Green jerseys

Wow you are a dick if you have a problem with green jerseys. It has nothing to do with you...Brett was a great Hawk a jersey change is not a big deal to show our love for a former Hawk...some of you are not Hawks if you cant take that change.

Oopsy on the edit

Last edited:
Wow you are a dick if you have a problem with green jerseys. It has nothing to do with you...Chad was a great Hawk a jersey change is not a big deal to show our love for a former Hawk...some of you are not Hawks if you cant take that change.

The Vikings suck but I don't think Greenway is suffering. I don't see the necessity of wearing green for him.

Wow you are a dick if you have a problem with green jerseys. It has nothing to do with you...Chad was a great Hawk a jersey change is not a big deal to show our love for a former Hawk...some of you are not Hawks if you cant take that change.

My only problem is the slippery slope. I mean what did we do for Jory Helms? I'm sure there are other former players in similar situations who could have been honored and weren't. Where do you draw that line? I don't think it's right to hold Greenwood above other true Hawkeyes (guys like Helms) just because he was a better player.

My only problem is the slippery slope. I mean what did we do for Jory Helms? I'm sure there are other former players in similar situations who could have been honored and weren't. Where do you draw that line? I don't think it's right to hold Greenwood above other true Hawkeyes (guys like Helms) just because he was a better player.

The thing is its not up to us but I think anyone that thinks thats our jerseys cant change for one game is a dbag. Im not trying to the situation is the as any other situation or more diserving than another.

The jerseys wont change but if they did I think everyone should understand and hope that its a motivating game.

Last edited:
The thing is its not up to us but I think anyone that thinks thats our jerseys cant change for one game is a dbag. Im not trying to the situation is the as any other situation or more diserving than another.

The jerseys wont change but if they did I think everyone should understand and hope that its a motivating game.

It's stupid.

Will these Green jerseys be ProCombat jerseys? If so I'm in!

Im know it wont happen, but sayin youre against it makes you an ***.

How about we make it like a dark green and gold look, and keep the black and we could go by the name the Spartans for a game to honor Greenwood's fighting spirit. Maybe something like this, just a quick mock up I came up with.

michigan-statex-large.jpg

I have been posting updates and following the Greenwood thing from the get go. However, I agree green jerseys is a little much. Patch is fine, stadium all in green is awesome! thats enough... guess this makes me an @$$ too.

Changing them in such drastic fashion for one former player is not a good idea. Greenwood is no more a member of the Hawkeye family than Jory Helms. They're all equal in that aspect, even if they're not equal in on-field performance.

A patch on the helmet or something would be great. But something as drastic as green jerseys is too much. Putting Greenwood above all other former Hawks who have battled serious illness to that extent just isn't right.

Brett is a member of the Hawkeye family and the Green T-shirt thing is a great way to show support. But going to green jerseys would be a little extreme. Teams have remembered players and others who have died...with little more than a black arm band, or uniform patch. And Brett is still with us.

How about a green #30 sticker on the back of the helmets...that would be pretty cool. And it would be easy to pull it off with such short notice.

Here's to Brett's quick recovery and better days ahead. He's a great young man.

Last edited:
Like I said they wont do it....but to say that you are against it make you an ***. Its above HN whether it happens(and it wont) but I think anything we could do for a former Hawk is great. Once again it wont happen. Yes a patch is great and probaly all that is needed. To say that you cant change the jerseys for a Hawk in this situation is just dumb........they are just jerseys. The shirt that you wear and a Hawk in great distress are two very different things.

Like I said they wont do it....but to say that you are against it make you an ***. Its above HN whether it happens(and it wont) but I think anything we could do for a former Hawk is great. Once again it wont happen. Yes a patch is great and probaly all that is needed. To say that you cant change the jerseys for a Hawk in this situation is just dumb........they are just jerseys. The shirt that you wear and a Hawk in great distress are two very different things.

But what makes Greenwood so much more worthy than Jory Helms? That's the problem. You can't make such a grand gesture for one player and not all of them. That's demeaning to all the other former Hawkeyes who have been in a similar position and weren't honored in such a way.

And I don't think that Greenwood would disagree with that.

Latest posts