Greatest Player in Iowa FB History (and you can't vote for Kinnick)

Nate Kaeding...the most deadly offensive weapon in Iowa history. I don't think there will ever be a better kicker. Get it to the 35-40 yd line and it's 3 pts

Have to agree with Duke Slater. My Mom and Dad knew him personally in the early 20's and talked of him often.

Heck, I'd vote for Duke Slater even if I COULD vote for Kinnick. But then I suppose I'm biased.

Duke Slater's accomplishments and contributions are nothing short of incredible. No player did more for Hawkeye football in his lifetime than Slater did...not even Kinnick. I'm sure that's controversial, but there it is.

How old are you, hawkfan1319? As good as Stanzi was and as many big plays as he made, he really couldn't hold Long's jock. But if you never saw Chuck Long play because you are too young then I could let you off the hook.

And I say that as a guy that really liked Stanzi as a player and a leader. That is how good Chuck Long was.

How old are you, hawkfan1319? As good as Stanzi was and as many big plays as he made, he really couldn't hold Long's jock. But if you never saw Chuck Long play because you are too young then I could let you off the hook.

And I say that as a guy that really liked Stanzi as a player and a leader. That is how good Chuck Long was.

Hold on, son. Good as Chuck Long was, he had poise no greater than Stanzi. Better as a QB? Sure. Better as a leader? Probably not.

Stanzi could shake off a bad play better than any Hawkeye QB in the Hayden/KF Era.

Latest posts