Greg Davis Comments at I Club

Sure would be funny to see this team roll off 8 or more wins. I don't think that will happen, but god it would be great to see a bunch of posters on here either disappear or come up with excuse after excuse.

"The tendency to whining and complaining may be taken as the surest sign symptom of little souls and inferior intellects"

Sure would be funny to see this team roll off 8 or more wins. I don't think that will happen, but god it would be great to see a bunch of posters on here either disappear or come up with excuse after excuse.

"The tendency to whining and complaining may be taken as the surest sign symptom of little souls and inferior intellects"

I've predicted 2 wins next season. I sincerely hope to see 8 or more wins. If they do I will still be here to eat my words.

I can see it now KF Big Ten Coach of the year A thread with NO posts Sorry guys just messin with ya

Im sure the defense will love the 40 second 3 and outs

This. If we can't move the ball we are going to be turning it back to the other team very quickly which could be a recipe for major disaster. I'm more than a little nervous about us in a no huddle or hurry up while most others think it's sexy good. Not so much here

This is a very legit concern, But it should help from keeping Ds from changing personel. In the past EVERYTIME we went to a 3 WR set they knew what was coming. Should make it good for pounding the ball and throwing in a pass to RB. This will be a very different Offense
This. If we can't move the ball we are going to be turning it back to the other team very quickly which could be a recipe for major disaster. I'm more than a little nervous about us in a no huddle or hurry up while most others think it's sexy good. Not so much here

This isn't rocket surgery, you don't need overwelming speed out there. Guys all over CFB can get open and QBs all over CFB complete passes. Iowa can't stink that bad. - or rather can't continue to stink THAT BAD. Just can't believe it will remain that bad.

Defenses don't really need to substitute to three and out us so hurrying up to not allow them to substitute is a bit of a moot point.

I've predicted 2 wins next season. I sincerely hope to see 8 or more wins. If they do I will still be here to eat my words.

Well you're an honorable man for saying so. I'm gonna steal a line from some of these people doubting the offensive changes however... "If it happens, I'll believe it when I see it". Honestly you aren't one of the posters who jumps out at me as being overly negative so I probably wouldn't even have noticed it regardless.

The part I don't understand is how terrible some people act like the Hawks are. I know it's a cliche' argument and I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but if the Hawks can figure things out schematically they have the talent to turn a lot of these close losses into wins. There are plenty of teams out there who figure out how to win more games than what their talent level suggests they can, and Iowa has talent. KF has been the leader of teams like that before. Now I understand last year's performance doesn't give people high hopes, but IF they can get on the same page and believe in eachother it isn't that far fetched to believe they have what it takes to surprise the Big 10.

How do you know ? we havent played a down yet. It made a huge difference in the Pitt game couple years ago. I can find a way to pick apart every possible thing about this team too. But what fun is that ?
Defenses don't really need to substitute to three and out us so hurrying up to not allow them to substitute is a bit of a moot point.

Just saying. For me the answer to our problems isn't necessarily a hurry up or no huddle offense. I actually liked the kok offense with a couple tweaks here and there. Now because everyone is doing it and its sexy pants, we all want the no huddle. Meh. Not sure it's the answer and get off my damn lawn

Just saying. For me the answer to our problems isn't necessarily a hurry up or no huddle offense. I actually liked the kok offense with a couple tweaks here and there. Now because everyone is doing it and its sexy pants, we all want the no huddle. Meh. Not sure it's the answer and get off my damn lawn

I don't disagree with you. But there are benefits to incorporating some no huddle and hurry up in practice more. It should help with conditioning, the 2 min drill, and the defense will learn better how to combat it.

Practicing it doesn't mean we always use it. But it is easier to slow down and huddle than switch the other way if you don't practice it much.

DP5555, I had to chuckle when I saw schematic mentioned. I remember Charlie Weis said he gave ND a schematic advantage. We all know how that worked out!

I like to think Iowa's offensive line will be one of the best in the country. Ride those guys. Iowa has good backs and a good Oline. Grind it out in the running game, eat the clock, have a qb manage the offense and move the sticks, keep the defense off the field. I think a hurry up would let the opposing front 7's off the hook against this offensive line a little bit. Once you get that established, play action. It's Ken Okeefe 101, but with this group I think its ideal.

This isn't rocket surgery, you don't need overwelming speed out there. Guys all over CFB can get open and QBs all over CFB complete passes. Iowa can't stink that bad. - or rather can't continue to stink THAT BAD. Just can't believe it will remain that bad.

Agree. The whole object of the game (either side of the ball) is to impose your will. The keys to doing that are speed, strength, technique and execution. If you lack a little in one area, you just try and make it up in another. That is all there is to it.

Just because Iowa is late to the party changing up the offense into the late 90's doesn't mean Iowa is anywhere close to be a contender for their half of the big ten. There are many holes on this team no bigger than the HC. Iowa might improve from last year but could it even be worse ???

DP5555, I had to chuckle when I saw schematic mentioned. I remember Charlie Weis said he gave ND a schematic advantage. We all know how that worked out!

Haha unless you're talking about an all you can buffett contest Charlie Weis hasn't given anyone a schematic advantage since he was the OC for the Pats.

I just want the Hawks offense to be on the same page. Last year they didn't even look like they were in the same book.

Latest posts