Greg Davis to resign at end of year

They should announce it at the game--that might make Iowa fans feel better about the blowout that will happen.

Please please please please please please be true! It could only be better if Phil Parker steps down as well.

Whether KF gave him the option to resign or be fired, this does not reflect well on his judgment. Bring in an old dude nobody else wanted and he literally destroys the offense and the year. Then quits because he really wasn't into it. You don't say? He should return whatever ridiculous amount of money he was paid as well. Same goes for KF.

Whether KF gave him the option to resign or be fired, this does not reflect well on his judgment. Bring in an old dude nobody else wanted and he literally destroys the offense and the year. Then quits because he really wasn't into it. You don't say? He should return whatever ridiculous amount of money he was paid as well. Same goes for KF.

Agreed that it does not reflect well on KF's judgment. I actually wonder if Davis leaves that it will be of his choice and not a resign-or-you're-fired scenario.

Davis' offense had worked at Texas but it is now apparent that it won't work with inexperienced MAC level talent at Iowa. (And probably not with experienced MAC level talent either)

I wonder if Davis sees that Iowa will never or anytime soon get the talent needed to run his offense. So much for the preseason statements of adapting to the players he has. It seems that Davis may pull the chord so as not to further tarnish his silver.

Hahahaha...Ok now I get it. Kirk couldn't get anyone he wanted so Davis was brought in for one year. The backup qbs were never taught this horrible offense as to not cloud their mind with something they won't need. Kirk tells JVB and the receivers "No, we don't have set routes, just go out there and read the defense and react." Kirk then crosses fingers hoping JVB doesn't get hurt so he doesn't have to put Rudock in who hasn't learned the offense.

Hearing lots of rumblings from those i know close to the program that Davis will be resigning at the end of the year. From what I've heard, he realized fairly early on that he didnt have the passion he needed to do the job.

Take it for what its worth.

If true it is hard to see it mattering much. With KF in charge he is only going to allow so much in the way of moderinizing the offense. If I remember correctly, we were told something along the lines of the offense was Greg Davis within the philosophies of KF.

KF has been a great representative of the university until recently with his short temper in press conferences. He seems pretty testy. Today's college game is beyond this program with no signs of the Hawks catching up any time soon. And that goes for both sides of the ball.

I heard or read that GD is only making 100,000 this year which sort of sounds like caretaker money. But why does Iowa have to be forced into hiring a caretaker?

If true it is hard to see it mattering much. With KF in charge he is only going to allow so much in the way of moderinizing the offense. If I remember correctly, we were told something along the lines of the offense was Greg Davis within the philosophies of KF.

KF has been a great representative of the university until recently with his short temper in press conferences. He seems pretty testy. Today's college game is beyond this program with no signs of the Hawks catching up any time soon. And that goes for both sides of the ball.

This. Davis is out? Great. Unfortunately, I don't really care as much as I wish I did because it's just gonna be the same situation with the next guy.

If true I would bank on the next OC being hired from within. I have a hard time seeing any decent offensive coach coming here to be forced to play things close to the vest.

Three OC's in three years. That will set any program back and really goes against the familiarity and continuity KF loves to have with his staff.

yeah, GD's offenses at TX were terrible. only 1 year in 12 seasons it was not a top 30 ranked offense and just the 2nd time outside the top 15, boy Iowa couldn't use that type of Offensive production,, after having a offense rated 83rd or worse under KOK, including 103RD with Banks at QB..
so who you going to run off next year, if he does not meet YOUR DEMANDS?

Unfortunately, we're prob gonna have 2 more years of this mediocre krap until we can afford the buyout.

Plus, if either received 401k matching, that should be returned. And their dental and health insurance claims should be reversed, as well. Their performance is undeserving of a $30 co-pay. And they should have to give back the candy they got at the Halloween party.

yeah, GD's offenses at TX were terrible. only 1 year in 12 seasons it was not a top 30 ranked offense and just the 2nd time outside the top 15, boy Iowa couldn't use that type of Offensive production,, after having a offense rated 83rd or worse under KOK, including 103RD with Banks at QB..
so who you going to run off next year, if he does not meet YOUR DEMANDS?

What are you talking about? The Iowa offense in 02 with Banks at QB was 13th in total offense and 7th in scoring.

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2002&div=4&site=org

I have only one thing to say to Gerg Derpvis:

tumblr_lm2wv1mFGr1qfc9t2.gif

Latest posts