Gordon possibly decommitting ....

Well, hope that Rodney Coe comes in the fold.

RB is not a HUGE need in this class, but you don't want to lose anyone...and Iowa certainly would love to have Coe in the fold.

Here's part of the story ....

Rumors were swirling that Gordon had decommited. Apparently folks who have the power to mess with the rivals recruiting database thought that it was substantiated enough that they took him down from being an Iowa verbal.

Now, FWIW, Gordon is listed on the rivals site as being an Iowa verbal again.

We'll have to see how this all unfolds.

All I know is that if he ends up leaving, then it would be pretty shameful. Had the kid gotten injured, the Hawks would have stuck by him through thick or thin ... and he still would have had a guaranteed 'ship to a great school and to a place that he could develop into a fine player at. Now, if he really does end up jumping ship ... he would be burning a bridge with a coaching staff who formed a VERY close relationship with him and his family.

It's outright shameful if it really comes to pass ...

And, I hope that Kirby is paying attention. Iowa has stuck by him through the recruiting process ... and I really hope that we land him. Iowa's track record of sticking by "their guys" and working hard to help guys develop to their fullest is VERY impressive!

Outside of Coe, who do you see us targeting?

Rawls, out of Flint, MI (if memory serves). The kid has broken a number of the records that Ingram just set a few years ago. I've been hoping that Iowa would offer him for some time now ... however, Iowa had been recruiting RBs from a position of leverage not that long ago. Of course, the losses haven't been helping our cause though ....

Someone on Twitter is saying that something happened in the Hawkeye locker room after last week's game that turned him off and he is now visiting Wisconsin this weekend and said to be ready to commit...

If so too bad, he is a stud at the high school level and it would have been nice to see him in the black and gold. Makes me wonder what the heck happened and how will what happened affect this week's game.

Rawls is a big back, whereas Gordon was more the speed back. If Coe comes, I think a better option to replace Gordon would be 4-star athlete Anthony Pierson out of East St. Louis. He has 4.38 speed and is down to Iowa and 3 other schools. He wants to play RB so that should help because some are recruiting him as an athlete.

Someone on Twitter is saying that something happened in the Hawkeye locker room after last week's game that turned him off and he is now visiting Wisconsin this weekend and said to be ready to commit...

If so too bad, he is a stud at the high school level and it would have been nice to see him in the black and gold. Makes me wonder what the heck happened and how will what happened affect this week's game.

That is a bad bad sign. Iowa had a lot of recruits there this weekend. Hope it wasn't anything too serious.

Link to "Someone on twitter" ?????

was there a fight in the iowa locker room following the ohio state game? tia

Unsubstantiated reports indicate that Wegher showed up with Jerry Springer and told Clayborn that he had been with Clayborn's mom, Clayborn went crazy, then Sash confessed to doing the same, O'Keefe tried to break it up, at which point Hayden Fry showed up and indicated he had been with O'Keefe's wife a long time ago and the carnage continued unabated for hours. I do note, these are unsubstantiated reports, however.

I just want to say good luck to Gordon. Things like this happen with every school. I'm sure we will probably get a player who decommits also.

Well, when all three Wisconsin running backs have 13 TDs this year, you can see why a RB might want to go there. And then you look at what Iowa does on offense.

Latest posts