Hawkeyes - Badgers game prediction

We have to be willing to give CJB a shot if our offense is stalling. It is undeniable that CJB takes the top off the defense better than Jake.

If we can't drive it down the field with our run/short/intermediate passing game (which I suspect will be struggle with against Wisconsin), we absolutely must be willing to run with CJB and see if we can hit Wisconsin over the top. We are going to need chunk plays, and we are going to need to prevent Wisconsin from playing a condensed defensive scheme.

31 - 28 Badgers. Wisconsin drives down the field with under 2 minutes left to kick a game winner. Completing the circle of life between 2010 and Saturday.

Iowa has to find a way to stay "up" all game...Will it take a miracle for Iowa to win? Yes, and sometimes miracles can come in many forms.....However, I just don't see the Hawks coming out on top in this game...I will predict Wisci 27, Iowa-13....I see Iowa holding their own for most of the game....inept offense will kill drives, just like last year....I guess when I say miracle it means no more than a 14 pt loss...

My heart wants to pick Iowa, but my head says it's something ugly like 45-10 Badgers.

Sorta surprised everyone thinks wisky will put up 40 pts? This is a classic letdown game, wisky is a different team on the road then at home. They scored 37 at a bad Rutgers and barely put up more points than we did against Purdue on the road. So now they score 40+ on Iowa on the road lol? I would like to think were better than those teams so for that reason I say Iowa wins 24-21 and seals it with a jlowder pick off Stave. Classic letdown game also, which does make a HUGE difference in this topsy turvy college season.

Sorta surprised everyone thinks wisky will put up 40 pts? This is a classic letdown game, wisky is a different team on the road then at home. They scored 37 at a bad Rutgers and barely put up more points than we did against Purdue on the road. So now they score 40+ on Iowa on the road lol? I would like to think were better than those teams so for that reason I say Iowa wins 24-21 and seals it with a jlowder pick off Stave. Classic letdown game also, which does make a HUGE difference in this topsy turvy college season.

I always love predictions threads especially those that provide an insight into how they get there.

So let me see if I'm following you. Since Wisconsin only beat (6-4) Rutgers 37-0 on the road and barely put up more points than we did (Note: Wisconsin scored 34 and Iowa scored 24) against Purdue on the road than your logic tells you Iowa wins 24-21. Guess that seems seems logical. :)

I predict Melvin is going to be tired after running up and down the field all day against Nebraska and the 1st half against Iowa. This is going to be our Ali/Foreman rope a dope moment for the taking.

Wisc 45, Iowa 33

But Iowa comes back and beats Neb on Black Friday. Finishes 8-4 and 5-3 and goes to Holiday Bowl.

I always love predictions threads especially those that provide an insight into how they get there.

So let me see if I'm following you. Since Wisconsin only beat (6-4) Rutgers 37-0 on the road and barely put up more points than we did (Note: Wisconsin scored 34 and Iowa scored 24) against Purdue on the road than your logic tells you Iowa wins 24-21. Guess that seems seems logical. :)

Yeah I have no idea how the game will go actually, I'm just saying wisky is ave 28 ppg in true road games and against fairly poor competition. Didn't realize Rutgers was 6-4 tho that's not too shabby.

Yeah I have no idea how the game will go actually, I'm just saying wisky is ave 28 ppg in true road games and against fairly poor competition. Didn't realize Rutgers was 6-4 tho that's not too shabby.

Now that is a really good stat Greenhawk 28 ppg in true road games. I was actually going to go look at that. Good Stuff, saved me some time. Appreciate it..

Now how do we get Iowa to 31 Points, that now becomes the goal.

Last edited:
I predict Melvin is going to be tired after running up and down the field all day against Nebraska and the 1st half against Iowa. This is going to be our Ali/Foreman rope a dope moment for the taking.

After only playing 3 quarters last week, I'm sure he'll struggle to find his legs as he won't be in game shape.

Wisconsin's offense:
Jet Sweep, counter trey. Jet sweep, Counter trey. Rinse and repeat until the score is:
Connie 45
Iowa 16

WI 50+
IA 21 (mop up scores)

save one game and one half (NW and 2nd half of Pitt), io was defense has done NOTHING to show it can stop a offense with a strong running game.

Luckilu NW and IL had QBs that were coming back from injury and rusty.

WI has a strong staff and program, they will have a strong game plan. Can you say same thing about us? We all point to last years OSU game as last time we had a legit scheme. And we still lost.

I Am done getting my hopes up with this staff and team. We are 9 games into the season, we are what we are. Average to below average.

We Talk about making WI pass the ball, but same could be said against MN, and their QB tore us apart.

Guess that's why they play the game. See what happens. Just gets old seeing some reactions. We get so high off of a hawk win, blocking out the rest of the season and evidence...that we crash hard the next week

I understand what you're saying. I know you are really just setting yourself up to not be disappointed, but inside, you will be disappointed if the Hawks can't pull it out. To me, these are the games that makes being a fan fun. I love the fact that no one gives us a chance! This is where the Hawks have many memorable games. I will be in Kinnick, yelling my head off to help this team pull of what will be a game to put in the book of great memories...

Iowa 31
Wisc 27

Go Hawks!

After struggling to get my black and gold glasses off I think the Hawks who for the most part play up/down to the competition open things up and play well in a close 27-24 victory. This is a homer pick but I do like playing at home with everything on the line. GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wisconsin 34
Iowa 21

I see a hard fought emotional game by the Hawks. Tied at halftime. In the second half the Iowa offense sputters and there is one special teams breakdown that turns the game in Bucky's favor.

Gordon proves too fast and elusive for a gassed Hawkeye defense and this one gets away from us.

Hope the Hawks prove me wrong and our offense shows up and controls the game.

Worst loss of the KFz era, (post 1999) mark it down.

I'd love nothing more than to be completely wrong...but I have bad vibe about this one.

Last edited:
I've yet to conjure up any scenario in which iowa can stop Melvin Gordon. I just keep thinking how the defense was shredded by tevaun Coleman, Cobb, and marylands QB. They will have no answer to MG3..

Wisconsin 38-13, iowa scores two field goals and one TD in the 4th quarter with CJB gets a series. I wish I had even one oz of optimism.