Hawkeyes Have Good Chance with NYC PG Christian Vital

Only six times in the last thirty-three seasons has Iowa won at least two-thirds of its conference games. Prior to last season it was only four times in thirty-one years. What are you complaining about? What Fran has done the last two years doesn't happen very often at Iowa.

Conferences change, more so now than ever with realignment. Not sure you can compare present day to 33 years ago. People are way too sensitive when questioning coaching.
We had a good season this year, but it all ended about the way we expected. If we had a good PG and Fran knew how to coach in late game situations and stop runs by calling timeouts we could have had a historic year. I can call a spade a spade without it being labeled as trolling or a Fran hater.

Conferences change, more so now than ever with realignment. Not sure you can compare present day to 33 years ago. People are way too sensitive when questioning coaching.
We had a good season this year, but it all ended about the way we expected. If we had a good PG and Fran knew how to coach in late game situations and stop runs by calling timeouts we could have had a historic year. I can call a spade a spade without it being labeled as trolling or a Fran hater.

Except you're not calling a spade a spade. You're calling a spade a hoe. You've got no idea what you're talking about.

You're wrong, going against the masses doesn't make me a troll. Sorry, I'd just like to have more success recruiting out of a small state that historically doesn't produce a ton of basketball talent. As for Washpun, he's always been an exceptional athlete and has a 43 inch vertical, I'd take that every time over a host of guys that we've offered or have/had on the team that aren't BIG athletes.

Yep, spoken like a true Clown fan. I mean I'd hate to have these Iowans over the last 6 years or the next couple years, they would never compete at a National level:

Harrison Barnes
Doug McDermott
Marcus Paige
Mike Gesell
Adam Woodbury
Jarod Uthoff
Josh Ogelsby
Peter Jok
Seth Tuttle
Wes Washpun
Matt Bohannon
Mike Jacobson
Cordel Pemsl
Jordan Bohannon
Ryan Kriener
Conner McCaffery
Joe Wieskamp
Patrick McCaffery

Of those D1 players listed which ones would you not want to have? Should we have passed on Gesell or Woody, both top 100 players in HS? Should Fran have let Ogelsby go to Illinois, or Minnesota or Arizona St as a top 125 kid in HS? Should Fran have said no to Urhoff, we don't want you coming in from Wisconsin. Should we have let Jok go out of state, he wasn't getting any looks from other P6 schools at all. You complained that we let Washpun go, and he was an in state kid who nobody outside of Q. Martin wanted. Yet now you are complaining that we get Iowa kids???? Should Fran let a top 100 kid in Conner go somewhere else? Maybe he should have passed on Wieskamp a top 50 kid, or Patrick who is a top 50 kid as well.

It isn't like Fran is reaching on a Brandon Cougill or some crap like that. I mean out of one side of your mouth you complain we didn't keep Washpun at home, and the other side that we don't get highly ranked out of state kids. Which is it do you want Iowa kids or not?

So yeah, I totally think you are a troll, because I REFUSE to believe that Iowa fans can be as stupid as you are being.

Except you're not calling a spade a spade. You're calling a spade a hoe. You've got no idea what you're talking about.

You're right, Fran is a great late game coach whether it be using timeouts, defensive adjustments, or drawing up plays at end of game situations. Also, most of our key players are out of state and didn't grow up as Iowa fans, especially at the PG situation.

You're right, Fran is a great late game coach whether it be using timeouts, defensive adjustments, or drawing up plays at end of game situations. Also, most of our key players are out of state and didn't grow up as Iowa fans, especially at the PG situation.

Hawk fan.....LOLOLOLOL.....It took like 20 posts to see through your trolling Clown azzzzzzz.....

