Good read for Tebow-Haters

I don't care one way or the other regarding his faith. That's not what annoys me. What annoys me are people like Kaldenberg, who insist that because Tebow is 7-1 against a pathetic slate of teams, he's a good quarterback. He wins, but the Chiefs won a lot last year, too. It doesn't make him a good passer (which is a quarterback's primary function).

He has a 10/1 TD:Int ratio. Is that not good? Why does passing need to be a QB's primary function? Do you think Tommie Frazier was a bad QB just because he didn't throw the ball as well as some other QBs? He just wins games.

He has a 10/1 TD:Int ratio. Is that not good? Why does passing need to be a QB's primary function? Do you think Tommie Frazier was a bad QB just because he didn't throw the ball as well as some other QBs? He just wins games.

Who did Tommie Frazier play for?

Who said they were a pro team?

Wow. Nebraska was a college team. And there's a reason that Nebraska didn't put QB's into the NFL (gee, I wonder what THAT might have been?).

And no, I wouldn't have considered Frazier to be a good quarterback. He was a tailback who lined up under center.

Wow. Nebraska was a college team. And there's a reason that Nebraska didn't put QB's into the NFL (gee, I wonder what THAT might have been?).

And no, I wouldn't have considered Frazier to be a good quarterback. He was a tailback who lined up under center.

Did they win? It's hilarious how people are so bitter about Tebow. He just wins games. Who cares if he's not a traditional NFL QB.

Let's say within the next 4 years Tebow's Broncos finish with the NFL's best record. Let's say they go 13-3. Let's say Tebow throws for 29 TD's and 6 INT, 3,300 yards and completes 55% of his passes for a QB rating of 100ish... Let's say he also rushes for 750 yards and 8 TD's on 125 attempts. Not outrageous numbers, but decent.

Let's say Tebow and the Broncos go to the Super Bowl or win the Super Bowl.

Then would Tebow be a good quarterback? It's a yes or no question.

Let's say within the next 4 years Tebow's Broncos finish with the NFL's best record. Let's say they go 13-3. Let's say Tebow throws for 29 TD's and 6 INT, 3,300 yards and completes 55% of his passes for a QB rating of 100ish... Let's say he also rushes for 750 yards and 8 TD's on 125 attempts. Not outrageous numbers, but decent.

Let's say Tebow and the Broncos go to the Super Bowl or win the Super Bowl.

Then would Tebow be a good quarterback? It's a yes or no question.

While we're on the line of outrageous hypotheticals, IF I had wheels, I'd be a wagon.

Tebow is nowhere even close to those numbers right now, so this scenario is COMPLETELY irrelevant.

Did they win? It's hilarious how people are so bitter about Tebow. He just wins games. Who cares if he's not a traditional NFL QB.

That's fine, he can play the position all he likes. But he's not good at it. He's playing a very weak schedule, and has a solid/good defense behind him. That is why he's winning, not because he's even an above average NFL QB.

To be clear....99% of the Tebow hate on this site is a result of his biggest defender being BK

If BK had said he was a loser 6 weeks ago 99% of this board would have a tebowner

Blame the Stack Man

It was a yes or no question. You fail.

Yes, IF he actually put up good numbers, I'd consider him a good quarterback. But he's not doing that, and has not shown the capability to do so.

Seriously, I don't know if I've ever seen anyone as f*cking stupid as you. Stick to praising the superiority of the SEC. It's just about the only thing you get right when it comes to sports talk.

That's fine, he can play the position all he likes. But he's not good at it. He's playing a very weak schedule, and has a solid/good defense behind him. That is why he's winning, not because he's even an above average NFL QB.

Love the weak schedule argument. He's now started about half of the year and only lost once. How many bad teams are there in this league? And if the Broncos are suddenly better than them, then what is the reason for their improvement? Hmm? Maybe it's Tebow. Are you going to continue to use the week schedule argument when the Broncos are in the playoffs?

To be clear....99% of the Tebow hate on this site is a result of his biggest defender being BK

If BK had said he was a loser 6 weeks ago 99% of this board would have a tebowner

Blame the Stack Man

Technically, I'd be annoyed with ANYONE who defends Tebow the way BK does. But then again, he's the only one stupid enough to take the defense as far as he does.

So I guess you're right. :D

He is a winner...

You have to admire a guy who gets snapper thrown at him daily and rejects it.

Or maybe he likes the TEBONE?

Love the weak schedule argument. He's now started about half of the year and only lost once. How many bad teams are there in this league? And if the Broncos are suddenly better than them, then what is the reason for their improvement? Hmm? Maybe it's Tebow. Are you going to continue to use the week schedule argument when the Broncos are in the playoffs?

You realize he plays in the AFC West, right? Arguably the worst division in football? The teams he's beaten have a combined record of 30-42. The team he didn't beat, Detroit, curbstomped him.

They'll make the playoffs, of that I have little doubt. But SOMEBODY has to make it out of that division. It doesn't make them good. And I've never denied Tebow makes them better. But again, that doesn't mean they're good.

Get at me if they beat New England in two weeks. I have a sneaking suspicion that they won't even come close.

A lot. And he plays in a division that is arguably the worst in the league. As a team, and as a leader, he is fine if not good. As a QB in this league, he is not good. He is winning and that is fine. But when he starts playing the cream of the league on a consistent basis, they will suffer. He was AWFUL last week in the first half against the Vikings. Against a good team, they would have been down 24-0. But they were playing the Vikings and not only were they IN the game, his D actually gave him 7 points. Then they gave him the pick at the end to win it. Tebow has made some great drives to win some games, but he is not a good QB.

Latest posts