Hair is unemployed

% of Iowa fans who feel empathy for Steve Alford's firing?

% of Alford's former players at Iowa who feel empathy for Steve Alford's firing?

% of Iowa's press corps who feel empathy for Steve Alford's firing?

% of Hawkeyeforum members who feel empathy for Steve Alford's firing?

% of UCLA fans who feel empathy for Steve Alford's firing?

% of various Iowa forum moderators who feel empathy for Steve Alford's firing?

That feels so good!
giphy.gif

"If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, we did it. If anything goes really good, you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games for you" - Bear Bryant
This is the lesson that Alfraud never bothered to learn. He reacts completely opposite to this saying. That makes him insufferable to almost everyone.

"If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, we did it. If anything goes really good, you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games for you" - Bear Bryant
This is the lesson that Alfraud never bothered to learn. He reacts completely opposite to this saying. That makes him insufferable to almost everyone.

Very true but I also can't recall Fran ever taking the blame when things have gone wrong. Maybe he has, I just don't remember any times.

UCLA is now 2-0 since they fired Alford. They go from losing to the likes of Belmont and Liberty to clobbering Stanford and Cal by a combined 37 points.

UCLA is now 2-0 since they fired Alford. They go from losing to the likes of Belmont and Liberty to clobbering Stanford and Cal by a combined 37 points.

RPI rankings ... :)

Stanford (7-6) = 131
California (5-9) = 200
Belmont (9-3) = 55
Liberty (9-4) = 109

hat his first time he ever been fired?
Good question.

Manchester--no.
SW Mo State--no.
Iowa--not officially, but he saw the writing and bolted.
NM St--no.
UCLA--yes.

I lived approximately 15 miles from his home town of New Castle when he was a high school senior and his first two years at Indiana. The Chrysler arena held 9300 fans, astounding considering the town is only 17.3K in population. He owned the town, the state, the game and pretty much anything he wanted.

He truly wanted to use Iowa as a stepping stone to go back to Indiana. I don't think he even got an interview.

Latest posts