Grad Transfers Available

Syracuse's Matthew Moyer transferring...
He's a redshirt freshman power forward that averaged 3.2ppg. We all know we're short on those types. ;)

Mom says: "Those schools: Xavier, Vanderbilt, Stanford, Kansas State, Iowa, Creighton, Alabama and Iowa State."

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske...bilt_kansas_state_mor.html#incart_river_index
He would have to sit out next year. He was a top 100 recruit so I wouldn’t mind taking a shot at him. We have the scholarships available. Sounds like Xavier would be the school to beat though.

Maybe he could teach Fran some zone principles he learned with Boeheim. :)

I've seen a lot of graduate transfers on Twitter releasing schools that have contacted them and haven't seen us listed once. Why do I have a fear we're not going to get the guard we have to have and why aren't we getting in on these kids yet?

I've seen a lot of graduate transfers on Twitter releasing schools that have contacted them and haven't seen us listed once. Why do I have a fear we're not going to get the guard we have to have and why aren't we getting in on these kids yet?
Several issues lie ahead which is why I never really put a ton of stock into us landing a grad transfer.

Does Fran even think we need another guard? We bring in Weiskamp, Frederick, and bring back Connor, maybe he thinks we are okay.

Does Fran want to play the transfer game? He hasn’t much in the past.

Does a potential recruit want to go to Iowa where Bohannon, Moss, and Dailey all got minutes last year as underclassmen?

What about Connor, are guys afraid of losing PT to a coaches son?

Most grad transfers want to go to a program they can win at. Does a potential recruit think Iowa can win next year?

This is what we are up against, which is why I’m not putting a ton of hope into us landing an instant impact guard.

Several issues lie ahead which is why I never really put a ton of stock into us landing a grad transfer.

Does Fran even think we need another guard? We bring in Weiskamp, Frederick, and bring back Connor, maybe he thinks we are okay.

Does Fran want to play the transfer game? He hasn’t much in the past.

Does a potential recruit want to go to Iowa where Bohannon, Moss, and Dailey all got minutes last year as underclassmen?

What about Connor, are guys afraid of losing PT to a coaches son?

Most grad transfers want to go to a program they can win at. Does a potential recruit think Iowa can win next year?

This is what we are up against, which is why I’m not putting a ton of hope into us landing an instant impact guard.

If Fran doesn't think we need a transfer guard or doesn't want to play the transfer game he can't be fired soon enough. That's ridiculous and any impact guard will see he has ample playing time here with how poor our guards are.

If Fran doesn't think we need a transfer guard or doesn't want to play the transfer game he can't be fired soon enough. That's ridiculous and any impact guard will see he has ample playing time here with how poor our guards are.
Well I agree that we should go for a grad transfer guard.

I know you’re just here to troll anyway but what people like you don’t understand is the demand for quality grad transfer guards greatly outweighs the supply. Tons of schools are willing to offer a guy because there is really no risk to them for one year. So whether it be that potential recruits don’t think we will be good next year, recruits are getting better offers than Iowa, or recruits are concerned about PT, I think we are up against it for landing a quality grad transfer.

Well I agree that we should go for a grad transfer guard.

I know you’re just here to troll anyway but what people like you don’t understand is the demand for quality grad transfer guards greatly outweighs the supply. Tons of schools are willing to offer a guy because there is really no risk to them for one year. So whether it be that potential recruits don’t think we will be good next year, recruits are getting better offers than Iowa, or recruits are concerned about PT, I think we are up against it for landing a quality grad transfer.

Our guards are bad. Playing time is going to be the main thing we can sell and help us not hurt us.

Care to address any of the other potential hurdles I listed or just repeat what you already said about our guards sucking?

The only potential hurdle I can think of is a graduate transfer will probably want to go somewhere where he thinks he can play in the NCAA Tournament but you have to be able to pitch to him that he's the difference maker to get you there.

The only potential hurdle I can think of is a graduate transfer will probably want to go somewhere where he thinks he can play in the NCAA Tournament but you have to be able to pitch to him that he's the difference maker to get you there.
All the while other schools are pitching him on he being the difference maker that gets them to the sweet 16 or final four....

All the while other schools are pitching him on he being the difference maker that gets them to the sweet 16 or final four....

At some point Fran needs to win these recruiting battles or we need to find someone else who will. The excuses people make for him and his shortcomings in recruiting are insane. We're in a great spot to bring in a graduate transfer guard and if we don't that's a huge fail for Fran.

At some point Fran needs to win these recruiting battles or we need to find someone else who will. The excuses people make for him and his shortcomings in recruiting are insane. We're in a great spot to bring in a graduate transfer guard and if we don't that's a huge fail for Fran.
I’m making no excuses for Fran I called for him to be fired at the end of this season and I at no point would go beyond next year if we don’t make the dance.

With that said I’m a realist and know we are up against it when it comes to landing a grad transfer guard that’s going to make a big difference for the reasons I’ve listed above, which include some of Fran’s shortcomings by the way. I suspect you know our chances are pretty slim as well but you are just setting up a future troll.

Last edited:
I’m making no excuses for Fran I called for him to be fired at the end of this season and I at no point would go beyond next year if we don’t make the dance.

With that said I’m a realist and know we are up against it when it comes to landing a grad transfer guard that’s going to make a big difference for the reasons I’ve listed above, which include some of Fran’s shortcomings by the way. I suspect you know our chances are pretty slim as well but you are just setting up a future troll.

I get that the odds aren't that great, but not even gonna try and land one? I don't get that mentality.. If you don't make calls, you don't make any sales...

Absolutely, I certainly think we should try, but who knows what Fran is thinking.

If Fran doesn't aggressively pursue a graduate transfer guard this off season the writing is on the wall that we'll be searching for a new head coach soon in my opinion.

There isn't a grad transfer that will start over any of the Iowa starters from this years team so I doubt any of them would be that interested in coming to Iowa.

What's funny is there are so many transfers every year, but only a handful of them do good enough to make a big difference. They stand out and make everyone want them. But they are the best of a big number. The best of anybody rarely end up here. We don't just need a transfer. We need a top 10 transfer.

She's available as a graduate student
200w.gif

I'm pretty sure Fran thinks we're just fine with the guards we have and that our defense will be just fine with a little tweaking. It's going to be a long year.

Latest posts