Hawks #22 in latest AP Poll

Went from unranked to 23rd in coaches poll also. Nice when you can sleepwalk through playing UAPB and move up in the polls. Thanks to 4-5 teams losing in front of us.

Every league game is going to be a battle. To think otherwise is begging for failure. We'll be getting the "top teams" best shots too. No way do the Big Ten's rankings stay looking this good because teams will be beating up either other up. As long as we stay injury free I think we'll be in the mix at the end, but if/when we drop a couple in a row we need to stay behind these kids.

You know exactly what I meant. You must have forgot that Nebraska beat Iowa last year when you were busy watching the clowns.

No, I remember very clearly. I also remember that whether I, as a fan, overlooked that game didn't have any affect on the game at all. The Nebraska game is not going to get people excited, period. Wisconsin will, especially since most of us don't think they're really a top 5 team and would love to see them taken down a peg on their own floor.

I want to beat Wisconsin on their floor and then have them finish number 2 (behind us.)

Every league game is going to be a battle. To think otherwise is begging for failure. We'll be getting the "top teams" best shots too. No way do the Big Ten's rankings stay looking this good because teams will be beating up either other up. As long as we stay injury free I think we'll be in the mix at the end, but if/when we drop a couple in a row we need to stay behind these kids.

I was behind the kids during the Lickliter dark ages. The reign of King Fran has begun in Iowa City. LONG LIVE THE KING!!!!! Knights of the round ball of Hawkeye Forum arise and put on your armor.

In today's (Week 9) poll we remain at #22. Other notables...

#3 - OSU
#4 - Wisconsin
#5 - Michigan State
#11 - Nova
#13 - Iowa State
and Illinois is #26 in voting

I'm getting to the point where I root for our opponents to be ranked more than ourselves. Seems to be more meaningful in college basketball to have your opponents succeed in the rankings than your own team.

In today's (Week 9) poll we remain at #22. Other notables...

#3 - OSU
#4 - Wisconsin
#5 - Michigan State
#11 - Nova
#13 - Iowa State
and Illinois is #26 in voting

How are we going to get a decent NCAA seed, high RPI, respectable SOS and attention from the NCAA selection committee with soft teams like those on our schedule?

I do like how I have no doubt that we have the ability to beat the 3rd, 4th and 5th rated team in the nation and could have beat the 11th and 13th rated team, one on their floor and on on a neutral court.

This Iowa team can beat anyone.

I do like how I have no doubt that we have the ability to beat the 3rd, 4th and 5th rated team in the nation and could have beat the 11th and 13th rated team, one on their floor and on on a neutral court.

This Iowa team can beat anyone.

Need to learn to close out games against good competition first. Then I'll agree with you.

No, I remember very clearly. I also remember that whether I, as a fan, overlooked that game didn't have any affect on the game at all. The Nebraska game is not going to get people excited, period. Wisconsin will, especially since most of us don't think they're really a top 5 team and would love to see them taken down a peg on their own floor.

You mean excluding the sellout 15,400 who will be attending?

http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/basketball/62567-iowa-v-nebraska-sold-out.html

I see.

Latest posts