Gopher the Jugular Game Thread

55 points at half is a big number.....trying to defend it, not sure if I can, running out of excuses/reasons

Coach, now that your team has jettisoned any semblance of defense, are you concerned about your future at Iowa? Or is there another plan?

Well instead of getting super worked up like the MSU game I'm just shutting this off. We're going to lose by 20+ since Minnesota can't miss anything and the refs won't call Minny for all of their fouling.

Why the F is baby pitino allowed to repeated cross over onto the court?!?! He already has at least 70x5ft of unobstructed area to walk yet he's up on the line when we have the ball over there, repeatedly crossing the line.

CMAC has to figure out how to take/make a jump shot, teams are figuring out that there is not much need to guard him, are dropping off.

Yes, the defense has been bad, but Minny is making shots they have no business making. That Michael Jordan garbage where the guy just threw it up on the reverse and got lucky. Murphy who has probably never made a 3 in this life buries one at the buzzer. Coffey can't miss from 3 even though he's a crap shooter. Just ridiculous.

55 fucking points?? Why in the hell is that acceptable? I just cannot figure these guys out. There are days that our poor defense make teams look like national champs. Ridiculous. Today is one of those days. And besides, we play like shit in the Barn.

Which assistant had the scout on this game?
I have a sneaking suspicion, as it looks like an earlier similar game.
Tear it up and go with your gut...

It's one thing to lose and it's another thing to lose to a garbage team who is shooting out of their minds.

Iowa should just play "goon ball" that Grinnell will use from time to time. 3 on defense and 2 hanging back on offense. If they will not play defense, might as well get ready for offense.

Geezus Fran....defense is a part of the game.

This game is a perfect example why fans are tired of Fran McCaffery. Just try to outscore teams, make offensively inferior teams look great, D not emphasized.
The best stat to illustrate your point, they avg 59/gm away from home...so it cant be an elite offense. Lets just call it Iowa fence from here on out as there is no D

55 points at half is a big number.....trying to defend it not sure if I can running out of excuses/reasons

They are making some incredible shots that would not ordinarily go in

And that BS flagrant should not have been called

Connor was reaching across him for the ball

There was minor contact which should have been a basic foul

We were in the game. playing better, when that flagrant was called

That was the main turning point in the game

Someone needs to take out Murphy. Trip him, shove him down, something. I freaking hate that guy. He's dirty and deserves to get hurt.