Green jerseys

Ozhawk

I will get flamed but it would be totally cool to see our team show up wearing green jerseys satuday in honor of their brother Bret

Get the word out.

Little oz and I will be wearing our greenwood shirts. And we won't be leaving early. N

Or they could go the MLB route like on Jackie Robinson day and all wear the #30. :) The news was saying the Dr's are hopeful they will soon be able to take him out of the medically induced coma. Get well soon Bret!

I don't have a problem with showing support for a Hawkeye in need, but is there a threshold we apply to determine whether a former player is worthy of a jersey change or not? Or do we do it for every single former Hawkeye that has any sort of serious medical condition? Or do they have to have a color in their name so we know what the uniform should look like?

I don't have a problem with showing support for a Hawkeye in need, but is there a threshold we apply to determine whether a former player is worthy of a jersey change or not? Or do we do it for every single former Hawkeye that has any sort of serious medical condition? Or do they have to have a color in their name so we know what the uniform should look like?

How former is greenwood? He is an Iowan who came home. HE was just on the team. Thresholds dont exist for family situations. He is family.

How former is greenwood? He is an Iowan who came home. HE was just on the team. Thresholds dont exist for family situations. He is family.

He's got a point. While I think just about everyone could agree that Greenwood is a guy that you could make a gesture like this for, where do you draw the line? Is it only for in-state guys? Guys who were in the program within 3 years ago?

It's a tough line to draw, so it's best not to venture into it like this. The school organizing something for fans to do is one thing, but for such a drastic measure as wearing green jerseys it's best to just say no.

not-sure-if-serious-or-just-plain-stupid-thumb.jpg

Look, I feel really bad for Greenwood, and I hope and pray for a speedy, full recovery. But I am not the biggest fan of two things. One, celebrating or having a tribute for one man above the whole team. They did that in 2008 for Shonn Greene (totally different circumstances, I know) and I wasn't the biggest fan. Second, wearing any other color other than our own school colors. Hawkeyes are Black and Gold. I understand the significance of wearing green for Greenwood but I just don't like it. I would be in favor of having a tribute for him but don't screw with the gameday colors, please.

The fans wearing green is a nice jesture (no pun intended) but no need for Hawks to wear a green jersey.

How about they all wear Greenwood's name tag on the back of the reg. jerseys, maybe a patch? Or his old number on the helmets. Sounds better than green jerseys imo.

Meh, wear a patch or something if the team wants. I don't see the need for green jerseys.

Latest posts