Yep, spoken like a true Clown fan. I mean I'd hate to have these Iowans over the last 6 years or the next couple years, they would never compete at a National level:

Harrison Barnes
Doug McDermott
Marcus Paige
Mike Gesell
Adam Woodbury
Jarod Uthoff
Josh Ogelsby
Peter Jok
Seth Tuttle
Wes Washpun
Matt Bohannon
Mike Jacobson
Cordel Pemsl
Jordan Bohannon
Ryan Kriener
Conner McCaffery
Joe Wieskamp
Patrick McCaffery

Of those D1 players listed which ones would you not want to have? Should we have passed on Gesell or Woody, both top 100 players in HS? Should Fran have let Ogelsby go to Illinois, or Minnesota or Arizona St as a top 125 kid in HS? Should Fran have said no to Urhoff, we don't want you coming in from Wisconsin. Should we have let Jok go out of state, he wasn't getting any looks from other P6 schools at all. You complained that we let Washpun go, and he was an in state kid who nobody outside of Q. Martin wanted. Yet now you are complaining that we get Iowa kids???? Should Fran let a top 100 kid in Conner go somewhere else? Maybe he should have passed on Wieskamp a top 50 kid, or Patrick who is a top 50 kid as well.

It isn't like Fran is reaching on a Brandon Cougill or some crap like that. I mean out of one side of your mouth you complain we didn't keep Washpun at home, and the other side that we don't get highly ranked out of state kids. Which is it do you want Iowa kids or not?

So yeah, I totally think you are a troll, because I REFUSE to believe that Iowa fans can be as stupid as you are being.

I'd certainly choose a kid like Washpun over JO or either Bohannon because he's a BIG athlete, those 3 aren't. When did I say I wouldn't recruit in-state? I'm just not as impressed landing in-state kids who grew up dreaming of playing for Iowa and then landing kids like Ellingson, Dickerson, Meyer, Ingram etc.

Hawk fan.....LOLOLOLOL.....It took like 20 posts to see through your trolling Clown azzzzzzz.....

If you believe Fran and Iowa basketball can improve you're a clown fan and you're trolling. Got it. If you have thousands of posts to your name because you don't have a life you're an Iowa fan, and go by deanvogs. 10:4

I'd certainly choose a kid like Washpun over JO or either Bohannon because he's a BIG athlete, those 3 aren't. When did I say I wouldn't recruit in-state? I'm just not as impressed landing in-state kids who grew up dreaming of playing for Iowa and then landing kids like Ellingson, Dickerson, Meyer, Ingram etc.

LOL, so you would pick Washpun in hindsight, really, really bold BGOLD. I have tried to explain to you that Washpun had zero offers for a reason, heck even Ben took a pass on him out of HS. So yeah, lets point to the extreme outlier and try to use that as an example. Not only that but you are talking about a kid who was a .9 PPG scorer at Tenn, and a 7 and 8 PPG scorer at UNI. He had a great Sr. year, but come on here, you are acting like we missed on Ronnie Lester or something.

Why bash on Iowa kids who want to play for Iowa at all? You can say all you want that you are a Hawk fan, but you act like a Clown fan, not a Hawk fan.

If you believe Fran and Iowa basketball can improve you're a clown fan and you're trolling. Got it. If you have thousands of posts to your name because you don't have a life you're an Iowa fan, and go by deanvogs. 10:4

You aren't talking about Fran improving, you are BASHING what he has done to date. Taking the program from the bottom of the B1G to where they are now is a very good accomplishment. All you wanna do is bag on the Iowa kids coming in and say Fran can't land out of state kids (total Clown argument and logic).

As far as posting on the internet goes, it ain't very hard. Maybe you can't work a computer, maybe you can't multitask, maybe you are just dumber than a box of rocks. Either way I find plenty of time run my company, spend time with my wife, my child, our families and post on the internet.....I don't know, maybe I'm Superman. I mean I don't think so, I think I'm just a normal dude, but if that impresses you maybe it is a bigger accomplishment than I thought.

You make it obvious when you list all the names of the bad players and leave out the good ones. If Washpun ended up at Iowa, it would have been because Fran got lucky with a fallback recruit. Not because he could see into the future.

Yes the program is in much better shape, but was there an alternative? It couldn't have possibly gotten worse, and Lick is the only one who's taken the program to that level of despair so it wouldn't have stayed there either.
We fans can appreciate Fran for what he's done so far, and also question why in six years he's only landed one high profile recruit (Tyler Cook) out of the state of Iowa, and while he's still yet to land a good BIG 10 PG. Six years is an eternity for a head coach and yet we barely have a recruiting footprint out of the state.

