Gregg Doyel Blasts Iowa Football

He basically says that Doyle (strength coach) doesn't know what he's doing. What a Jacka**. Doyle's well respected throughout the football world and has done wonders with the program at Iowa.

One of the all-time dumbest things I've read. Don't bother clicking over-- there's no new information and absolutely zero reporting. He's just riffing on the same limited set of information we all have, and I'm sure it's just an attempt to drive traffic. He thinks someone should be fired-- he's not sure who, and not sure why, but he knows that somebody should be. Do yourself a favor and skip it.

This clown is pathetic. A nobody trying to garner some attention. Good luck with that Greggie.

That was disgusting. He has nearly no facts to base that article on, yet he calls for multiple people to lose their jobs (including possibly Ferentz). It must suck to be a ******.

Attention? Yes. However I'm sure Kirk will now have to allocate time from recruiting to assure parents of both current and possible players that his coaching staff is not trying to kill their kids. It's days like today that it would suck being Kirk.

You guys do realize that it is not normal for 12 athletes to have to go to the hospital following a workout, no matter how intense, right?

I don't think Doyle or anyone needs to be fired, but there should certainly be a university investigation into this matter and I am surprised by how casually most people are taking this.

This is silly. i love how everyone automatically assumes that all 12 were on there death bed.

It's a total opinion piece and Gregg Doyel's opinion is extreme and reactionary.

The only thing I do agree with him on is that when this all sorts out, someone might be fired. Most likely one of the S & C staff. Hopefully not the head man himself.

I haven't read all of the info regarding this topic, or all of the posts, etc. But from my understanding, this was a virus, not so much a result of an overwhelming workout.

I guess if the workout is in question, then they may want to review how beneficial/detrimental this workout can be, and handle it accordingly. You never want to see someone get seriously hurt or die from a workout, but this is big time college football, and these guys are big time athletes. They need to work hard, but safely.

Latest posts