Hampton's updated Facebook status = not good!

I've been gone all weekend...can anyone enlighten me on the rumor mill? Without risking a ban hammer, I mean...

It's pretty much a bunch of people saying it's really really really bad, or, I hope what I heard isn't true, or that the sky is falling...but no details. I'm not sure why a person would even bother with such posts.

It's pretty much a bunch of people saying it's really really really bad, or, I hope what I heard isn't true, or that the sky is falling...but no details. I'm not sure why a person would even bother with such posts.

Thanks AYIG...I think I'll put my meltdown on hold til we get actual info!

This is going to get ugly. Ferentz needs to make a statement and that statement needs to be Okeefe being the scapegoat. Recruits are not coming to play for this incompetent offensive coordinator. I am tired of his play calling and this dead man intensity on the sideline. Honestly if you were a good recruit and you played a skill position other than TE would you come here? I would not. Don't blame French one bit.

This is going to get ugly. Ferentz needs to make a statement and that statement needs to be Okeefe being the scapegoat. Recruits are not coming to play for this incompetent offensive coordinator. I am tired of his play calling and this dead man intensity on the sideline. Honestly if you were a good recruit and you played a skill position other than TE would you come here? I would not. Don't blame French one bit.

Whao .. I agree , but isn't this like killing the cat because the dog messed the carpet?

just opinion, not repeating anything, but at some point don't we give first time offenders a suspension first, before dismissing them from the team? Obvious DJK gone cause only one game left.

Feels like Iowa football is becoming the Miami U of the midwest? Drugs, sex scandals, poor academics... minus the national titles.

If you check out the photos from today's practice you see that there are none of A-Rob or Hampton. I know Hampton is recovering from an injury so that doesn't mean much there but I would have thought A-Rob would have been practicing. Take that for what it's worth... We'll see eventually.

It's as if people are forgetting the shot Robinson took at the end of the Ohio State game.

This probably isn't the best comparison, but Twins fans here will know what I'm talking about. In a mid-season game, Justin Mornaeu got kneed in the head while he was sliding into second base, and he got a concussion. He didn't play again the rest of the year.

It is entirely possible that A-Robs concussion was (and is) severe enough to keep him out of the bowl game.

It's as if people are forgetting the shot Robinson took at the end of the Ohio State game.

This probably isn't the best comparison, but Twins fans here will know what I'm talking about. In a mid-season game, Justin Mornaeu got kneed in the head while he was sliding into second base, and he got a concussion. He didn't play again the rest of the year.

It is entirely possible that A-Robs concussion was (and is) severe enough to keep him out of the bowl game.

Don't I know it. I held out on Morneau for WAY too long on my fantasy team :mad:

I was standing on the field when he was helped off the field after the game...15 minutes after he got hit..he was still shaking cobwebs out of his head. I wondered then if they might shut him down the rest of the year

If you check out the photos from today's practice you see that there are none of A-Rob or Hampton. I know Hampton is recovering from an injury so that doesn't mean much there but I would have thought A-Rob would have been practicing. Take that for what it's worth... We'll see eventually.

I didn't see McNutt in any of the pictures either.

Xerxes, a good number of WR's too through the years for various reasons. Jhante Jones, Cleveland, Bowman, Douglas..those quickly come to mind

Good point. Didn't think of that.

Now that I think about it, I can understand a WR looking elsewhere because Iowa isn't a pass first offense.

RBs on the other hand, if you're good, you're going to get the ball a lot.

Oh well, different day, same news.

Latest posts