Green jerseys

You think its great that you put jerseys over a former Hawk.

That's *exactly* what I said.

What if it's a player who doesn't have a color in his name? What do we do then? What if he happens to have the same color in his name that the opponent on the field wears? What do we do then? WHAT DO WE DO THEN?!?!?

Like I said they wont do it....but to say that you are against it make you an ***. Its above HN whether it happens(and it wont) but I think anything we could do for a former Hawk is great. Once again it wont happen. Yes a patch is great and probaly all that is needed. To say that you cant change the jerseys for a Hawk in this situation is just dumb........they are just jerseys. The shirt that you wear and a Hawk in great distress are two very different things.

Dude I'm all for it, I even came up with a mock up design for the jerseys.

How is Greenwood doing by the way?

Who cares? The important thing is that the university pays to have new GREEN jerseys made on the spur of the moment so the team can wear them on Saturday. It'd be stupid to take that money and donate it to pay some of his medical bills.

Dude I'm all for it, I even came up with a mock up design for the jerseys.

Same here. I just mocked this one up. Seems like the way to go. If green is good, why wouldn't green woodgrain be better?

woodb.jpg

That's *exactly* what I said.

What if it's a player who doesn't have a color in his name? What do we do then? What if he happens to have the same color in his name that the opponent on the field wears? What do we do then? WHAT DO WE DO THEN?!?!?

Its the idea that you wouldnt change a jersey for a Brett, or any other Hawk...the green doesnt matter.

Green socks, jerseys, pants, crowd, helmet, or anything else doesnt matter. To say we couldnt change things for one game is dumb. Also whatever we do will show well for the Hawk family. If your against it youre an ***.

Its the idea that you wouldnt change a jersey for a Brett, or any other Hawk...the green doesnt matter.

The green doesn't matter. I kind of like the color green. I just don't think we wear it. I prefer orange as a color but I don't want to wear that either. (Though I don't think we have any former players with 'orange' in their last name, so I guess we don't have to worry about that).

OutofTown calling people names because they don't agree with you seems to make you what you are calling them.

Well yes you could say that about any name calling. In this case I think if you dont like it keep quite its not about looks its about the cause. I hate green...makes me think of MSU, but its not about that.

Well yes you could say that about any name calling. In this case I think if you dont like it keep quite its not about looks its about the cause. I hate green...makes me think of MSU, but its not about that.

What about the folks like me, who aren't concerned with how the uniform looks, but still don't think it's a good idea to do something so drastic?

What about the folks like me, who aren't concerned with how the uniform looks, but still don't think it's a good idea to do something so drastic?

Well I guess Im alone on the idea that if you dont like it you dont say anything. I also know that it wouldnt happen so its easy for me to argue my side.
My thoughts are whatever it is we can live with it for one game.

Maybe a patch or something but not a green jersey ... There has to be a line drawn. Once you make an exception how do you tell the next person or group we can't do something in honor of someone else. I, like the rest of you, feel for what happened to Greenwood ... Wearing green jerseys is simply not going to happen ...

Well I guess Im alone on the idea that if you dont like it you dont say anything. I also know that it wouldnt happen so its easy for me to argue my side.
My thoughts are whatever it is we can live with it for one game.

You still don't seem to get my point. What about Greenwood is so much more special than any other former Hawk who has been hospitalized with a serious illness? We didn't really do anything with the uniforms for Jory Helms. What makes Greenwood more worthy of uniform alterations than Helms?

The honest answer is there is nothing that makes Greenwood any more of a Hawkeye than a guy like Helms.

You just can't do something as drastic as wearing green uniforms for Greenwood, and then do nothing for someone like Helms. It's just not something that's feasible. Fans can wear green, the team can wear a patch. But uniforms is too much when you don't do it for everyone in similar situations.

I agree with what someone else said.. green wristbands.. the cotton ones... it's subtle yet meaningful...

I also agree with others, where is the line drawn that puts Greenwood ahead of other hawkeyes in similar situations.

Last edited:

Latest posts