Greenway, Reisner, Ballard, and Olsen

OP is this you?

stan.jpg

I have to say, I am a huge fan of this Okeefe4prez vs. CGhawk fight. It is like a battle to see who is the most pathetic. Also, it is cute how all of okeefe's fanboys rushed to back him up after someone stood up to him.

Are you ******* smoking crack? Open practice isn't open FOR THE FANS. Open practice is open because owners realized pathetic overweight NFL superfans, or even more pathetic, fans from players college teams would show up, stand around for 4 hours to watch the team practice, then go buy a bunch of team gear and stuff.

Just because it's not uncommon for a 40 year old man (man is used loosely) wearing ex college stuff to jump around yelling "GREENWAY, GREENWAY, GREENWAY!" until he looks over and waves (causing the "man" to giggle like a little school girl) doesn't mean it isn't pathetic.

So it's for the fans to come watch? Got it. It sounded like you were going to disagree at first (with the insult and all), but your evidence clearly shows otherwise.

Last edited:
I have to say, I am a huge fan of this Okeefe4prez vs. CGhawk fight. It is like a battle to see who is the most pathetic. Also, it is cute how all of okeefe's fanboys rushed to back him up after someone stood up to him.

+1

The only problem here is trying to decide who to back. It is choosing between a Giant ******-bag and a Turd Sandwich (couldn't pass on the South Park reference). Personally, I am leaning toward the Giant ******-bag...

Now we just need to figure out which is which...

I guess you do hafta sorta put yourself in Greenway's shoes and realize he's gotten this same sort of attention pretty much every day of his life, everywhere he goes for the last 6 years. I mean, he plays within a couple hours driving distance of Iowa, and there are certainly plenty of Iowa transplants up in the TC's...plus, you have to admit Iowans can be a little over-the-top with this type of stuff.

Could Greenway been a little more amicable? Sure. Do I really fault him for the fun of "OMG! Chad Greenway!!!" from 1000's of different Iowa fans having worn off a LONG time ago? Hell no. It's gotta get old.

He's a great Hawkeye and will go down as an all-time legend, but that doesn't commit him to a life sentence of needing to be ok with being leg-humped by a middle-aged die hard Iowa while waiting in line at Wendy's etc for the rest of his life.

Ok. Maybe I ****** some people off and that's fine. Say I'm a dbag, but seeing OK4P troll constantly and jump all over HN posters is annoying. so I beat him at his own game and if that makes me a dbag then fine..but we are all hawk fans and yet we jump all over each other for stupid sh**. Just gets old and instead of being like duff and being butt buddies with OK4P... I decided to grow a pair and say something about it.

I have to agree with OK4P. A players job is to win football games not wave at some loser fan waiting 3 hours to say hi to fans. Would it be nice? sure. But just think about people asking for your autograph 24/7. out to eat with your family, having a crappy day, sick, tired, no matter how many you sign or how long you do it for someone is going to be upset they didn't. Big deal he didn't acknowledge you get over and oh by the way get a life.

I have to agree with OK4P. A players job is to win football games not wave at some loser fan waiting 3 hours to say hi to fans. Would it be nice? sure. But just think about people asking for your autograph 24/7. out to eat with your family, having a crappy day, sick, tired, no matter how many you sign or how long you do it for someone is going to be upset they didn't. Big deal he didn't acknowledge you get over and oh by the way get a life.

I disagree. These players don't get paid the way they do without the fans. And there are players out there who realize this. In fact, when I went to one of the Cubs-Cards games in St. Louis a few weeks ago, fans said that there was a player for St. Louis that went out before the game, started at one foul pole, and worked his way as far along the first row as he could before the game started (he made it to the opposite dugout).

When I was 11 years old, we went to KC for vacation, and got to see the Mariners come to town when they won 116 games. After the game, we waited for the teams to come out (along with a ton of other people). Bret Boone stood outside the bus for probably 30 minutes, signing as many autographs as he could. I was fortunate enough to get one of them, but it was my dad who fought through the crowd to get one for me.

Is it really a big deal in the big picture? Of course not. It's not going to affect my life any if a guy gives me the cold shoulder. It'd just be nice if more of these players were at least appreciative enough to acknowledge a fan's existence. That's not asking for a whole lot. A wave? Is it really that much different than returning a wave on the road? That happens God only knows how many times a day, yet we do it anyway.

