Hawkeye Fans: You SUCK!!

Yep. Unfortunately this is pretty true.

Basketball and football games used to be events when I was growing up. I still vividly remember not being able to sleep the night before my first Hawkeye football game (MSU 1985) because I was so excited.

Shit the last Hawkeye football game I went to in Kinnick I saw several kids on iPads and phones rather than watching the game. A lot more options for kids now than when I was growing up.
I vividly remember not being able to sleep the night AFTER that Michigan State game, but that was for a different reason. I was a college sophomore and my Hawks had just defended their #1 ranking and I hit a few bars and parties that night

Seen a couple comments on Twitter, one by Rob Howe, I believe about how great the atmosphere was last night. If that's true, it sure didn't come across on TV.

Agreed. There was never a time on TV when the atmosphere seemed even average. Very blah. But that could just be the TV production.

Already is. My boss has been sending me pictures from the bars and Smith’s Bay. He’s got a house on West and I guess his neighbor’s college kid already got his Bronco stuck trying to drive up the bank from the lake. It’s between two trees and from what I gather they don’t know how to get it out. I’m sure there’s no alcohol involved.

But there will probably be chainsaws involved.

lol... Jesus, it's gonna be a real shit show.

Iowa took 19 more shots than MSU (and missed them), and MSU had 17 more defensive rebounds, so they rebounded most of the extra shots. It really is that simple.

As far as mid range shots, that's really not the direction the game is going. I agree that making any shot is valuable, but looking at the numbers shows the value. If a player like Bohannon is shooting from three (.376 this year) better than two (.341), then an argument could be made that he should never shoot a two. Now, that's over simplistic because he should not turn down a layup, but the percentages show he is better off shooting overall from three, and the payoff is better.

Also, I know you have mentioned that shooting from 25 feet is harder than 20 feet for most players. However, for Jordan Bohannon to free himself, he probably needs that extra distance. It may not make much sense from a percentage standpoint, but that's really the only move in his arsenal at this point.
I don’t totally disagree with you, that wasn’t what I was getting at. I don’t rag too hard on the 2 PT shooting because the guy pretty much never shoots a 2. Small sample size.

As far as shooting deep, he doesn’t normally make that space himself. He just knee-jerk pulls up and launches it during a break. Never gives the play a chance to develop. Again, looks like a hero when he makes them because it’s a flashy crowd pleaser, but in my opinion his current 10 a game probably nets out at 5 or 6 because he creates negative points. Just my take and I know it’s not that simple.

I'm sure it was comparatively speaking...

right? Since he's in it for close to every game, a crowd like that every few years is probably a culture shock. Carver is toast, I don't think it can be saved. It's too bad but what'd ya gonna do?

What I have a difficult time understanding is, if you aren't excited at the game, get into it, why spend the time or money to go?

There is so much else to do, puzzled.

right? Since he's in it for close to every game, a crowd like that every few years is probably a culture shock. Carver is toast, I don't think it can be saved. It's too bad but what'd ya gonna do?
If they had the money, they could gut it and replace it with a better arena. They can play their games at the Coralville arena during construction.

If they had the money, they could gut it replace it with a better arena. They can play their games at the Coralville arena during construction.

I'm under the impression that Iowa is well off in the money department, and from what I understand, the AD is such a tremendous fundraiser that he keeps his job irregardless of any other part of the job he mucks up.

If they had the money, they could gut it and replace it with a better arena. They can play their games at the Coralville arena during construction.
We can knock down Brent Feller’s “gated community” south of Kinnick and put up a modernized replica of the Fieldhouse in it’s place. We’ll call it “Chris Street Court” and the building itself just “The Fieldhouse”

Without a change in the behavior of the fan base, the arena they dont show up to or show up and snooze at makes no difference. It's the people, not the building.

I vividly remember not being able to sleep the night AFTER that Michigan State game, but that was for a different reason. I was a college sophomore and my Hawks had just defended their #1 ranking and I hit a few bars and parties that night

Ha! The only thing I got to do after the game was walk on the astroturf field with my Dad. It was like walking on green cement. I can't believe players from that era could play on that stuff.

Without a change in the behavior of the fan base, the arena they dont show up to or show up and snooze at makes no difference. It's the people, not the building.
Nobody here is under the impression that CHA is going away. No one.

This whole board is just a bunch of dumb talk for amusement. Don’t take it serious.

I am not giving them an F either, C perhaps, they tried, put up a good fight, but were over-matched in talent and coaching. Worn down, capitulation, over.

no capitulation by iowa. i just re-watched the 2nd half. between the 8:22 (iowa down 11) and 5:35 (iowa down 14) marks of the game, iowa forced msu into 2 shot clock violations . in the last 6:30 of the game, iowa was only outscored 11-8.

so no, i don't see any give up or capitulation. they missed a lot of shots and had some dumb turnovers and kriener needs to understand that when he's coming off the bench, if he picks up quick fouls in the 1st half that send him to the bench, he's not only screwing himself over, but potentially garza (stamina) as well. i wouldn't be surprised if garza had to sleep most of today. he was gassed.

no capitulation by iowa. i just re-watched the 2nd half. between the 8:22 (iowa down 11) and 5:35 (iowa down 14) marks of the game, iowa forced msu into 2 shot clock violations . in the last 6:30 of the game, iowa was only outscored 11-8.

so no, i don't see any give up or capitulation. they missed a lot of shots and had some dumb turnovers and kriener needs to understand that when he's coming off the bench, if he picks up quick fouls in the 1st half that send him to the bench, he's not only screwing himself over, but potentially garza (stamina) as well. i wouldn't be surprised if garza had to sleep most of today. he was gassed.
You sound like a buyer of Fran ball. Hopefully it is so.

Latest posts