Greatest Player in Iowa FB History (and you can't vote for Kinnick)

ChosenChildren

Other than Nile Kinnick, who is the greatest player in Iowa football history?

I think it is a toss up between Chuck Long and Bob Sanders.

I take the Sand Man - going to games since 1960 and I never saw a better player make more big plays.

The forced fumble on a punt return in the Big House against Michigan in 2002 won us a Big Ten title. I was there to see it....

What do others think? Am I wrong here?

Other than Nile Kinnick, who is the greatest player in Iowa football history?

I think it is a toss up between Chuck Long and Bob Sanders.

I take the Sand Man - going to games since 1960 and I never saw a better player make more big plays.

The forced fumble on a punt return in the Big House against Michigan in 2002 won us a Big Ten title. I was there to see it....

What do others think? Am I wrong here?

I was there also.

His senior day game against Minny.....wow. I vote Bob Sanders.

Tim Dwight was an ok player too, made a play every now and again....
Loved Dwight. I always thought Hayden should have played him at quarterback and run some type of veer with Shaw and Banks in the backfield.

I thought Matt Sherman was average at best....

I'd get so ****** when teams kicked it out of bounce so Tim wouldn't get his hands on it. Punter would come out, kick it out of bounce after 5 yd of travel, then go to sidelines and get high fives and pats on the helmet for job well done... B****es. Dwight was electric, he brought it every time he was on the field. One of my all time favorites to watch.

What about Calvin Jones? Outland trophy winner and Iowa's only 3 time 1st team All-American (53'-55). 54' and 55' being consensus 1st team.

Chuck Long and it really is not close, he was by far the best quarterback Iowa has ever had. His performance elevated Iowa & Hayden Fry era to one of the best teams in the Big Ten.

Latest posts