Gopher the Jugular Game Thread

Minnesota shooting 67% from the floor and we are only down 9. Complete horseshit on the intentional call. Should have been a technical on Pitino, instead they get a 4 point play.

One of two things is gonna happen in the 2nd half. 1) Minnesota comes back to earth shooting and Iowa wins. 2) Minny stays unconscious and they win by 30.

55 fucking points?? Why in the hell is that acceptable? I just cannot figure these guys out. There are days that our poor defense make teams look like national champs. Ridiculous. Today is one of those days. And besides, we play like shit in the Barn.
Might coaching have something to do with it?

Minnesota shooting 67% from the floor and we are only down 9. Complete horseshit on the intentional call. Should have been a technical on Pitino, instead they get a 4 point play.

One of two things is gonna happen in the 2nd half. 1) Minnesota comes back to earth shooting and Iowa wins. 2) Minny stays unconscious and they win by 30.
They could be shooting 80% playing against no defense. It could be worse. Thank god Moss is on fire.

It’s a good thing Iowa is executing on offense. We can only hope MN cools off in the 2nd half.
Our inside D is horrible and when we double their perimeter lights us up. Really disappointed that our D, which has played pretty well this season, just looks slow and unorganized. But, MN came out on fire has not cooled off one bit. Buzz saw. Road game. Ugh.

Stop over helping on defense. They try to trap corners and high hedge with the center every damn time. They over extend on the help and get abused.

Minny likely wont keep shoot that well from outside but Iowa getting destroyed down low, and that isn't ok.

money says #2 is correct. I want to believe your wrong.

I guess scoring more points and having no defense eventually becomes just as frustrating as not being able to score, but holding the score down Lickliter style.

The key is to have balance on both sides.

Well instead of getting super worked up like the MSU game I'm just shutting this off. We're going to lose by 20+ since Minnesota can't miss anything and the refs won't call Minny for all of their fouling.

Minnesota can’t miss because Iowa can’t play defense. Refs have nothing to do with this. This is Fran defense.