Hair is unemployed

We can celebrate this all we want but the jokes on us as Alford is laughing his way all the way to the bank. He has managed to weasel his way into getting paid big money to do a job he had no business doing. Now he can ride off into the sunset rich and will never have to work again.

Kudos to Alford, he's made his money now he needs to go away.

It was after his 2nd season at Iowa where he had just won 23 games, he went to Bumbling Bob Bowlsby and his agent demanded a YUUUUGE contract, despite having a losing conference record. He got it. When I read that in the paper I got a sinking feeling. I understood that day where the bar was for excellence at Iowa. It had been lowered, substantially. I was hoping it would be restored when Bob exited. I was wrong. :(

Last edited:
I have a life-long buddy of mine who watched the Liberty game @ Pauley in person.

I texted him to be sure to hold on to the program I'm sure he bought as he saw Fraud's last game as a coach at a major university.
Alford to Indiana State, he isn't done.

It was after his 2nd season at Iowa where he had just won 23 games, he went to Bumbling Bob Bowlsby and his agent demanded a YUUUUGE contract, despite having a losing conference record that year. He got it. When I read that in the paper I got a sinking feeling. I understood that day where the bar was for excellence at Iowa. It had been lowered, substantially. I was hoping it would be restored when Bob exited. I was wrong. :(
The only truly amazing part of Alfraud's exit is that he couldn't fool Gutless Gary into paying for his FF trip/cell phone bill after he already took the NM job. He tried, though. Lol.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba.../steve-alford-doomed-lack-self-awareness-ucla

So after the game, I asked Alford how he was handling criticism from the program's supporters.

"There's no issue with that with me," Alford said. "I just do my job as well as I possibly can, and that's what I do every day. I'm a man of God, so I've got an audience of one. ... And at the end of the day, if I know that I've prepared and worked hard, then that's what matters to me."

TV has treated post-UCLA Steve Lavin quite well.

Don't forget St John's Steve Lavin too. :)

Steve-Lavin-St.-John-s-Storm.jpg

I don't care how much money he has. His ego is the thing that needed to suffer this hit. Should be interesting to hear the Dakich/Davis duo try and defend the Fraud on this one.

Absolutely, no question about it. But he's a terrible coach and I have to tip my hat to someone who's weaseled his way into getting paid millions doing a job that he had no business doing.

From ESPN:

UCLA could go a number of ways in its search for Alford's replacement, with former Chicago Bulls and Iowa State coach Fred Hoiberg, TCU coach Jamie Dixon and former Phoenix Suns coach and UCLA alum Earl Watson among the likely candidates, multiple sources told ESPN.

Oklahoma City coach Billy Donovan and Nevada coach Eric Musselman have also been mentioned in connection with the job in the past.

What no Fran on that list??? What an AD that has expectations for their head coaches????

Aside from Stevie losing his job this episode brings to light the fact that even with all that talent no one's been able to come close to the Wizzard's success. To me it speaks volumes about not only Alford's lack of coaching ability but the story about how Wooden was propped up by less than honorable men supporting the Bruin program.

We can celebrate this all we want but the jokes on us as Alford is laughing his way all the way to the bank. He has managed to weasel his way into getting paid big money to do a job he had no business doing. Now he can ride off into the sunset rich and will never have to work again.

Kudos to Alford, he's made his money now he needs to go away.

The University of riding on my college laurels has an opening

Latest posts