Hawkeyes Hoping Improved Play Continues Against Colorado

i also really want to see extended play with CM and JBo on floor together against an upgrade in competition. a nice trial run for the B1G.

Weird, 56 likes another teams player a lot. It's almost like he's not a fan of Iowa.

I've never even seen Colorado play so I don't like anyone a lot on their team. I looked at advanced stats this morning and it's pretty obvious Wright is their best player. He's a freshman at a position of need for us, in an area we should be able to recruit and didn't have blue bloods after him. I'm just asking why we didn't recruit him.

I've never even seen Colorado play so I don't like anyone a lot on their team. I looked at advanced stats this morning and it's pretty obvious Wright is their best player. He's a freshman at a position of need for us, in an area we should be able to recruit and didn't have blue bloods after him. I'm just asking why we didn't recruit him.

I bet Fran just missed him, probably never heard of him. He was sleepwalking and spiraling the program into the dirt at that time. It couldn't possibly be because he was committed to Dayton for a long time and switched to Colorado late in the game after Archie left for Indiana. Or the fact that Iowa was so full on scholarships that a top 150 kid was walking on.

I would like to have Fran offer a "flier scholarship" to a top 200 PG every year...until we have a PG or two...we don't need more of the Fran favorite longish players who like to shoot the three...

If he casts a wider net...there will be a fish or two...

Don't disagree, we'll likely be dogs. I just think Iowa is gonna real off 7 straight before they go Maryland. Just my opinion.

Looking at the schedule, I think if they can somehow win the next 5 (through @ Maryland) I will start thinking about tournament again. That is a long shot for sure.

On paper, we should pack the zone and pound the ball inside. Their point is fast and athletic and takes it to the hole. It will definitely be a test to see if our D has improved. If their point gets double digits in points and over 6 assists and doesn't turn the ball over we lose. I agree with the earlier poster, that this is a Big preview for Conner to see how he fits in the rotation. It's a big opportunity for Dailey as well.

On paper, we should pack the zone and pound the ball inside. Their point is fast and athletic and takes it to the hole. It will definitely be a test to see if our D has improved. If their point gets double digits in points and over 6 assists and doesn't turn the ball over we lose. I agree with the earlier poster, that this is a Big preview for Conner to see how he fits in the rotation. It's a big opportunity for Dailey as well.

we did play a lot of zone as we have indicated we should. it worked pretty well tonight. we didn't allow dribble penetration like we have in the past. i think we're gonna wind up being a zone team, especially, with JBo on the floor.

I would like to have Fran offer a "flier scholarship" to a top 200 PG every year...until we have a PG or two...we don't need more of the Fran favorite longish players who like to shoot the three...

If he casts a wider net...there will be a fish or two...

Long, slow at foot guys, have enough of those.

Latest posts