Greg Davis Comments at I Club

CharlestonHawkeye

Greg Davis confirmed tonight at the I Club dinner in Boone that we are likely to see a much different offense this year. He commented that Iowa averaged 28 snaps per half last year. 80 snaps took place in a half at the Spring game (40 for each offense). Bobby Kennedy should be a huge plus for this effort...he knows the Davis system. He said they intend to run more plays to wear down opposing defenses.

Great to hear. Thanks or sharing. It seem obvious but a big reason our yards per game have been so poor under KF is because we run so few plays.

Wow, they have I Club that far in Clown country? Interesting though.The scrimmage seemed to be focused on speed of running plays.

In before anyone else. Ill believe it when I see it. /sarcasm
Least the offense might be halfway entertaining this year. Maybe we can still a game.

Clown country doesn't exist outside of Ames city limits.

I'm not even sure you can call Ames Clown Country when a percentage of their student body still wears Hawkeye gear. I went to Iowa and NEVER saw anyone in an ISU shirt. Had a small group of friends who went to ISU and after several visits I noticed it was routine to see ISU students rockin the Black and Gold.

Back on track... thanks for posting this update from the I-Club circuit. I've never had the opportunity to go to one of these events. Certainly seems like the coaches and players are saying all the right things. I won't get my hopes up till we see it on the field, but I don't think they'd put on this big of a dog and pony show just to switch back to the same old crap we saw last year. They went 4-8. KF may be stubborn, but he isn't a stupid man. If 4-8 isn't enough evidence to make you more open minded then nothing is.

Clown country doesn't exist outside of Ames city limits.

I actually feel sad for their fan base. Their fans are so used to being beat up. Almost all the clone folks I know are not really passionate for their team. I'm not saying this to beat them up, it's just what I see on a daily basis.

Huge difference between the two fan bases. One is lukewarm for their team and the other is still hot for their team. I don't think that this state will ever be classified as the cylcone state.

FreedComanche

I still don't think Iowa has the guys to run a Greg Davis offense. Davis isn't going to come in and change things overnight and Iowa can't sit and wait for the right guys to come to Iowa City and fit the offense.

I stand by my statement when Greg Davis was hired. He will be the downfall of Ferentz.

I will believe it when I see it...If Iowa could just get first downs that would surly increases the number of plays ran.

I still don't think Iowa has the guys to run a Greg Davis offense. Davis isn't going to come in and change things overnight and Iowa can't sit and wait for the right guys to come to Iowa City and fit the offense.

I stand by my statement when Greg Davis was hired. He will be the downfall of Ferentz.

Sadly, I agree. I'd just use the words "ultimate" downfall... in that sentence... I think KFz was already on the way down. GD will seal his fate.

Well, we're going to need to pass the ball further than 3 yards on 3rd and 4 to keep drives alive.

I agree with the posters that state we do not have the players to run this type of offense. And I can't see GD being here long enough to get those type of players into the system.

And is this even the system that KF wants to run?

When we have a healthy run game, we do alright. A good OL and a good run game forces the other team to respect the fact that if we want to run it, we can and will. That opens up the pap (which is what GD was saying). Having the wr's on the same page as the qb helps also.:)

When the going gets tough, KF will resort back to what he knows....sllooooowwwwwww down offense.

Greg Davis confirmed tonight at the I Club dinner in Boone that we are likely to see a much different offense this year. He commented that Iowa averaged 28 snaps per half last year. 80 snaps took place in a half at the Spring game (40 for each offense). Bobby Kennedy should be a huge plus for this effort...he knows the Davis system. He said they intend to run more plays to wear down opposing defenses.

I loved the uptempo look of the offense on Saturday in Kinnick. Some fans are pre-emptively ******** about Davis and the offense...what nu? Not sure why he would flatly lie about this at an I-Club outing,as he knows these are the hardcore fans who will attend games and will remember his comments.
Some fans are just bound and determined to hate KF and our team....enjoy your summer of whining.

Latest posts