Gopher the Jugular Game Thread

Minnesota shooting 67% from the floor and we are only down 9. Complete horseshit on the intentional call. Should have been a technical on Pitino, instead they get a 4 point play.

One of two things is gonna happen in the 2nd half. 1) Minnesota comes back to earth shooting and Iowa wins. 2) Minny stays unconscious and they win by 30.
Iowa’s defense was atrocious that half, if they get it figured out they have a chance, if not they’ll get hammered.

Might coaching have something to do with it?
Well, I think we've established a long time ago. But it's not all coaching. Our players don't react quick enough, b/c they themselves aren't quick enough to react until its too late .

You guys are hilarious.

Every game single thread: “ I can’t believe X player is hitting his shots. He hasn’t made anything in X number of months.”

Every time. How do you guys not understand its because their other opponents don’t leave them wide open like it’s a practice shot. D1 players can make wide open shots, its really not hard to figure out.

"Minnesota can't miss...". Yes, that happens when you aren't playing defense. I've been around long enough to know that teams aren't just getting "lucky" when shooting 67% against you.

Minn has 3 TOvers and only 8 FTAtt's (including the 'intentional') - that's shows how tough the defense is.
Ohio St had 21.

Mich St hangover?
Need a leader!

You guys are hilarious.

Every game single thread: “ I can’t believe X player is hitting his shots. He hasn’t made anything in X number of months.”

Every time. How do you guys not understand its because their other opponents don’t leave them wide open like it’s a practice shot. D1 players can make wide open shots, its really not hard to figure out.
Practice Scrimmage, work on the shots.

Minnesota shooting 67% from the floor and we are only down 9. Complete horseshit on the intentional call. Should have been a technical on Pitino, instead they get a 4 point play.

One of two things is gonna happen in the 2nd half. 1) Minnesota comes back to earth shooting and Iowa wins. 2) Minny stays unconscious and they win by 30.

That flagrant certainly hurt

Stopped our Mo completely

We need to get Joe into the offense

We have to get back on D

They are racing downcourt before we have a chance to set the D

Iowa’s defense was atrocious that half, if they get it figured out they have a chance, if not they’ll get hammered.

Listen, even playing poor defense teams don't shoot 66% unless they are red hot, hitting even contested shots they have no business hitting. We were atrocious defensively last year and we allowed teams to shoot 51% against us.

Minnesota can’t miss because Iowa can’t play defense. Refs have nothing to do with this. This is Fran defense.

Go back to Cyclone Fanatic you freaking loser. Stop hanging out on this board to gloat when Iowa does bad. You're not an Iowa fan and everyone knows it. Minnesota is making everything, open or not. The refs have been terrible and absolutely play a part, but you know this and you're just trolling.

You guys are hilarious.

Looking at it logically, there seems to be one constant.

That flagrant was such garbage. 4 point swing in their favor on a BS call.
The flagrant was BS. I don’t think we’re getting screwed too bad, Connor should have gotten called on that fast break steal but he didn’t.

This team has got to learn to play D, period. They will not contend against even an average team consistently.

Listen, even playing poor defense teams don't shoot 66% unless they are red hot, hitting even contested shots they have no business hitting. We were atrocious defensively last year and we allowed teams to shoot 51% against us.
What did you think of Iowa’s defense that half? Because the shots Minnesota was hitting were not difficult. Not to mention as we said 100 times last year, once you let a team get comfortable and confident, it’s much easier for them.

Stop over helping on defense. They try to trap corners and high hedge with the center every damn time. They over extend on the help and get abused.

Minny likely wont keep shoot that well from outside but Iowa getting destroyed down low, and that isn't ok.

I thought the pace would favor us

Hasn't so far

Hope they can't maintain the pace

Bad losses? And this wouldn’t be one either.
MN is 14 - 5...
Life on the road
Hope the Hawks pull it out

This would be a bad loss. Minnesota is a bad team. Minnesota won't make the NIT. Of course, at this rate Iowa won't either.