GREG STEPHEN HAS ADMITTED TO FILMING PLAYERS NAKED

Not sure how the Amateur Athletic Union can be held responsible for this POS's actions. I guess we'll see. The Barnstormers on the other hand.....are finished.

Because the us zero chance they followed protycols or had them and zero that someone didnt know. Zero.

Because the us zero chance they followed protycols or had them and zero that someone didnt know. Zero.
I guarantee you that other coaches on the Barnstormers heard rumblings. I know some parents openly shared the "don't leave your kid alone with Greg" sentiment. I had some parents tell me that much, after this all came out. I'm not at all sure how the people at AAU would know these things. They are a membership organization. It's not like they actively police their members.

I guarantee you that other coaches on the Barnstormers heard rumblings. I know some parents openly shared the "don't leave your kid alone with Greg" sentiment. I had some parents tell me that much, after this all came out. I'm not at all sure how the people at AAU would know these things. They are a membership organization. It's not like they actively police their members.

If parents knew enough to have this concern, why did they in fact leave their kids with him?

If parents knew enough to have this concern, why did they in fact leave their kids with him?
This is a great question. These are parents I met through a different program, so maybe they were smart enough to put their kids somewhere else. I don't have any real inside info on it. Just stuff I heard when the arrest occurred. I do know that taking a kid to a weekend tournament and letting him stay in your hotel room, is a non starter for every coach I know. The only time I let a player stay in my room was when his parents had a situation and had to leave the tournament early. My wife and son were also staying in the room, so I didn't have to worry about rumors/false allegations, etc.

One of our eighth graders did play for him. His parents antennas were twitching enough that they declined the invitation to the Chicago Bulls game where some of the hotel room issues occurred. There's been some breakdowns in private moments, some tears, mostly between the wives and mother's. Mostly, a lot to interpret between the lines. I'm pretty sure he was one of the 400 kids on Stephen's database and that Stephen was trying to pose as a teenage girl to him on social media.

This is a great question. These are parents I met through a different program, so maybe they were smart enough to put their kids somewhere else. I don't have any real inside info on it. Just stuff I heard when the arrest occurred. I do know that taking a kid to a weekend tournament and letting him stay in your hotel room, is a non starter for every coach I know. The only time I let a player stay in my room was when his parents had a situation and had to leave the tournament early. My wife and son were also staying in the room, so I didn't have to worry about rumors/false allegations, etc.

We heard about a case with Larry Nassar in which he abused girls in the training room while their mothers were present. I can't imagine how these parents must feel now that the truth it known.

For those wondering why Tweets were deleted in this thread, the Barnstormers program reached out to me and said what Lightning was posting was inaccurate. Lightning then deleted his posts calling our the Barnstormers' coach. I have deleted the rest of the posts on the subject

For those wondering why Tweets were deleted in this thread, the Barnstormers program reached out to me and said what Lightning was posting was inaccurate. Lightning then deleted his posts calling our the Barnstormers' coach. I have deleted the rest of the posts on the subject
Sorry. Didn’t intend to start any drama.

That is not why I deleted my comments. Thanks.

and why the hell didn't they speak up to help other parents and families.

The silver lining in this, if you can look at it that way...he didn't physically abuse any of the kids. Thank god for that much.

and why the hell didn't they speak up to help other parents and families.

The silver lining in this, if you can look at it that way...he didn't physically abuse any of the kids. Thank god for that much.

Yes he did there is one report I saw. Also what the could get him on doesnt cover all possible outcomes. I dont think the impact on the kids would be dif whether he did or didnt.

All that said can about guarantee you he did and a lot.

Unfortunately he did. He had one of his players in a hotel bed with him while he was playing with himself.