Hawkeyes Hoping Improved Play Continues Against Colorado

Not a gambler but curious what the line is on this game. Is it not out yet? I couldn't find anything online.

CU's RPI is 86 while ours is 194.

Seems like a large disparity after looking at their schedule. I take it, winning% is a majority of the RPI calculation?

12-21-2017_12-29-31_PM.jpg

This will definitely be an upgrade in competition from the last few team we have just played (how could it not be?) as they are in a power5 conference. However they would be a lower middle of the pack team in the B1G. This could be a toss up or just another set back. Would love to see HAWKS breakout in this game and give us some real hope.

Southern Utah is currently a 96 RPI - so, 10 spots lower then Colorado.... yet, I don't believe for a second that CO and S. UT are nearly on the same playing field. Conclusion = use Ken Pom more times then not and definitely at this time of year - use RPI towards the end of the year if at all.

The good thing for Iowa is that besides Northern IL next week, every team they face is currently ranked higher in RPI. Iowa has a ton of room to move up if they can win some games.

Southern Utah is currently a 96 RPI - so, 10 spots lower then Colorado.... yet, I don't believe for a second that CO and S. UT are nearly on the same playing field. Conclusion = use Ken Pom more times then not and definitely at this time of year - use RPI towards the end of the year if at all.

The good thing for Iowa is that besides Northern IL next week, every team they face is currently ranked higher in RPI. Iowa has a ton of room to move up if they can win some games.
In which Iowa is ranked 74, while CU is 119.
Sagarin has Iowa @ 73 & CU @ 102.

RPI is kind of silly.

JBo's probably gonna have trouble guarding McKinley Wright. Should be interesting what Fran's strategy is.

We both played SDSU. The Buffalos beat the Jackrabbits and the Hawkeyes didn't. The game tomorrow should be a better indicator of whether the Hawkeyes are improving or if we have just been looking better because of the competition we have played the last few games.

We both played SDSU. The Buffalos beat the Jackrabbits and the Hawkeyes didn't. The game tomorrow should be a better indicator of whether the Hawkeyes are improving or if we have just been looking better because of the competition we have played the last few games.
Yeah, it took them double overtime to do it & we beat Drake by 26 and they only beat them by 5....

Did you see the competition we were playing early in the year?

Iowa is favored by 4.5

The more I'm looking at advanced stats the more I will be disappointed if we lose. They are a bad defensive team and even worse offensively. The closest comparison team we've played is UAB and UAB is actually rated better than them but I don't trust this team enough to predict a win.

We'll be underdogs to Michigan and Ohio State. I would take a split there especially because I don't think we can beat Michigan.

Don't disagree, we'll likely be dogs. I just think Iowa is gonna real off 7 straight before they go Maryland. Just my opinion.

If Iowa is interested is defending the 3 point shot all game, I like Iowa's chances.

Put Baer on their PG...you won't go wrong.

I like to think that Iowa is improving, and has some young developing talent, hopefully this game will support that thesis.

Latest posts