Hair is unemployed

If I had to bet, I'd guess Eric Musselman will be their man. If not UCLA, he'll most likely head somewhere else. His Nevada team is made up of mostly seniors so there should be a huge drop off for that program next year. He has NBA ties having been an assistant at several stops including stints as the head man for Golden State and Sacramento. Not to mention a year as the Lakers' former D League LA Defenders which is now their G League affiliate, the South Bay Lakers. It just makes sense if he's interested in that job.

I have a life-long buddy of mine who watched the Liberty game @ Pauley in person.

I texted him to be sure to hold on to the program I'm sure he bought as he saw Fraud's last game as a coach at a major university.

If I had to bet, I'd guess Eric Musselman will be their man. If not UCLA, he'll most likely head somewhere else. His Nevada team is made up of mostly seniors so there should be a huge drop off for that program next year. He has NBA ties having been an assistant at several stops including stints as the head man for Golden State and Sacramento. Not to mention a year as the Lakers' former D League LA Defenders which is now their G League affiliate, the South Bay Lakers. It just makes sense if he's interested in that job.

From ESPN:

UCLA could go a number of ways in its search for Alford's replacement, with former Chicago Bulls and Iowa State coach Fred Hoiberg, TCU coach Jamie Dixon and former Phoenix Suns coach and UCLA alum Earl Watson among the likely candidates, multiple sources told ESPN.

Oklahoma City coach Billy Donovan and Nevada coach Eric Musselman have also been mentioned in connection with the job in the past.

Wow. 4 game losing streak and had 24 turnovers against Liberty. The writing was on the wall. He apparently lost his team.

This from an article. https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...meltdown-continues-with-blowout-loss-at-home/

Seriously, top 50 recruits at 5 positions!!

"The Bruins simply are not clicking, and talent is not the issue. Their most-used lineup over the last five games, according to KenPom, features top-50 recruits at every single position-- from point guard Jaylen Hands, to center Moses Brown, a former five-star recruit and fabulous freshman. The parts are good. The sum of the parts, however, has been abysmal."

We can celebrate this all we want but the jokes on us as Alford is laughing his way all the way to the bank. He has managed to weasel his way into getting paid big money to do a job he had no business doing. Now he can ride off into the sunset rich and will never have to work again.

Kudos to Alford, he's made his money now he needs to go away.

We can celebrate this all we want but the jokes on us as Alford is laughing his way all the way to the bank. He has managed to weasel his way into getting paid big money to do a job he had no business doing. Now he can ride off into the sunset rich and will never have to work again.

He's been livin in LA for awhile. You know his wife has been spending all his $. He'll pop again somewhere I'm sure. If Pitino is coaching over seas then Alford will have a new gig somewhere next yr

He's been livin in LA for awhile. You know his wife has been spending all his $. He'll pop again somewhere I'm sure. If Pitino is coaching over seas then Alford will have a new gig somewhere next yr
Alfraud will have a gig at a mid major program, next season. Right where he belongs. And there's no shame in being a mid major coach. The shame is being a mid major coach with a blue blood ego.

I don't care how much money he has. His ego is the thing that needed to suffer this hit. Should be interesting to hear the Dakich/Davis duo try and defend the Fraud on this one.

Maybe he'll land a job as an analyst/commentator for the Big 10 Network. Wouldn't we all love that?
He'll team up with Dackitch on his radio show the rest of this year then do something like that if he can't get a HC coaching gig he's up for

giphy.gif

Hmmm...fired at midseason. Who would be available to step in now. Mr. Hoiberg that's who. Can you imagine Fred in LA? He would have the top players in LA lining up to play for him and his style. Guys shine in that offense and he gives you freedom to use your skills.

From ESPN:

UCLA could go a number of ways in its search for Alford's replacement, with former Chicago Bulls and Iowa State coach Fred Hoiberg, TCU coach Jamie Dixon and former Phoenix Suns coach and UCLA alum Earl Watson among the likely candidates, multiple sources told ESPN.

Oklahoma City coach Billy Donovan and Nevada coach Eric Musselman have also been mentioned in connection with the job in the past.

There is no way any of this is true. If LaVar Ball is not listed as a candidate, I wouldn't trust the source.

Hmmm...fired at midseason. Who would be available to step in now. Mr. Hoiberg that's who. Can you imagine Fred in LA? He would have the top players in LA lining up to play for him and his style. Guys shine in that offense and he gives you freedom to use your skills.
Fred would have to have a defensive coach on his staff but yeah, he'd do really well in L.A. The recruiting takes care of itself and it's the part he likes the least.

Alfraud will have a gig at a mid major program, next season. Right where he belongs. And there's no shame in being a mid major coach. The shame is being a mid major coach with a blue blood ego.

Yep. Greg McDermott with a huge ego. In fact, it is easier for him to get kids to do what he wants at a mid major level than it is at a power 6 school.

From ESPN:

Interesting.

Not sure if Fred wants back into college but I guess throwing the UCLA name out there could help limit the recruiting miles. I can't see Dixon leaving his alma mater after bolting from Pitt where he was making more than Alford was at UCLA but maybe he has legit interest in LA for the right price.

Watson and Musselman make sense, Donovan is a pipe dream.

Latest posts