Greg Davis ready for payback against ISU

JugadorHawk

On October 23rd 2010, Offensive Coordinator, Greg Davis sealed his fate as a Texas Longhorn. Iowa State University waltzed into Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium and and defeated the heavily favored and 19th-ranked Longhorns 28-21, their first ever over the historic program. This was the same Cyclone team that surrendered a combined 120 points the previous two weeks against Utah and Oklahoma, but somehow found themselves ahead of Texas 28-6 after three quarters.

Both teams wound up winning only five games in 2010 however that was to be expected for the traditionally moribund program in Ames, but not for the powerhouse located in Austin. Greg Davis took the majority of criticism throughout Texas' seven losses that season among it's prideful fan base, none more embarrassing than the loss at home to ISU. He subsequently resigned on December 6th.

Davis used his one year hiatus from coordinating offenses to touring various programs across the country, including Iowa State's. After being named Iowa's Offensive Coordinator, it's fair to assume that he's looking forward to this coming weekend's rivalry game against the Cyclones. Davis' first shot at redemption since that unfortunate Saturday in October 2010.

Last edited:
I really hate Greg Davis.

I wish Cyclone fans would remember this "Both teams wound up winning only five games" when they talk up all the things ISU has accomplished in the past few seasons. Beating a 5 win team isn't impressive.

Sorry, OP, but our caliber of athlete is far superior to the guys Davis had in Austin. If he doesn't put up at least 40 (O'Keefe did last year) I will start an online petition to have him fired. I mean it, nothing will shake things up like a firmly worded online petition.

At Texas, you lose once to ISU and someone must be fired immediately.
At Iowa, you lose about every other time you play ISU, and keep your job for 13 years.

At Texas, you lose once to ISU and someone must be fired immediately.
At Iowa, you lose about every other time you play ISU, and keep your job for 13 years.

Im suprised the whole staff didnt get canned. A 5 win season for Texas is unheardof.

I think it was a huge deal at the time for ISU because Texas was still ranked. Obviously as the year ended up, then win became less and less monumental.

I really hate Greg Davis.

I wish Cyclone fans would remember this "Both teams wound up winning only five games" when they talk up all the things ISU has accomplished in the past few seasons. Beating a 5 win team isn't impressive.

That is why the win at Kinnick this weekend will not be any big deal. Like you said, beating a 5 win team isn't impressive.

I think it was a huge deal at the time for ISU because Texas was still ranked. Obviously as the year ended up, then win became less and less monumental.

That is why the win at Kinnick this weekend will not be any big deal. Like you said, beating a 5 win team isn't impressive.

And you wonder why a lot of Iowa fans don't care about the clown game?

You type while visiting an Iowa message board. You can't win this.

I don't think Iowa is a good football team this year. It happens, Clone fans should know this better than just about anyone. But it is telling that you are here, pretending this game is no big deal to you.

I don't know any that don't care. I know a few that claim they don't.

Do I care? yes
Am I glad we play them? No

Would love to see lil brother go out on his own now that he's growing into adult pants. We've supplemented him enough.

Do I care? yes
Am I glad we play them? No

Would love to see lil brother go out on his own now that he's growing into adult pants. We've supplemented him enough.

And we supplemented you with a shitastic teams under Walden criner that you got to destroy and feel like tough ****.

Look, I know it's fun to think that Iowa is a national power, but the simple truth is they are a middle of the road Big 10 team. They have the same amount of BCS wins as the University of Kansas. And they have one outright Big 10 title in the last 50 years.

And we supplemented you with a shitastic teams under Walden criner that you got to destroy and feel like tough ****.

Well, lets not short Pawl here. He also supplemented us with a couple shitastic teams in 2009 and 2010 that we destroyed as well. I expect that pattern to continue.

Look, I know it's fun to think that Iowa is a national power, but the simple truth is they are a middle of the road Big 10 team. They have the same amount of BCS wins as the University of Kansas. And they have one outright Big 10 title in the last 50 years.

I love it when Clone fans use this argument. If Iowa is middle of the pack (which I have no delusions that they are not) then how bad does that make the ISU program? You're really just exaggerating our point with how horrible ISU is. When is the last time you won any title?

Go away now.

Iowa 595-522-39
Kansas 573-570-58

Iowa State 499-595-46

tumblr_ljkahzoZ671qanb21o1_500.gif

I love it when Clone fans use this argument. If Iowa is middle of the pack (which I have no delusions that they are not) then how bad does that make the ISU program? You're really just exaggerating our point with how horrible ISU is. When is the last time you won any title?

Go away now.

ISU has been overall doormat status overall the past 30 years. We have no delusions about this.

My point is, you don't see ISU fans claiming we are a national power.

Latest posts