Hawknick

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, all hail Hawknick the wise.

Second, why was Hawknick the Grey banished?

Third, the Hawks have scored a lot of points this year!

Sunshine pumper or not he did seem to know what he was talking about. Hawknick wherever you are Happy Holidays to you. Go Hawks!!

Oh, so the guy is only correct 1/2 the time and you wanna ban him.....:p

What's funny is people glossing over everything he said all last year because of his predictions for this season. He started posting on HN soon after 2014 season started and guess what he predicted Iowa would do be in the Big Ten Championship game and would run the table as well. That didn't happen now did it. He never stopped playing all of you and it went on throughout the basketball season, it was absolutely a joke. Hawknick was huge troll..

Jon banned him for a reason!!

What's funny is people glossing over everything he said all last year because of his predictions for this season. He started posting on HN soon after 2014 season started and guess what he predicted Iowa would do be in the Big Ten Championship game and would run the table as well. That didn't happen now did it. He never stopped playing all of you and it went on throughout the basketball season, it was absolutely a joke. Hawknick was huge troll..

But he was funny dude. When this board was at it's worst, he was a ray of Sunshine......who cares if it was a troll or not, at least he wasn't the same old Kurt Ferretts don't play his talent, Kurt Ferretts can't manage da clock, Kurt Ferretts drove off Willies, Kurt Ferretts can't recruit, Kurt Ferretts "That's football", Kurt Ferretts "Snort", Kurt Ferretts plays FB's at RB, Kurt Ferrets doesn't play to win......Heck and those were just people posting what they think, they weren't even trolls at the time.

Heck I was on board with the fire Kirk train, but I never understood how a guy being TOO OPTIMISTIC (even if it was a troll) bothered soooo many people.

But he was funny dude. When this board was at it's worst, he was a ray of Sunshine......who cares if it was a troll or not, at least he wasn't the same old Kurt Ferretts don't play his talent, Kurt Ferretts can't manage da clock, Kurt Ferretts drove off Willies, Kurt Ferretts can't recruit, Kurt Ferretts "That's football", Kurt Ferretts "Snort", Kurt Ferretts plays FB's at RB, Kurt Ferrets doesn't play to win......Heck and those were just people posting what they think, they weren't even trolls at the time.

Heck I was on board with the fire Kirk train, but I never understood how a guy being TOO OPTIMISTIC (even if it was a troll) bothered soooo many people.

I will add a new one...... Kirk Ferentz finally doing what he was paid to do after his huge contract extension.

Not a knock, just the truth. Granted no one would expect him to go 12-0 every year, but going 10-2 or 9-3 on a regular basis would not be out of the question.

Speaking of 9-3, I was surprised to hear that Georgia fired it's long time coach, Mark Richt. The Iowa program and Georgia program were very similar and mirrored each other. Both coaches were hired within a few years of each other. Both coaches found great success within a few years of taking over their programs.

Coach Richt was a very good person and taught his players to be good men. He would not bend team rules depending on how good the player was. Fans grew discontent as he just couldn't win the big games on a consistent basis. If I remember correctly he did have two SEC championships and won won his division a few more times other than the championship.

I guess that wasn't good enough for their fans and if the bulldog faithful want to keep up the jones in the SEC, then some dirty things are going to be happening between the hedges. Hats off to a good coach who stood for more than just winning.

Last edited:

He was a funny dude and a ray of sunshine? Seriously???? Guess his Schtick won you over.. Guess since he said blew you kisses daily that he gets a free pass to mock and belittle all us Hawk fans on HN. That's exactly what he was doing and it got old. You can only Troll for so long on message board before the act wears thin..

I will add a new one...... Kirk Ferentz finally doing what he was paid to do after his huge contract extension.

Not a knock, just the truth. Granted no one would expect him to go 12-0 every year, but going 10-2 or 9-3 on a regular basis would not be out of the question.

Speaking of 9-3, I was surprised to hear that Georgia fired it's long time coach, Mark Richt. The Iowa program and Georgia program were very similar and mirrored each other. Both coaches were hired within a few years of each other. Both coaches found great success within a few years of taking over their programs.

Coach Richt was a very good person and taught his players to be good men. He would not bend team rules depending on how good the player was. Fans grew discontent as he just couldn't win the big games on a consistent basis. If I remember correctly he did have two SEC championships and won won his division a few more times other than the championship.

I guess that wasn't good enough for their fans and if the bulldog faithful want to keep up the jones in the SEC, then some dirty things are going to be happening between the hedges. Hats off to a good coach who stood for more than just winning.

I really like this post. I know there are a few of them out there but it saddens me to see a guy like Richt get canned after being largely successful and doing it the "right way". Here's to Richt not ending up in Lincolin.

Actual scores in bold.

