Hawkeyes vs Gophers Predictions

I have it Iowa 23-21 with Minnesota getting 2 touchdowns in the 4th to make it look closer than it actually was.

With all the running, this game could be quick. We should have a "guess what time the game will end" prediction contest.

I'll guess the game ends at 5:17 PM.

I hope you are right, my wife will be standing at the door, all dressed up, arms crossed foot tapping, waiting to leave for that wedding of her co-worker (Augh!).

On BTN Live, chuck long said it will come down to which coach decides to make that special play, maybe an onside kick or something that will give his team the edge in the 4th quarter.

I sighed. Guess who'd do that. Guess who wouldn't

On BTN Live, chuck long said it will come down to which coach decides to make that special play, maybe an onside kick or something that will give his team the edge in the 4th quarter.

I sighed. Guess who'd do that. Guess who wouldn't

Hawks will pull out the flea flicker again. Special enough.

Hawks are given exemplary field position throughout the entire game; yet, fail to capitalize with TD's. Gophers will produce, offensively, early but eventually succumb to the Hawkeye defensive grind. Minnesota's offense (run) is eventually stuffed by mid to late 2nd quarter which allows the Hawk defense to pick up scoring opportunities in the second half when pass attempts become too perceivable. Special teams and defense will give the Hawks a subtlely cushioned win and with 8 field goals on the day, Myer foreshadows his legacy as the Hawkeyes march forward in classic, Ferentz form:

Iowa 40
Minnesota 16

Iowa 21 Minnesota 17

Minnesota can't throw the football, it makes Iowa's passing attack look like the Broncos in comparison which will be the difference in the game. A fake punt or an onside kick will give the ball to Minny late, deep into iowa territory tanner miller will get a pick to seal a victory.

I haven't seen more than 2 minutes of Minny. As much as I want to say I like our chances, we are on the road against, what is a debatlely good team, and we all know how well we do on the road. We can and should win this game, but we're on the road and they kinda sucked last week. Maybe a wake up. I'd pick Minny 24-17. It's hard to pick us on the road against a team that we shouldn't dominate.

if Iowa gets up early, might as well call the game. Minny can't throw. their only chance to win is selling out to stop Iowa's run game and getting their own run game going.

All I have heard all week is how Minnesota can't pass. So My prediction is simple one Minnesota has success via the air.

24-20 Hawks

Iowa slows the Goofer rushing attack. The Hebrew Hammer has a solid game, rushing for 121 yards and 2 TDs.

Latest posts