Ok. Maybe I ****** some people off and that's fine. Say I'm a dbag, but seeing OK4P troll constantly and jump all over HN posters is annoying. so I beat him at his own game and if that makes me a dbag then fine..but we are all hawk fans and yet we jump all over each other for stupid sh**. Just gets old and instead of being like duff and being butt buddies with OK4P... I decided to grow a pair and say something about it.

I don't think you're a dbag, I think you're a hero.

The Vikings have specific times to meet and greet with fans during camp. Also times to sign autographs.

Let the guy(s) do their job.

If you want an autograph, wait until the autograph period and/or go through the front office.

This thread reminds me of the middle aged guys that come to Kids Day at Kinnick and push through to get autographs of college players.

So it's for the fans to come watch? Got it. It sounded like you were going to disagree at first (with the insult and all), but your evidence clearly shows otherwise.

Let's try some higher level thinking.

Was this guy upset that he didn't get to watch practice? No. Did Chad Greenway refuse to participate in practice? No. Did Chad Greenway somehow obstruct him from viewing practice? No.

This guy got upset because Chad didn't smile and wave to him after he acted like a 14 year old girl at a Backstreet Boy's reunion concert. They open practice to allow fans to watch and observe, not to be a part of it, or be a distraction.

I would go as so far as to say you beat him at his own game.
I think he makes a lot of valid points.

His method might be unconventional, but his message is right on.

When I said you are creepy, I wasn't trolling, I was being dead serious. You're not a d-bag, you're more like a pedobear. The funny thing is you think you're some big man for "grow[ing] a pair" but it is clear you are just trying to thump your chest in some perceived victory in order to try to draw attention away from the fact that you are prolly the creepiest person on here, which is saying A LOT.

I'll be in the KC lot in a few weeks, prolly two rows in off Melrose crushing brews (Coors Lights, to be exact) behind a black Xterra with yellow tigerhawk magnets on the doors. Swing by, I'll call you a creepy prole to your face if you think I'm being a troll. The fact that you dressed up to try catch the attention of Chad Greenway is in and of itself very creepy, but then the fact that you obviously ascribed such a high intrinsic value to a wave or nod (and of course an autograph) is simply disturbing. Sure, you were gonna be the BMATT (big man at the tailgate) regaling all your Miller High Life swigging prole friends of your war story about Chad Greenway waving at you and now that dream is dashed, but you'll have a helluva story to tell them about Greenway rebuffing you. However, if I were you, I'd prolly leave that one in my back pocket. Just some friendly advice, chief.

This thread reminds me of the middle aged guys that come to Kids Day at Kinnick and push through to get autographs of college players.

I will be there tomorrow. ;)

In fairness, I have two kids, and I won't be getting autographs, but I admit that attending is more for me than them.

Ask this thread one question. WWRSD?

I disagree. These players don't get paid the way they do without the fans. And there are players out there who realize this. In fact, when I went to one of the Cubs-Cards games in St. Louis a few weeks ago, fans said that there was a player for St. Louis that went out before the game, started at one foul pole, and worked his way as far along the first row as he could before the game started (he made it to the opposite dugout).

When I was 11 years old, we went to KC for vacation, and got to see the Mariners come to town when they won 116 games. After the game, we waited for the teams to come out (along with a ton of other people). Bret Boone stood outside the bus for probably 30 minutes, signing as many autographs as he could. I was fortunate enough to get one of them, but it was my dad who fought through the crowd to get one for me.

Is it really a big deal in the big picture? Of course not. It's not going to affect my life any if a guy gives me the cold shoulder. It'd just be nice if more of these players were at least appreciative enough to acknowledge a fan's existence. That's not asking for a whole lot. A wave? Is it really that much different than returning a wave on the road? That happens God only knows how many times a day, yet we do it anyway.

And when people don't return that wave to you start a thread on a message board to tell everyone about it?

Sure he could have waved back but as you said it isn't that big of a deal.

As far as signing autographs being part of their job, no it isn't, it's nice that players take the time to do it but it doesn't say anywhere in their contract that they have to sign them for X minutes a day.

And the kids getting the autographs they aren't paying for the tickets the parents are, and if we are talking about the NFL, I would guess the number of kids actually at NFL games would be less than 5%.

The great Bret Boone, one of the most obvious steroid users in the history of baseball. Probably the second most obvious of all time behind Brady Anderson. How large was his head in person?

Latest posts