Guest picker for Gameday in Ames?

It's going to be the owner of Hickory Park! Shit, the way the people in Ames talk about that place, you'd think it was the greatest restaurant on planet earth.

I envision pro-typical clown fan eating at this place....just like Cousin Eddy.

maxresdefault.jpg

Imagine a school and town so lame that gameday or even the fans can’t find one single popular celebrity or sports star to guest pick for your school.

I'm sure for college students or early 20-somethings Hickory Park is a great restaurant. But once you get out and see a bit more of the world (outside Ames) you quickly realize it's mass-produced pseudo-BBQ that fills the void of hunger but would have trouble winning even a BBQ cook-off in Story County.

Hmmm. There aren't any actual celebrities tied to ISU. I wouldn't be surprised if they went with Dan McCarney.

Alan Turing has no relation to Iowa State.

No? I guess I just got mixed up since both Turing and ISU are mentioned in that conversation of the origins of the digital computer, I thought he had passed through at some point. Turns out, Cambridge then Princeton. Thanks for the clarification.

I'm talking about it 100% will not be Jamie Pollord.
Do you work for espn or the clowns or something? Not sure how exactly you would know. I don’t think the host school picks the person but I do think they are involved and with a lack of good options and many options would be turned down by the clowns due to known Iowa ties or allegiance, I could see him weaseling in simply by default. A complete fail? Obviously, but what else is new? There’s a reason why they haven’t been to that pasture before

Dan Gable is the best and most obvious choice

Representing both schools

However, he does not seem to have a thirst for the limelight these days

gablekurdelmeier.jpg

Do you work for espn or the clowns or something? Not sure how exactly you would know. I don’t think the host school picks the person but I do think they are involved and with a lack of good options and many options would be turned down by the clowns due to known Iowa ties or allegiance, I could see him weaseling in simply by default. A complete fail? Obviously, but what else is new? There’s a reason why they haven’t been to that pasture before

Common sense and the format of the show is how I know.

I'll list out all the other hosting AD's who have picked on gameday below:

<EOM>

Best I can tell it's gonna be the Busch Light guy. Now don't get me wrong, I don't mind having a few blue yummies now and again, but I'd also hope that my proud University had something as a better option which the clones do not.

Latest posts