Green jerseys

Outoftownhawk is gay for Brett Greenwood.

Not sure why else he would be so butt hurt over this.

I'll take it another level, the wear green idea sucks too.

@OUTofTOWNHAWK

Why don't you get his name tattooed across your chest.

In fact, why don't you tattoo your entire body green. That would show your support.

If you don't do it, you're an ***.

You still don't seem to get my point. What about Greenwood is so much more special than any other former Hawk who has been hospitalized with a serious illness? We didn't really do anything with the uniforms for Jory Helms. What makes Greenwood more worthy of uniform alterations than Helms?

The honest answer is there is nothing that makes Greenwood any more of a Hawkeye than a guy like Helms.

You just can't do something as drastic as wearing green uniforms for Greenwood, and then do nothing for someone like Helms. It's just not something that's feasible. Fans can wear green, the team can wear a patch. But uniforms is too much when you don't do it for everyone in similar situations.

Well put.

I will get flamed but it would be totally cool to see our team show up wearing green jerseys satuday in honor of their brother Bret

Get the word out.

Little oz and I will be wearing our greenwood shirts. And we won't be leaving early. N

Do NOT go to that awesome Halloween store. Do NOT!

I might find something green to wear as well. Good thought.

I ALMOST left early with little Racer last week. Almost. :)

Well I guess Im alone on the idea that if you dont like it you dont say anything. I also know that it wouldnt happen so its easy for me to argue my side.
My thoughts are whatever it is we can live with it for one game.

so you've never said something when you didn't like it? you're doing it right now. some members voiced opinions, and you responded because you didn't like what they were saying. come on man, there's room for debate over this. i'm in the camp that disagrees with you which i suppose(according to you) makes me an *** but you should really read what tm3308 has said throughout this thread.

also, you should go to work for iowa corn

Am I a bad fan if I don't wear green? I just bought a new Hawkeye jersey and that's what I'm wearing. Maybe I'll wear a green shirt underneath or something but I doubt it.

Oh and green jerseys are a stupid idea. Greenwood will be known as a black n golder forever, not a color that just happens to share his name.

Last edited:
The team wearing green unis is the height of ridiculous.

I plan to wear my normal gold this weekend, but someone accent with green.

I think for this game, the university should rip out the existing seats and replace them with WOODen bleachers to show support for Greenwood.

yea I am definitely an azz. I think a green Jersey is a little much. dumb idea. I like the green wristbands, I wouldn't even mind if they went to all black helmets - no decals.

Look, I feel really bad for Greenwood, and I hope and pray for a speedy, full recovery. But I am not the biggest fan of two things. One, celebrating or having a tribute for one man above the whole team. They did that in 2008 for Shonn Greene (totally different circumstances, I know) and I wasn't the biggest fan. Second, wearing any other color other than our own school colors. Hawkeyes are Black and Gold. I understand the significance of wearing green for Greenwood but I just don't like it. I would be in favor of having a tribute for him but don't screw with the gameday colors, please.

I would say by the looks of our jerseys, we are almost black and yellow actually.

Latest posts