Hawks Have stolen Clones Thunder

True, I think I spelled out the CEILING for ISU really. Even looking back over the last couple years they struggle to beat good teams on the road (so does everyone really), but ISU rarely beats anyone on the road. If they slip up and lose at home to Texas, OSU, TCU, or K-State or they can't beat Tech tonight, they will be a 5 seed.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were a 6 seed or worse. They will probably lose to Texas at home on Saturday

I hope like hell the Hawks get the Cyclones again in the tourney. Sending them home would be a fitting end to an already incredibly fun year.

I don't see them going on a run. They haven't beaten a team with a pulse on the road yet, so I think that will continue. So that is 3 losses (@Baylor, @Kansas, @WVU). They have 4 for sure wins in Tech, K-State, TCU, and Oklahoma St. The should be able to beat Texas at home. That would put them at 11-7 in conference and 22-9 overall. That would be good for a #3 or #4 seed.

I'll take Texas Tech tonight.

If it wasn't for Hilton magic..ISU would be an avg to poor team. What they do have is an awsome venue for playing basketball and I am very envious of that. Carver can't hold a candle to Hilton when it comes to hostile atmosphere. It really pisses me off that our athletic dept will not do anything to address this. #1 would be to put the student section right behind the benches. I hate the view of Carver with people sitting on their ***** waiting for something to cheer about instead of being the instegators that get the team up to do something. Watching MSU at Breslin is what I would like to see at Carver.

Carver prepares our players for the neutral court environment of the postseason.

With their magic, they've lost 2 games. With our "whateveryacallit" we've lost 0 games.

Imagine how much worse they would be without that magic. Iowa is a very good team with or without a great home crowd. But it would be so much more fun if our crowds were like Hilton.

Loved watching the Clowns loose to TexTech. To make it better ESPN flashed their promo for the Iowa - Indiana game in the corner about every 5 minutes.

Little reminders.......

LOL at the Clowns. They can't even win at Texas Tech. I think there were 1500 fans in the stands for that game. I'm also sure ClownU will say the Big12 is out to get em, and the refs, they done screwed ISU again.

If you don't follow @HeavensHawkeye on twitter, you should.

Niang.gif

CajULgDUUAAmHdi.jpg

LOL at the Clowns. They can't even win at Texas Tech. I think there were 1500 fans in the stands for that game. I'm also sure ClownU will say the Big12 is out to get em, and the refs, they done screwed ISU again.

I read through a couple of threads over there. Wow. They were all complaining that the refs handed the game to TT. They were complaining about the disparity in fouls. Not once did they say that ISU doesn't really attack the basket, that they instead settle for jump shots, and that doesn't get you to the foul line much.

Funny how there is a whole thread dedicated to the "this always happens us" in reference to losing at the last second. Pretty sure the clowns have won multiple games this year in the final seconds. But they always lose on last second shots :rolleyes:

I read through a couple of threads over there. Wow. They were all complaining that the refs handed the game to TT. They were complaining about the disparity in fouls. Not once did they say that ISU doesn't really attack the basket, that they instead settle for jump shots, and that doesn't get you to the foul line much.

i flipped on the radio after the game, hoping to garner some enjoyment hearing john walters crying.....on queue...the first thing they are talking about was how bad of a game the ref. crew did for an ordinarily very good crew.........i immediately shut the radio off.......somethings change.....somethings stay the same! it goes from top down - and by top i mean Folly. the only AD i've ever known to throw a press conference to go 'bernie' on the conference/refs....(the game is rigged against us).....

If you don't follow @HeavensHawkeye on twitter, you should.

Niang.gif

CajULgDUUAAmHdi.jpg

what's the story with the above picture? i assume the one with him and the coffee cup is his? how about the picture he's walking in front of - obviously the 3 pointer is photoshopped - is the SI cover too? how was it originally and where was it posted - i checked his twitter and didn't see anything. i see one on 'notgeorgeniang'........but that is a spoof account....i assume...

i flipped on the radio after the game, hoping to garner some enjoyment hearing john walters crying.....on queue...the first thing they are talking about was how bad of a game the ref. crew did for an ordinarily very good crew.........i immediately shut the radio off.......somethings change.....somethings stay the same! it goes from top down - and by top i mean Folly. the only AD i've ever known to throw a press conference to go 'bernie' on the conference/refs....(the game is rigged against us).....

John Walters is the worst!

Peaking too early...I view this as a team playing at a very high level without room for improvement. Other teams improve and close the gap or pass a team by. It looks like the team "peaked too early." But I think the team hit their high point while others improved.

With the experience in Iowa's starting lineup this could be reason for concern. Can they really get much better? But our bench is young and inexperienced. I think Uhl, Ellingson, Baer and most of all Wagner can and will improve. So I don't think this team has peaked.

I also feel like this team was playing at about a 9 on a scale of 1 to 10 when conference play started...something to prove, a chip on their shoulder, must win early games, etc. I sense that they are still very focused but (the starters especially) have backed off just a bit and are playing at about an 8 against some of the weaker competition. I think we will see them back at the 9 level for the conference tournament and games like Indiana and Michigan. But I think (hope) Iowa's 10 level is going to come out over a 6 game stretch in the NCAA Tournament.

Partially agree on Uhtoff, Sap, and Gesell NOT agree on Woody and Jok. Bench play - agree except for Wagner

The missed goaltending call in the TT-ISU was really bad. BUT, against that mediocre team, the Clones should have never been in a position for that call to matter. The refs didn't cause them to lose, their lack of effort and lack of bench did.

Latest posts