"It couldn't have possibly gotten worse"???? Look 120 miles west. Drake had some real good seasons since Keno left, haven't they? Hint: the most they've won in a season since Davis left was 18 games and they are currently the MVC doormat. Yeah, it could have gotten a LOT worse.

Harrison Barnes
Doug McDermott
Marcus Paige
Mike Gesell
Adam Woodbury
Jarod Uthoff
Josh Ogelsby
Peter Jok
Seth Tuttle
Wes Washpun
Matt Bohannon
Mike Jacobson
Cordel Pemsl
Jordan Bohannon
Ryan Kriener
Conner McCaffery
Joe Wieskamp
Patrick McCaffery

It wasn't that long ago that there were more native Iowan's in the NBA than any other state.

Washpun during the recruiting period was an academic risk; it turned out that he was able to remain eligible all four years but based on his high school performance in the classroom and his test scores it was a risk to offer him a scholarship. JO was NEVER an academic risk.

OK.

We need to come up with a chart so I know what words to use in headlines.

So far, if I used "good chance" in a headline, we have a vote for that needing to be 50 percent chance or better.

We need percentages for

"OK Chance"

"Pretty Good Chance"

"Excellent Chance"

"Outstanding Chance"

"Slim Chance"

"Snowball's Chance in Hell"

Please. Weigh in. :)

"Hawkeyes have a legitimate chance to land quality guard."

It sounds like Fran has some recruits coming in that are going to bring a higher level of toughness. That sounds good to me.

Am I satisfied where the program is right now not including the new recruits I just mentioned ? Nope. If the new recruits don't pan out and we keep having melt down half way through the conference schedule then Fran needs to hit the road. I think with the new facilities we have and one of America's finest fan bases that there is no reason Fran can't be very successful. There is no excuses. If Fran can't have this thing strongly moving in the right direction within three more years then he shouldn't let the door hit him in the Azz. There!!!!! I said it!!!!

It sounds like Fran has some recruits coming in that are going to bring a higher level of toughness. That sounds good to me.

Am I satisfied where the program is right now not including the new recruits I just mentioned ? Nope. If the new recruits don't pan out and we keep having melt down half way through the conference schedule then Fran needs to hit the road. I think with the new facilities we have and one of America's finest fan bases that there is no reason Fran can't be very successful. There is no excuses. If Fran can't have this thing strongly moving in the right direction within three more years then he shouldn't let the door hit him in the Azz. There!!!!! I said it!!!!

So if you're not satisfied with where we are, what is good enough for you. You're talking about firing a coach after two 3rd place finishes is a row. There are maybe a handful of coaches out there that could guarantee that success and none of them are coming here. That means we would have to gamble on an unknown. Even if we found a relatively safe bet, is 12-6 conference records really worth the gamble?

"It couldn't have possibly gotten worse"???? Look 120 miles west. Drake had some real good seasons since Keno left, haven't they? Hint: the most they've won in a season since Davis left was 18 games and they are currently the MVC doormat. Yeah, it could have gotten a LOT worse.

I'm not comparing Iowa to a MVC team with just 4 total NCAA appearances, I'm comparing Iowa against its own history; and there's no way a coach could have done worse than Lick.

Hawk fans just have to be patient. Fran has a pretty sweet crop of talent coming down the pipeline. I think they'll be taking that step forward in the next 3 years. We're already in a position that the majority of Hawk fans who can manage to have some perspective are pretty damn pleased with. Taking another step forward will be in territory that Hawkeye basketball fans are rarely accustomed to seeing. There's absolutely zero reason to even mention Fran not being the guy at this point. If you do so then you're labeling yourself as a moron.

It wasn't that long ago that there were more native Iowan's in the NBA than any other state.

Really? Are you talking about on a per capita basis? I guess that's possible, but still would have liked to see those numbers. But on a raw total, there is no way the state of Iowa ever had more state natives on NBA rosters than other states.

Latest posts