Grad Transfers Available

Here's what the late signing period looks like:

You can't get a player if you don't even try. Duke is going to be loaded next year and Coach K still realizes you can't just ignore the graduate transfer market. It's very frustrating not to even see us reaching out to these players.

You can't get a player if you don't even try. Duke is going to be loaded next year and Coach K still realizes you can't just ignore the graduate transfer market. It's very frustrating not to even see us reaching out to these players.

You don't know what the Iowa coaches are doing. You assume you do based on what you read on social media and message boards. Do you know for a fact that Iowa isn't recruiting anyone right now or are you just pushing a narrative through speculation?

The fact remains that it's a seller's market this time of year. That Duke is interested in a transfer from Albany illustrates that.

You don't know what the Iowa coaches are doing. You assume you do based on what you read on social media and message boards. Do you know for a fact that Iowa isn't recruiting anyone right now or are you just pushing a narrative through speculation?

The fact remains that it's a seller's market this time of year. That Duke is interested in a transfer from Albany illustrates that.

All these graduate transfers are listing the schools that contacted them and we're nowhere to be found. If we were contacting them it would be public. With that being said I feel confident saying I know for a fact we're not recruiting any graduate transfers that have put out their lists so far. It doesn't matter what kind of market it is that doesn't give you an excuse to not even try.

All these graduate transfers are listing the schools that contacted them and we're nowhere to be found. If we were contacting them it would be public. With that being said I feel confident saying I know for a fact we're not recruiting any graduate transfers that have put out their lists so far. It doesn't matter what kind of market it is that doesn't give you an excuse to not even try.

Where can I find the lists of graduate transfers Iowa isn't recruiting? Does the list include all of the graduate transfers with them personally naming all the schools that have contracted them?

Where can I find the lists of graduate transfers Iowa isn't recruiting? Does the list include all of the graduate transfers with them personally naming all the schools that have contracted them?

I don't know if there is a list compiled anywhere but you can find all the information on Twitter. The only transfer we've reached out to so far is the kid from Syracuse who would have to sit out next year. I'm surprised you're not following this closer.

I don't know if there is a list compiled anywhere but you can find all the information on Twitter. The only transfer we've reached out to so far is the kid from Syracuse who would have to sit out next year. I'm surprised you're not following this closer.

I can find all the information on Twitter, huh? Great. Silly me.

I can find all the information on Twitter, huh? Great. Silly me.

I guess I don't see what you're trying to prove here. A player announces he's transferring and then shortly after he'll tell a national guy what schools have contacted him and they list them on Twitter. Do you believe Iowa is reaching out to these players and they're just forgetting to mention it?

I guess I don't see what you're trying to prove here. A player announces he's transferring and then shortly after he'll tell a national guy what schools have contacted him and they list them on Twitter. Do you believe Iowa is reaching out to these players and they're just forgetting to mention it?

What I’m trying to show is that there’s no possible way you can call your assertions accurate no matter how many times you regurgitate them on the HN boards.

You’re making it seem like you researched every grad transfer, on Twitter mind you, and found that Iowa isn’t recruiting ANY of them. You’re the saying that information, found on Twitter mind you, is 100 percent accurate. None of those reports might have left out Iowa inadvertently. There’s no chance any of these players or their coaches or families have been contacted by Iowa. None of them. And you’ve apparently researched every grad transfer on Twitter.

Woodward and Bernstein stuff.

And, no, I don’t have names of guys Iowa has contacted. I’m working on it daily. But I’m not naive or thick-headed enough to think they’re not contacting anyone because we haven’t seen names. Where? Why on Twitter, of course. That platform provides absolutes.

Anything else?

What I’m trying to show is that there’s no possible way you can call your assertions accurate no matter how many times you regurgitate them on the HN boards.

You’re making it seem like you researched every grad transfer, on Twitter mind you, and found that Iowa isn’t recruiting ANY of them. You’re the saying that information, found on Twitter mind you, is 100 percent accurate. None of those reports might have left out Iowa inadvertently. There’s no chance any of these players or their coaches or families have been contacted by Iowa. None of them. And you’ve apparently researched every grad transfer on Twitter.

And, no, I don’t have names of guys Iowa has contacted. I’m working on it daily. But I’m not naive or thick-headed enough to think they’re not contacting anyone because we haven’t seen names. Where? Why on Twitter, of course. That platform provides absolutes.

Anything else?
I'd believe that Iowa is communicating with point guard transfers if I knew Connor was devoting all his time to baseball. Have you heard anything new on that front?

Anything else?

I haven't researched every graduate transfer but if Iowa was on a list they released on Twitter on who has contacted them we would know about it. There's multiple posters in this thread saying they don't even think we will try to get one which is unacceptable to me. I know Fran is very stubborn but come on you have to at least try to add an impact guard.

I haven't researched every graduate transfer but if Iowa was on a list they released on Twitter on who has contacted them we would know about it. There's multiple posters in this thread saying they don't even think we will try to get one which is unacceptable to me. I know Fran is very stubborn but come on you have to at least try to add an impact guard.

I give up.

I need the forehead slap emoji.

I'd believe that Iowa is communicating with point guard transfers if I knew Connor was devoting all his time to baseball. Have you heard anything new on that front?

Connor is red shirting in baseball and will take part in offseason basketball workouts. I’m guessing he’s leaning towards focusing more on hoops with baseball as the secondary sport but I haven’t talked with him since the season ended.

We have Fran on our radio show tomorrow night at six. I’ll try to remember to ask him. I’ll also ask him about not recruiting any grad transfers based on what’s been unconvered on Twitter.

I'd still like to see a grad transfer. I'd hate to go through the BIG wars for a third year in a row with only one senior on the roster. Even if an incoming grad transfer hasn't been through BIG wars and even if some of our juniors are well seasoned.

We'll see in the next few weeks. In 1990, Tom Davis added Val Barnes, Kevin Smith and Jim Bartles after the season ended. Not a bad haul to join Winters, Street and Paul Lusk (and the soon to transfer Phil Chime).

Latest posts