Hawknick

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. He didn't mock or belittle anyone, he was just positive. He didn't rip into posters, he simply posted positive things. He didn't go after you or others, he simply was the pie in the sky optimist, that was his Schtick.

So color me not threatened by a guy/poster who isn't putting others down or riding coaches or players into the ground.

lol. Amazing! All he did was mock this board.

I wasn't around when he was finally banned, so I haven't got a clue as to what finally tipped the scales for Jon. But my guess is the Schtick finally met its end.

Last edited:
I've read this entire thread and can't figure out what Hawknick did to get banned. Those quotes are so prescient he could have been a trainer or manager. What was his infraction? I understand it's a privilege to post here and the moderator has the last say.

What everyone is forgetting is that, when JDM laid banhammer to iowalaw, it was HawkNick that was slain. JDM explained, after the hue and cry, that, like iowalaw, HawkNick had violated certain "standards" like the multi-identity/copious-alt statute in Article 4, Section B, sub-section3, point d.

In other words, several alts got banned. HawkNick and iowalaw may not "appear"...at least they don't appear under those "handles".

Troll? Savant? **** (really, a term for a male chicken is bleeped?)-eyed optimist? Doesn't really matter. He was a good foil to many of us this summer. I'd rather read posts from a guy who's thought to have his head in the sand than up his a$$.

I can't claim to have read all or even most of his posts but what I did were positive and almost always backed up with (his) reasoning. Also he displayed far too much knowledge about the Iowa roster and seasons past to be anything other than a Iowa fan. I never got the impression he was a troll-- and if he was, he was subtle enough to be entirely ineffective in that role. Prolly just had multiple accounts and is now forced to use his more "balanced" handle.

lol. Amazing! All he did was mock this board.

I wasn't around when he was finally banned, so I haven't got a clue as to what finally tipped the scales for Jon. But my guess is the Schtick finally met its end.

This board deserved the mocking. I'm sure it'd be amusing to bump some of the threads from the spring and summer but I don't feel like wading through the bull**** just to show how dumb some of this board looks now.

New to this message board but holy moly this stuff is freaky and funny. Troll or not.. those predictions are insanely accurate. And I also don't understand why people were so angry with him. I don't necessarily buy the whole part about "you'd understand how annoyingly optimistic he was when we were all in a state of football depression last year"

This board deserved the mocking. I'm sure it'd be amusing to bump some of the threads from the spring and summer but I don't feel like wading through the bull**** just to show how dumb some of this board looks now.

New to this message board but holy moly this stuff is freaky and funny. Troll or not.. those predictions are insanely accurate. And I also don't understand why people were so angry with him. I don't necessarily buy the whole part about "you'd understand how annoyingly optimistic he was when we were all in a state of football depression last year"

I agree with both of these. Heck I was on the fire Ferentz train.....but Hawknick and his optimism (trolling or otherwise) never bothered me for one second. If JD were going to ban all the trolls on here, we would be down to a couple posters. Heck there are a few still just impatiently waiting for Iowa to lose.....just wait, if it happens, they will come out hard after the loss.

I agree with both of these. Heck I was on the fire Ferentz train.....but Hawknick and his optimism (trolling or otherwise) never bothered me for one second. If JD were going to ban all the trolls on here, we would be down to a couple posters. Heck there are a few still just impatiently waiting for Iowa to lose.....just wait, if it happens, they will come out hard after the loss.

Arvada, Homer, Playmaker, lightning, mr olympia, Thunder (although he'll probably blame "Riddick")

If they do, they should be banned immediately. KF proved me and many others on here wrong. I was done with him and he showed why he is maybe the greatest coach in Iowa history. I would have laughed in someone's face if they would have told me that in August. I couldn't be more happy that I was 100% wrong. I think any real Iowa fan should be too.

In the end, Jon doesn't like Alts and he ended up proving to be an Alt. I can't get over the irony that this guy was trolling trying to mock a fanbase with all positives and most ended up coming to fruition. Pure Karma. lol.

Arvada, Homer, Playmaker, lightning, mr olympia, Thunder (although he'll probably blame "Riddick")
from what I know, most of those guys seem like pretty good posters. A lot of us went off the deep end at the end of last year. Can you blame us? That was the most frustrated I've been with Iowa football. Apparently KF agreed and did something about it.

from what I know, most of those guys seem like pretty good posters. A lot of us went off the deep end at the end of last year. Can you blame us? That was the most frustrated I've been with Iowa football. Apparently KF agreed and did something about it.

"Pretty good?" Aside from a couple STILL harping on Willies, and one still blathering on about WEGHER(!?!), yeah, all solid.

For being "new" to "this" board, your post hints at some familiarity with Hawknick and / or his effect on HN. So, let me be the first to welcome you back ... errrrrrrrr ... welcome you to HN. ;)

I started following the HN forums soon after the Taxslayer bowl and boy oh boy was it depressing. It was a bad time for all fans and some fans in particular were ready to be served coach Ferentz's head. Hawknick was the one and only unconquerably optimistic poster on here. Any time someone would post a complaint you could be sure that Nick would post a gushingly positive counterpoint within a couple of hours. I believe this rubbed a lot of people the wrong way and that's where he picked up his troll label. I personally don't believe he was trolling. His knowledge of the ins and outs of Iowa athletics and his prolific number of posts leads me to believe he was genuine. Could be wrong but that's what my gut is telling me.

"Pretty good?" Aside from a couple STILL harping on Willies, and one still blathering on about WEGHER(!?!), yeah, all solid.
Okay the Willies stuff is a little overboard. I haven't seen anything about Wegher lately. I didn't read that thread that was on here awhile back. But again, I haven't had a major issue with most of them. We all get passionate and therefore unreasonable at times.

I started following the HN forums soon after the Taxslayer bowl and boy oh boy was it depressing. It was a bad time for all fans and some fans in particular were ready to be served coach Ferentz's head. Hawknick was the one and only unconquerably optimistic poster on here. Any time someone would post a complaint you could be sure that Nick would post a gushingly positive counterpoint within a couple of hours. I believe this rubbed a lot of people the wrong way and that's where he picked up his troll label. I personally don't believe he was trolling. His knowledge of the ins and outs of Iowa athletics and his prolific number of posts leads me to believe he was genuine. Could be wrong but that's what my gut is telling me.

HawkNick was a Jim Zabel in the midst of a bunch of Kirk Herbstreits.

Okay the Willies stuff is a little overboard. I haven't seen anything about Wegher lately. I didn't read that thread that was on here awhile back. But again, I haven't had a major issue with most of them. We all get passionate and therefore unreasonable at times.

For the first time in HN history, two posters in 100% agreement! :)

I can't claim to have read all or even most of his posts but what I did were positive and almost always backed up with (his) reasoning. Also he displayed far too much knowledge about the Iowa roster and seasons past to be anything other than a Iowa fan. I never got the impression he was a troll-- and if he was, he was subtle enough to be entirely ineffective in that role. Prolly just had multiple accounts and is now forced to use his more "balanced" handle.

Because he was Ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts