, OSU, TCU, or K-State or they can't beat Tech tonight, they will be a 5 seed.

Latest posts