Hawkeye Fans: You SUCK!!

1hawkeye1

What a pathetic showing by the Iowa crowd. No energy even though packed house. A few roars after Iowa makes, but other than that, crickets. People getting up and leaving with 4:00 left.
Some folks tried to get on their feet and get some energy going, and the rest of the blue haired front row crowd just scowled at them and sat on their hands.
Maybe it was just me, but I thought it was very very noticeable. Awful look for any recruits watching.

What a pathetic showing by the Iowa crowd. No energy even though packed house. A few roars after Iowa makes, but other than that, crickets. People getting up and leaving with 4:00 left.
Some folks tried to get on their feet and get some energy going, and the rest of the blue haired front row crowd just scowled at them and sat on their hands.
Maybe it was just me, but I thought it was very very noticeable. Awful look for any recruits watching.

Were you there? If not do you suck?

Been mentioned and noticed many times over the last 30 years at HCA. Move the old people to the top row seats so they dont have to strain themselves walking up the stairs after the game or when they leave early. I am old but I yell myself crazy when I see a game there and I am old

u7yRVhV.gif

Why Gretchen, I just don't understand why all these young kids come to these games anyway....can't enjoy it by justing sitting back and relaxing. I conquer Betty.

The venue sucks and the student body sucks

Today's University of Iowa is like 60% kids from Chicago who have zero loyalty to the hawkeyes and didn't grow up as Hawkeye fans.

People want barta to move the students to the sidelines and I ask....why? What have the students shown to even deserve that

Meh I didnt think they played badly. MSU shot lights out 2nd half. They are a final four team
When a team comes to your building and starts draining uncontested 3 pointers at will, and flushes you down the toilet, someone has to step up and knock a couple of those shooters on their ass, just to show you aren't going to put up with it, and to let them know they will pay a price if they keep it up.

Iowa crawled in the corner and let it happen. Losers do that. Soft ones.

I thought considering where this team was a year ago, how the weather was, the crowd was pretty good. 6 oclock start time was silly too.

And since it was so cold apparently the employees paid to direct traffic left early. I was stuck in parking lot north of kinnick for 40 minutes post game...

Today's University of Iowa is like 60% kids from Chicago who have zero loyalty to the hawkeyes and didn't grow up as Hawkeye fans
This is big time true.

I have several friends with kids who went to or are now attending in Iowa City. I'll sometimes flip them shit about the student sections at FB and BB games being weak sauce, and their responses are surprisingly similar. And don't shoot the messenger because this is purely anecdotal.

1) They say that "just about everyone" is from the Chicago metro or a grad student from who knows what country or state, and they're either indifferent or they have loyalty to some other team.

2) They say that the majority of students are lukewarm about sports, and they definitely don't care about it enough to attend when the weather is shitty or there is something else going on downtown, Fortnite, etc.

Guys, whether we like it or not, none of these kids in school right now has experienced much of any success by Iowa sports in their lifetimes, and definitely no sustained success. I'd venture to say that most of us here are between 35-65 years old. We grew up seeing what Hayden Fry, Dan Gable, and Tom Davis did. We saw teams brought back from the dead, we grew up in an era where Iowa missing the NCAA was the exception rather than the rule, and we saw wrestling when it was the single most successful sports team on the planet, bar none.

The kids there now have seen none of that. Zero, zip, bupkis. Incoming freshmen were born smack dab in the middle of Alford's tenure followed by Todd Shitliter...you think their folks were bouncing them on their knees cheering for the Hawks on TV and turning them into fans? F no they weren't. Our parents did, but there's been nothing to cheer for in the past couple decades other than a .590 - .600 winning percentage.

Let's face it people, in the last 25 years we've been pretty irrelevant as college sports goes, and these kids really didn't grow up with a whole lot to get excited about. You think the student sections were rockin' when Sharm Sheuerman or Ray Nagel were coaching?

Get real.

Last edited:

Latest posts