Give it up for Little John

And (think this is a Dochterman vid) -
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Eq4N1tUkFE"]YouTube- John Lickliter talks after Iowa-Purdue game 002.MOV[/ame]

Every time I hear John talk, it's like a Mini-Todd. Same mannerisms, same vocabulary.

Thanks for that Spank. I couldn't watch the entire game tonight. Nice song choice btw! Wait til his teammates find that on youtube and start razzing him about it.

To watch John run, like when he ran back to cover on a break, it reminded me of Troy Skinner and his two bad ankles.

HeneryHawk, I know where you are coming from.

For me, personally, although I feel like commentary on Tucker is okay, given as he has set himself up for it, I personally frown on coming up with negative nicknames for our players. His actions put only himself at risk (although they obviously have a negative impact on the team). He didn't hurt a victim with what he did, unlike others in this program from years past.

Great vid spank. Loved the gangsta music ala Office Space and the copier scene.

Great showing by JL. I had fun watching this team tonight. Really pushed hard.

It was pretty cool.

I got up off the couch and did a few fistpumps when he made that basket.

This is not a knock at all - but he reminds me of Little Mac on Mike Tysons Punchout. :D

I was actually thinking last night of MaCausland. Came to Iowa as a grey shirt and kind of came out of nowhere to surprise most fans with his ability to be a real positive contributer. Long ways to go and two completely different players but I sure wouldn't mind another simular story.

Great vid spank. Loved the gangsta music ala Office Space and the copier scene.

Great showing by JL. I had fun watching this team tonight. Really pushed hard.

Right movie, diff. scene. ;)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eniw_S8JaJM"]YouTube- Office Space Damn It feels good to be a gangsta scene[/ame]
(Obviously the vid above is NSFW due to language, so you've be warned ... and that also means you've likely lived in a cave for the last few decades as well.)

The copier scene was the "Die MF Die" tune.

I don't think that movie will ever not be relevant. It's timeless.

Nice video, though can you also add the over-the-head pass to Coughill? And, we call him Little Lick, not Little John, if you can edit that.

Once the vid's up, editing isn't possible unless I re-did it all over again and got a new link.

Call him whatever you want, John, JL, Lickliter, 3-4, Li'l John, Lil Lick, Johnny Five... I don't care.

Oh I loved McCausland! I will never forget a game at Missouri - which we lost in 3 OT, but he canned critical shots right before the end of regulation, 1st and 2nd OT's for us that kept the game going. It was absolutely one of the most exciting games ever in Iowa bball history!

His play was very entertaining last night. He brought a little flash & excitement to Carver for once. It's been a long time since seeing plays like the behind the back pass. It was actually refreshing compared to the normal plodding style of the Iowa team. Let's not forget the 3 he drained from about 25 ft.

Now was this an aberration or are we to expect this on a consistent basis? Last night was most likely an aberration. He looks like a boy amongst men at certain points such as when he had to back away on the Purdue fast-break when he fell back at the baseline. But, he understands the game & can provide solid minutes & spell Payne. What is most impressive is that for his size, he does not get rattled too easy. Can he handle really tough pressure D for an extended period of time? Prob not but not many freshman can. He is quite a solid reserve. Someone who can provide minutes who understands the game & can protect the ball.

Good job John!!

I'll take things step further and say that the offense as a whole has looked a hell of a lot better with Lick in there than it has with Culley. I'm not saying he should get more minuites than Culley as I don't think we could count on him to play at this level getting extended minuites each night but I don't know how you could look at the last two games and thing anything different.

That being said I hope he proves me wrong.

I'll take things step further and say that the offense as a whole has looked a hell of a lot better with Lick in there than it has with Culley. I'm not saying he should get more minuites than Culley as I don't think we could count on him to play at this level getting extended minuites each night but I don't know how you could look at the last two games and thing anything different.

From what I saw from one game that LL has provided significant minutes, yes, he did assist our team better than Cully, no doubt about it -- again, for the one game. Whether it was an aberration or not is yet to be seen, and does he deserve to start as a result, no, but he definitely deserves more playing time. Again, he provided more excitement each time he handled the ball than has been seen all season, and I would have to think the coaching staff and athletic department had to have recognized that fact and will do what they can to get LL more minutes. Excitement = more people attending games, more butts in the seats = more $$$.

I'll take it a step back and say the offense isn't nearly as good without Payne in the game.

I've heard quite a few people saying that Lickliter isn't that far behind Payne or that Lickliter should start over Cully.

Boggles my mind. People can't REALLY think that, can they? Wow.

LL may be a 1 game wonder but he did show that if the pg gets the ball to the right people at the right time, good things can happen. He apparently knows and understands the offense very well, so if the other guys are doing what they are supposed to be doing, it shows that the offense can be quite effective. Congrats LL for a great effort in this game.

If you want to give props to John Lickliter...

...why not start by showing him a little respect by calling him "John Lickliter" rather than "Little John" or "Little Lick."

Just a thought from a resident curmudgeon.

Latest posts