That is amazing accuracy especially with the offensive numbers. I added that up and the offensive total was just 1 point off! Predicted total 403 points, actual total 404 points. The defensive totals were 160 to 224, but the games where Drew Ott played significant minutes were much closer ( Illinois St, Wisconsin, Illinois pre knee injury).

I would also say that since the 2014 team had a lot of the same players as this team did that they had similar potential. No fan could have predicted the problems with the senior leadership based on what they saw prior to the season.

The verdict is still out on how many of these 2015 players will end up in the NFL. I have a feeling a good number of them will get a shot, when their time at Iowa is done.

I sort of see it both ways ...

HawkPrd is correct, Hawknick was a complete schtick and his act wore thin because he got blatantly sloppy with his ridiculousness. Not quite sure if guys singing his praises for his "prophetic accuracy" or his "positivity" are being serious; if so, you're kinda weird.

On the other hand, I accepted his transparency and found him harmless, so, I kinda get it if you're pining for "the Nickster" -- the adorable crazy ol' coot who you like to tease just to see what he'll say. To me, he was Herbie after a Xanax / Prozac / Haldol cocktail -- a little less edgy, a little more coherent but still just as mental.

I suspect ol' Nick is alive and well, creeping around HN in a slightly modified persona. Wonder if ClintonIAfan has any "inside" info.;)

Is there a chance that you could just sit back and enjoy the irony for five seconds?

He was a funny dude and a ray of sunshine? Seriously???? Guess his Schtick won you over.. Guess since he said blew you kisses daily that he gets a free pass to mock and belittle all us Hawk fans on HN. That's exactly what he was doing and it got old. You can only Troll for so long on message board before the act wears thin..

LOL. He didn't mock or belittle anyone, he was just positive. He didn't rip into posters, he simply posted positive things. He didn't go after you or others, he simply was the pie in the sky optimist, that was his Schtick.

So color me not threatened by a guy/poster who isn't putting others down or riding coaches or players into the ground.

Looking back through it, here are some of the Hawknick "trolls" that really set people off, I mean these were just total whoppers, that some couldn't stand to read:

No deficiencies, this year the coaching staff is doing a great job coaching and building up the new starters. On average this year players are 5.8 pounds heavier than last year! That is all good coach Doyle weight! The new facilities are really paying off. They are hungry, aggressive, and ready to punish their opposition!

A thread about who wins the West division and who would win it.....

Iowa takes it this year.

Wrong Iowa has a very solid secondary including all big 10 candidate Desmond King. Iowa will shut down the clown receivers and win.

I was thinking about this too. To improve the strength of schedule enough to make the 4 team play off Iowa may need Illinois State to win out, or some close to it after their loss to Iowa. That combined with a win over o$u in the Big 10 championship game should be of great benefit. Pittsburgh might also have a decent season outside of their loss to Iowa.

What will we be talking about after the first game thread:

The big improvement of the linebackers.

I really like the defence. They have shown great ability in all the scrimmages. At tackle Johnson is a great athlete. There will be little to no drop off with him. I have also thought highly of Bazata ever since he came to campus. MLB is better suited for Jewell. He will be a great leader and tackle machine. I see a lot of Morris and Angerer when I see the play style. This year the linebackers are being put in better spots. I do believe that this defense can hold up on his to under 20 points per game average.

Never once does he call out other posters, players, or coaches. His Schtick was so harmless, I find it hard to believe that even a thin skinned boob like Pollard would react to this guy.....yet he seemed to upset mean, I just don't get it. I couldn't find a single post where he called out another poster in a negative way.

Looking back through it, here are some of the Hawknick "trolls" that really set people off, I mean these were just total whoppers, that some couldn't stand to read:

A thread about who wins the West division and who would win it.....

What will we be talking about after the first game thread:

Never once does he call out other posters, players, or coaches. His Schtick was so harmless, I find it hard to believe that even a thin skinned boob like Pollard would react to this guy.....yet he seemed to upset mean, I just don't get it. I couldn't find a single post where he called out another poster in a negative way.
I admit he almost looks like a total genius now (even if he wasn't trying to be serious). He never bothered me too much. Sometimes he seemed so over the top and I liked to poke fun at him. He was right and I was wrong. I have not problem; as a matter of fact, I'm glad he was right.

I've read this entire thread and can't figure out what Hawknick did to get banned. Those quotes are so prescient he could have been a trainer or manager. What was his infraction? I understand it's a privilege to post here and the moderator has the last say.

I've read this entire thread and can't figure out what Hawknick did to get banned. Those quotes are so prescient he could have been a trainer or manager. What was his infraction? I understand it's a privilege to post here and the moderator has the last say.

He upset the cart. He played contrarian to the uber negative mood of the board from the Tenn. game to the Ill. St. game. This upset many it seems.

For every Hawknick out there in the world we must have 10x more Negative Nancys and Debbie Downers. The world needs more optimists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts